THE BROWNS BOARD

House Dems use Obama-era photos to promote ‘kids in cages’ hearing

Vambo

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-dems-use-obama-era-photo-to-promote-hearing-on-kids-in-cages

“Last week, members of our committee visited a detention center at the southern border and discovered grotesque treatment of children,” the first tweet, posted Tuesday afternoon, said. “This week, we are examining the inhumane treatment of the children in these detention centers.”

But the tweet included a photograph taken by The Associated Press in 2014, during the Obama administration, showing migrants in detention in Arizona. The Trump campaign flagged the soon-deleted tweet and noted the image comes from a time when current Democratic presidential primary front-runner Joe Biden was vice president.

“House Democrats are promoting their 'civil rights' hearing on ‘kids in cages’ and ‘inhumane treatment’ with a photo from 2014, when Joe Biden was Vice President,” the tweet read. “So dishonest!”

According to The Daily Caller, House Democrats then put up a new tweet with a different photograph -- also, it turns out, from the Obama administration years. That tweet was soon deleted as well, after it was noticed by their Republican counterparts on the committee.

“You all know that’s a picture from 2014, right? Remind us who was President then,” the tweet said.

4 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

at least the homless citizens BELONG HERE.

why quadruple the problem?

I wasn’t arguing for open borders. I just don’t see why homeless people always come up as some defense of not letting in anyone else when we know damn well people in office could give a shit about the homeless. Homelessness would have to be the very last ill facing humanity and even then people would find excuses not to help them. 

I have served food at soup kitchens every winter for the last 8 years and even I get annoyed by bums hustling for change. 

I think the point is, what CAN you do about homelessness?

according to yahoo:

"There are an estimated 553,742 people in the United States experiencing homelessness on a given night, according to the most recent national point-in-time estimate (January 2017). This represents a rate of approximately 17 people experiencing homelessness per every 10,000 people in the general population."

"Pew estimated the total population to be 11.1 million in 2014, or approximately 3 percent of the U.S. population. This "is in the same ballpark" as figures from the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS), which estimated that 11.4 million undocumented immigrants lived in the United States in January 2012."

that's a bit over a half million homeless to 11.1 million illegal criminals and growing dramatically every week.

at least the homeless should get some kind of social security if they ever worked?