THE BROWNS BOARD

Time to break up the power social media conglomerates

calfoxwc

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

What is even more hilarious sad actually are those on the left who used to be against censorship but now are fine with it. Liberals don't get much right but one of the few things they had gotten right were on free speech and against censorship.

Nothing you've been complaining about us attacking your free speech

But yes, you and your right wing friends on here completely flip on certain issues when you don't like the results anymore. Everything was fine when trolls were going after liberals. Now the sides are flipped and it's so horrible we need to break up Facebook. Christ...

And yes, there are liberals doing the exact same thing, flipping based on party and interest. But as much as you and others may wrongly believe, they're not on this board. The conservative version though? We have that in spades. This "break up Facebook" issue is just the latest example.

I mean... More regulation comrade!

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Nothing you've been complaining about us attacking your free speech

But yes, you and your right wing friends on here completely flip on certain issues when you don't like the results anymore. Everything was fine when trolls were going after liberals. Now the sides are flipped and it's so horrible we need to break up Facebook. Christ...

And yes, there are liberals doing the exact same thing, flipping based on party and interest. But as much as you and others may wrongly believe, they're not on this board. The conservative version though? We have that in spades. This "break up Facebook" issue is just the latest example.

I mean... More regulation comrade!

Nyet, Nyet...Uhm... I mean no ,no 😅

Actually Woody I wasn't any part of what you are talking about. My objection to censorship has nothing to do with that. In my younger days I was more of a censorship kind of guy. If there was an objectionable book in the library I would say get rid of it. I thought censoring of things objectionable on television was a good way to  go. Later I learned a better way to censorship was self censorship. I just wouldn't take out the books in the library I thought were offensive. I just would turn the channel on television if there was something I found offensive. I learned to appreciate what the ACLU always preached: the answer to speech you find offensive is not shutting down speech you don't like or agree with but more speech (that is go out and speak up yourself for what you believe). It is better to counter offensive speech than to shut it  down. That was a good principle the ACLU used to stand for.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

I could see you as a "church book burning" kind of guy in your youth

LOL...some books are still worth the bonfire...as long as nobody is being pressured to do it. 

New Living Translation Acts 19:19
A number of them who had been practicing sorcery brought their incantation and climate change theory books and burned them at a public bonfire. The value of the books was several million dollars.