THE BROWNS BOARD

Time to break up the power social media conglomerates

calfoxwc

10 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

if they were preventing other people from entering the marke, , fine.....but all if u, for jusr a few hundred bucks...can start ur own social media website. So yeah ur all blatant dirty sewer rat  commies when u see fit....

No way Jose..Big Tech has gotten so big it is a monopoly and start up company competitors can hardly get off the ground without being either bought out or crushed by big Tech:

The biggest tech companies in the world have bought up a lot of smaller startups

https://www.businessinsider.com/big-tech-companies-buying-smaller-startups-2018-3

2 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

No way Jose..Big Tech has a monopoly and start up companies can hardly get off the ground without being either bought out or crushed by big Tech:

The biggest tech companies in the world have bought up a lot of smaller startups

https://www.businessinsider.com/big-tech-companies-buying-smaller-startups-2018-3

u realize being bought out was a personal decision from them right? no one can force u to sell. If u started ur own obfbook.com....then sold out to fb ir whomever... thats YOUR FUCKING CALL. 

and by "getting crushed" u mean being uncompetetive? right. Obviously it would be a huge task taking on fb...but nobidy forces peoole to use fb. If u have a better idra, bring it to market. Conservative social media...make it happen fags. Nothing fb does nor can do, prevents any of u fagborns from starting ur own shit

4 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

u realize being bought out was a personal decision from them right? no one can force u to sell. If u started ur own obfbook.com....then sold out to fb ir whomever... thats YOUR FUCKING CALL. 

Bought out or crushed I posted..If you have a product to sell and are buying advertising time/spaceI doubt if you will go with the small company that reaches thousands versus the large one that reaches millions..

As tech companies get richer, is it 'game over' for startups?

"Young firms struggle to compete as deep-pocketed companies like Facebook and Amazon clone products and consolidate their power"

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/oct/20/tech-startups-facebook-amazon-google-apple

"dear god what am i talking to"

Please read the article and learn....

maybe digital patent rights need rexamined.....ill admit its a grey area. Did not realize how much of other products facebook was cloning. My issue with FB is privacy violations...thats why i dont use fb. What ur complsining about tho is the histori al "american way" of doing business. That shit has bern going on for a century and there was zero issue with blue blood american compsnies like GE, kellog, MS, Appke etc,etc......who did all this and more. 

But it never ceases to amaze me the power over the markets that u conservatives want to give govt "when it suits you". Then in the next breathe govt can do no good, should be minimized etc etc. When the EPA comes down pn companies outting shit in our waters....its kiberal govt overreach.

u conservatives are completely lost...there is no redemption for u. When u give more fucks about a ridiculous wanker company lije fb who's service u are completely free to not use.....over companies who's manufacturing methods shit in the very air and water we need..........theres just no hope fir u anymore. To be clear id like nothing more than for people to wake up one day and realize omg social media is a mind fuck..

1 minute ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Conservatives can’t compete so they want participation awards and want the game changed for them. 

ill admit some of the stuff about fb copying startups is just exassperating.....but then y'all better be ready to apply principle in the matter. What FB is doing is currently 100% legal evidently.....so laws have to be changed. 

Just now, OldBrownsFan said:

Oh so big firms that already have in house development teams and large scale marketing teams make adjacent products to edge out smaller firms? Shocking. This is a tale as old as industry. If you can’t market your product it won’t do as well as a large firm with the means to capitalize on trends. There are alternatives but conservatives don’t use them because that requires effort.

Just now, LogicIsForSquares said:

Oh so big firms that already have in house development teams and large scale marketing teams make adjacent products to edge out smaller firms? Shocking. This is a tale as old as industry. If you can’t market your product it won’t do as well as a large firm with the means to capitalize on trends. There are alternatives but conservatives don’t use them because that requires effort.

That is easy enough to say but in the real world Big Tech has gotten so big that other start up companies are not able to compete. They are big enough to crush competitors and that is what they are doing. You can put your head in the sand but the facts are there.

2 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

That is easy enough to say but in the real world Big Tech has gotten so big that other start up companies are not able to compete. They are big enough to crush competitors and that is what they are doing. You can put your head in the sand but the facts are there.

So startups just don’t exist then? I mean those companies crush everyone so not a single one exists. 

Any other luxuries you wish to control, Comrade? I am sure a local potato chip company may not be able to sell as well as Lays so we better level the playing field.

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

So startups just don’t exist then? I mean those companies crush everyone so not a single one exists. 

Any other luxuries you wish to control, Comrade? I am sure a local potato chip company may not be able to sell as well as Lays so we better level the playing field.

potato chip companies decide elections in favor of the left?

huh. where did you get your information?