THE BROWNS BOARD

Off to Nevada

MLD Woody

1 minute ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I know! These damned private businesses and their ability to do with their product what they will!

And when private businesses get so big and powerful they become monopolies like big Tech has become we have a remedy in this country called breaking up the monopolies and leveling the playing field.

14 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

And when private businesses get so big and powerful they become monopolies like big Tech has become we have a remedy in this country called breaking up the monopolies and leveling the playing field.

And look at the history of monopolies that have been broken up in this country. Facebook in no way qualifies by the standards set for busting up a monopoly. There are competitors but it seems conservatives make zero effort to migrate to them.

I use MeWe so I can do private gun trades. Facebook banned being able to do it. Gun owners didn’t pout and ask that the feds come in to make it accepted on Facebook. They just moved to a social media platform that allowed it. 

10 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

And look at the history of monopolies that have been broken up in this country. Facebook in no way qualifies by the standards set for busting up a monopoly. There are competitors but it seems conservatives make zero effort to migrate to them.

I use MeWe so I can do private gun trades. Facebook banned being able to do it. Gun owners didn’t pout and ask that the feds come in to make it accepted on Facebook. They just moved to a social media platform that allowed it. 

How about Amazon? I like Amazon Prime. I  get great prices and get my product in 1 or two days many times with free shipping. But if Amazon is killing off brick and mortar stores and hurting the country that concerns me:

Amazon Is Completely Destroying These Iconic Stores

https://www.cheatsheet.com/money-career/stores-destroyed-by-amazon.html/

A Dozen or so Companies Amazon Is Slaying This Year

https://www.investopedia.com/news/5-companies-amazon-killing/

49 Companies Amazon Could Destroy (And 1 It Already Has)

https://www.kiplinger.com/slideshow/investing/T052-S001-49-companies-amazon-could-destroy-1-already-has/index.html

How Barnes & Noble, the last big bookstore, fell to Amazon

https://www.axios.com/barnes-and-noble-book-stores-sale-amazon-effect-4f2753d2-818c-49d1-878a-60f0c3a5b3f7.html

11 Popular Companies That Are About To Be Gone Forever

http://moneyversed.com/companies-killed-by-amazon/

Retail Apocalypse: These big retailers closing stores, filing for bankruptcy

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/features-retail-apocalypse-bankruptcy-stores-closing

I'll stop here but the list goes on and on...

18 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

So we should punish success now because Amazon does the best in their industry? You can still shop at JC Penney’s. Consumers choose the better service which happens to be Amazon.

For how long will you be able to shop at JC Penney's before Amazon does away with them too? Ours already closed. Consumers choose Amazon because it is best for them, that is why I use Amazon alot these days. But what is best for the country has to be considered too.

6 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

For how long will you be able to shop at JC Penney's before Amazon does away with them too? Ours already closed. Consumers choose Amazon because it is best for them, that is why I use Amazon alot these days. But what is best for the country has to be considered too.

Amazon isn’t doing away with anyone. JC Penney’s isn’t offering services or marketing well enough to keep customers loyal. So should Amazon and consumers be punished because JC Penney’s hasn’t found a way to innovate and keep customers? What is your suggestion for saving every business that doesn’t stay competitive?

Ironic their businesses started out as a mail-order company is being put out of business by a mail-order company but... There will always be some sort of Attraction for brick and mortar just because if the selection is great enough and they price match I think people will basically prefer dealing with a human being even if they have to eat some tax. Back in the old days when there was Circuit City at Best Buy going head-to-head circuit City's employees were on commission and really had to know the product while Best Buy staff was basically minimum wage or a couple bucks over. Recently Best Buy has insisted their people learn the product line which makes it much more worthwhile to shop there that before.

Otoh I purchase most of my musical gear at Sweetwater online. My guy knows the equipment and FedEx usually has it here the next day. Problem with the smaller Brick and Mortar Music Stores is that they don't carry the major brands. Guitar Center does what it seems like they turned over the staff every few months.

WSS

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Amazon isn’t doing away with anyone. JC Penney’s isn’t offering services or marketing well enough to keep customers loyal. So should Amazon and consumers be punished because JC Penney’s hasn’t found a way to innovate and keep customers? What is your suggestion for saving every business that doesn’t stay competitive?

Is Amazon Violating U.S. Antitrust Laws? This Law Student Thinks He Has Evidence.

http://inthesetimes.com/article/21850/is-amazon-using-predatory-pricing-in-violation-of-antitrust-laws-monopoly

Speaking of Penny's I actually shop there because they have a good selection of Levi's. Their mail order it's not bad but I hate getting charged shipping if they send the item to the store near me. I'm happy to go pick it up but it seems like you're getting screwed will they charge you to take it to their own facility.

WSS

4 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Speaking of Penny's I actually shop there because they have a good selection of Levi's. Their mail order it's not bad but I hate getting charged shipping if they send the item to the store near me. I'm happy to go pick it up but it seems like you're getting screwed will they charge you to take it to their own facility.

WSS

And on that part I would agree with Logic...Penny's should change their policy to keep their customers.

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Still he is likely more in the know than either of us..what would be wrong anyway with looking into Amazon's business practices?

Yes comrade, we must send government official to all businesses. They must support their for share for the motherland!

13 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

And on that part I would agree with Logic...Penny's should change their policy to keep their customers.

Yep. Levi's makes hundreds of different jeans. Just in the ones that I wear there are like a dozen different colors and nobody could be expected to carry three or four in every size and every color. Penney's website has them all, they take them right to the store. I understand I have to pay sales tax. But I also understand if I don't like them I can send them back right on the spot and get the next darker or lighter color. If they are going to charge me shipping on top of the tax and I still have to go to their store I might as well get them from Amazon.

Not like I can't afford the three or four bucks shipping but it's just a little bit of an insult.

WSS

Levis SUCK, they are awful, because their pinko CEO is an American Bill of Rights HATEMONGER commie sombeitch, and he reeks of being a communist woodpecker.

Levi's Hates Gun Owners and Thinks They Have a Short Memory - The ...

Dec 1, 2016 - Levi Strauss CEO Chip Bergh posted an open letter in Fortune Magazine saying ... He told Fortune, “You don't need a gun to try on a pair of jeans.” ..... Then you run your suck about how your customers should buy their stuff.

Levi Strauss CEO Goes Full Anti-Gun, Paying Employees to 'Volunteer ...

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/levi-strauss-end-gun-violence/

Sep 4, 2018 - Levi Strauss CEO Goes Full Anti-Gun, Paying Employees to ...... So it's Official, I have put levi on my “you suck list” and never ever buy another 

8 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Did you forget to switch to your alt account?

you want a pair. figures. Hope you had a great vacation checking out Nevada before you go

protest Area 51. lol