THE BROWNS BOARD

MBA Debt

MLD Woody

I hate to brag but youins need to see our new digs.  I have some chinking to do but with 12 youngins we needed to move on up!  No more 1/2 mile walks to the creek.......bath right out the front door!  drop the mic! 

IMG_0468.thumb.JPG.e2f5877a084db8a256ac4bcef1ac2634.JPG 

7 minutes ago, bigbambo said:

I hate to brag but youins need to see our new digs.  I have some chinking to do but with 12 youngins we needed to move on up!  No more 1/2 mile walks to the creek.......bath right out the front door!  drop the mic! 

IMG_0468.thumb.JPG.e2f5877a084db8a256ac4bcef1ac2634.JPG 

Ever’a one knows you photoshopped that roof

5 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

an automatic fish feeder on your dock ? you must a got a mortgage on yer place to have it that fancy.

Auto fish feeder...quit pulling my leg....dat scatters rat poison so they don't eat my bullfrogs!  Strange lookin fish in this tank....not very tasty so, we bury them in the garden by the okra.DSC00286.thumb.JPG.e6bbafc9cea0714473dbb8082f8e0a18.JPG

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

So high school was always worthless?

Having high school diploma it's probably not going to guarantee much of a job. At least that seems to be what some of you guys are saying about needing a college degree for respectable employment.

Now everybody will have a college degree when they move the social promotion system into the next four years of free education.

Then everybody will be complaining that you have to have a masters or a doctorate or some sort of specialized degree to get any kind of a decent job. And then the same people will be crying that they should give that away free too.

A college degree makes an applicant more desirable because he did something above and beyond what most people are willing to do.

WSS

26 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Having high school diploma it's probably not going to guarantee much of a job. At least that seems to be what some of you guys are saying about needing a college degree for respectable employment.

Now everybody will have a college degree when they move the social promotion system into the next four years of free education.

Then everybody will be complaining that you have to have a masters or a doctorate or some sort of specialized degree to get any kind of a decent job. And then the same people will be crying that they should give that away free too.

A college degree makes an applicant more desirable because he did something above and beyond what most people are willing to do.

WSS

You answered this in your last statement.

The barrier to entry should be your work ethic and ability to learn, not your income. Even if there is government funding for college that doesn't all of a sudden make engineering degrees worthless. You still need the ability to earn one.

Plus, you still have the distinguishing factor of WHERE you got the degree. You still need to get in to MIT and you still need to make it through their program. Government aid doesn't devalue an MIT degree. 

You don't need a college degree for respectable employment. But it makes it much more likely and has become much more needed in the last number of decades. 

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

You answered this in your last statement.

The barrier to entry should be your work ethic and ability to learn, not your income. Even if there is government funding for college that doesn't all of a sudden make engineering degrees worthless. You still need the ability to earn one.

I guess there's a Bachelors in engineering. Is there? No kind of advanced degree?

Plus, you still have the distinguishing factor of WHERE you got the degree. You still need to get in to MIT and you still need to make it through their program. Government aid doesn't devalue an MIT degree. 

it kind of does if part of the requirements for getting into MIT is a certain GPA and you get extra points for race.

But in the world where everything has to be fair why shouldn't everybody get a degree from MIT? 

You don't need a college degree for respectable employment. But it makes it much more likely and has become much more needed in the last number of decades. 

because, artificially or not, it sets college graduates slightly ahead of high school graduates. And now only a moron fails to get at least that.

Like I said because at this time the guy with the college degree had to do something to earn it. When everybody gets one for free none of them will be worth much.

WSS

45 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Giving away free college to people wouldn't affect much.  Because there are so many lazy fuckers in this country who can't even graduate from high school.

This. School is covered for free by grants  with living stipends if you are poor. I had a few buddies who had everything covered because of it. However, I still saw a ton of dummies who just couldn’t do it even with it being totally free and not having to work while in school.

27 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

This. School is covered for free by grants  with living stipends if you are poor. I had a few buddies who had everything covered because of it. However, I still saw a ton of dummies who just couldn’t do it even with it being totally free and not having to work while in school.

Exactly. I'm familiar with those programs having some relatives enrolled. The school's want the money and by God they will find something that a monkey can understand as long as the checks keep coming.

WSS