Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MLD Woody

MBA Debt

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

 

merlin_144056763_5833531b-648c-48b9-b586-e60ddd9cccec-articleLarge.jpg

I've always found it amusing how baby boomers get into such an uproar over the national debt when they're the generation who took the proverbial credit card of national wealth given to them by the preceding generation and proceeded to be the ones that maxed it out to begin with.

And the best part is, most boomers are on the back 9 of life anyway, so they'll more than likely never be affected by having to be the ones to pay the debt off. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

 

merlin_144056763_5833531b-648c-48b9-b586-e60ddd9cccec-articleLarge.jpg

Better not increase taxes at all on the super wealthy though.

Or try to close their tax loopholes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jbluhm86 said:

I've always found it amusing how baby boomers get into such an uproar over the national debt when they're the generation who took the proverbial credit card of national wealth given to them by the preceding generation and proceeded to be the ones that maxed it out to begin with.

And the best part is, most boomers are on the back 9 of life anyway, so they'll more than likely never be affected by having to be the ones to pay the debt off. 

Point the finger where it belongs at Washington DC..there have been a lot of boomers who never signed on to overspending by our government and have said we are saddling the next generation with this debt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Better not increase taxes at all on the super wealthy though.

Or try to close their tax loopholes

Socialism and playing class warfare are not the answer. Instead of envying the wealthy and wanting to see them punished for being successful  I want to see more people getting wealthy. We all benefit from it. If they weren't paying their fair share I would feel different but in most cases they are. 

Remember this too that businesses do not pay taxes anyway. Whatever increase in taxes are put on them will just get passed on to consumers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Socialism and playing class warfare are not the answer. Instead of envying the wealthy and wanting to see them punished for being successful  I want to see more people getting wealthy. We all benefit from it. If they weren't paying their fair share I would feel different but in most cases they are. 

Slightly increasing taxes on the super wealthy isn't going to be the one thing that starts "class warfare". That already exists through the massive income disparities in this country. A slightly higher tax isn't punishment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

Slightly increasing taxes on the super wealthy isn't going to be the one thing that starts "class warfare". That already exists through the massive income disparities in this country. A slightly higher tax isn't punishment. 

Just wait until one of your Socialists take the White House with a Dem Congress.

The National Debt will swell faster than Rosie O'Donell's thighs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Just wait until one of your Socialists take the White House with a Dem Congress.

The National Debt will swell faster than Rosie O'Donell's thighs.

 

Opposed to it not going up at all the last.... Decades?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Just wait until one of your Socialists take the White House with a Dem Congress.

The National Debt will swell faster than Rosie O'Donell's thighs.

 

 

Just now, MLD Woody said:

Opposed to it not going up at all the last.... Decades?

That is only part of it. The great job market we have now will disappear because why would anyone in business want to build a new business or expand their business if they are only going to get penalized for it?  

Here is a great article from a very liberal senator (George Mcgovern) who ran for president in 1972 about what he learned when he started his own business after leaving the senate and how he found out how wrong and destructive his liberal policies were to business and how he would have done things differently if he knew what he found out as a business owner. 

George McGovern, Small Business Owner

 
 

By Fran Tarkenton    |   Monday, 22 October 2012 04:49 PM

https://www.newsmax.com/frantarkenton/mcgovern-small-business-owner/2012/10/22/id/460970/



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, why would anyone want to get rich if they're now getting slightly less rich. I mean why bother at that point? I'd rather make minimum wage than make 7 figures with a slightly higher tax rate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Opposed to it not going up at all the last.... Decades?

I also laugh at your premise of taxing the "Super Wealthy". 

Like they're going to sit around in a country that's going to tax the shit out of them.

Newsflash...they will be gone faster than last week's paycheck.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Some Bernie facts:

Bernie Sanders Didn’t Make a Paycheck Until He Turned 40

"Despite a prestigious degree, however, Sanders failed to earn a living, even as an adult. It took him 40 years to collect his first steady paycheck — and it was a government check.

“I never had any money my entire life,” Sanders told Vermont public TV in 1985, after settling into his first real job as mayor of Burlington.

Sanders spent most of his life as an angry radical and agitator who never accomplished much of anything. And yet now he thinks he deserves the power to run your life and your finances — “We will raise taxes;” he confirmed Monday, “yes, we will.”

One of his first jobs was registering people for food stamps, and it was all downhill from there.

Sanders took his first bride to live in a maple sugar shack with a dirt floor, and she soon left him. Penniless, he went on unemployment. Then he had a child out of wedlock. Desperate, he tried carpentry but could barely sink a nail. “He was a shi**y carpenter,” a friend told Politico Magazine. “His carpentry was not going to support him, and didn’t.”

Then he tried his hand freelancing for leftist rags, writing about “masturbation and rape” and other crudities for $50 a story. He drove around in a rusted-out, Bondo-covered VW bug with no working windshield wipers. Friends said he was “always poor” and his “electricity was turned off a lot.” They described him as a slob who kept a messy apartment — and this is what his friends had to say about him.

The only thing he was good at was talking … non-stop … about socialism and how the rich were ripping everybody off. 

https://spectator.org/65498_bernie-sanders-didnt-make-paycheck-until-he-turned-40/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we all get free college, I'm goin to go get my degree and become an attorney and make woody pay for it.

oh, boy oh boy.

EVERYBODY will get free stuff.

Til the money runs out.

which it already has, hence our national debt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sounds like a very unbiased and well researched article about Bernie....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a small percentage that win the women's fifa world cup.  I think it's unfair that they get to celebrate it all (even though they practiced day and night) and we should tax them.  We should have the lead ass couch women replace the team in the parade.  Who cares how they got it...it should be shared equally.  

It's the same when it comes to starting a business but the dems think we should take from the winners!  losers!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bigbambo said:

It's a small percentage that win the women's fifa world cup.  I think it's unfair that they get to celebrate it all (even though they practiced day and night) and we should tax them.  We should have the lead ass couch women replace the team in the parade.  Who cares how they got it...it should be shared equally.  

It's the same when it comes to starting a business but the dems think we should take from the winners!  losers!

 

 

This post brings me to my next point, kids. - Graduate high school and don't overuse DMT. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot to add......Trump is a racist!  

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

 

This post brings me to my next point, kids. - Graduate high school and don't overuse DMT. 

Boy, that hurt!  And I was going to help you pay off your double-wide...geez 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So basically we are talking about K through 16 instead of K through 12 correct? I doubt that will move the goalposts one way or the other.

But it will make a four-year degree a worthless piece of shit, not much different than a high-school diploma.

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

So basically we are talking about K through 16 instead of K through 12 correct? I doubt that will move the goalposts one way or the other.

But it will make a four-year degree a worthless piece of shit, not much different than a high-school diploma.

WSS

.... Because it's more affordable it will become worthless?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

.... Because it's more affordable it will become worthless?

Same as High School.

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Same as High School.

WSS

So high school was always worthless?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

My dad has this on the wall of his workshop.

Of all the cartoonists I have ever seen I don't think any of them can come close to Gary Larson's The Far Side. 

Here is one for WSS:

 

fb9da242910ea94108ff68d325a40f01.jpg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, bigbambo said:

I forgot to add......Trump is a racist!  

Boy, that hurt!  And I was going to help you pay off your double-wide...geez 

My double wide? Yeeehaw, I wish. Thems too rich for my blood. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Groovy!   I would have needed to sell my single-wide and owe you for the rest if you had called me out!   At least you got a degree..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have twiced the yard I have and that skirting sets off the yeller nicely!   I have some extra heat tape ifin you have pipe freezin in the winter.  PM me if interested!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

egad, you rich folk live high on the hog. Our home is very safe from tornadoes, and the cost was minimal.

52eee68590b9c0eca54550a3c1d36579--buildi

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Mines in the middle.

 

Image result for rednecks double wide trailers

You fancy sum bitch, do you have a window A/C? I've heard of such tales before... 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Mines in the middle.

 

Image result for rednecks double wide trailers

Shore is purty DH!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×