THE BROWNS BOARD

How is this research?

htownbrown

https://www.thecollegefix.com/researchers-scrap-gender-binary-in-sports-to-allow-transgenders-to-compete-fairly/

Please, someone explain because I don't get this.  Is this more or less a "pound for pound" rating system so to speak?  And if so, wth does socioeconomics contribute to the algorithm? 

This seems over the top silly.  So if Baker becomes Betty, does that mean some of 'her' INTs don't count?  

- Handful of typos in that article, bad look

- I think the "epidemic" of transwomen 'destroying' women's sports is overblown to rile up the base

- You can't do an algorithm to make sports "fair" like this. Is it "fair" that Lebron is just an athletic anomaly? Or the fact that Phelps had a bunch of weird proportions? Elite athletes are that way because, yes, hardwork and training...., but also fantastic genetics. Taller, fast twitch muscles, more testosterone, etc.

7 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

- Handful of typos in that article, bad look

- I think the "epidemic" of transwomen 'destroying' women's sports is overblown to rile up the base

- You can't do an algorithm to make sports "fair" like this. Is it "fair" that Lebron is just an athletic anomaly? Or the fact that Phelps had a bunch of weird proportions? Elite athletes are that way because, yes, hardwork and training...., but also fantastic genetics. Taller, fast twitch muscles, more testosterone, etc.

1. I saw a few.

2. Wouldn't this eliminate women's sports though? (Not that I watch anyway)

3.  Completely agree. 

this is ridiculous. And its def going to get more pervasive especially when gay hs athletes realize they csn tske couple estrogen then proceed to destroy girls in a sport whixh could lead to scholarships. Theres even a female to male transgender wrestler in hs thats getting roid shots but she doesnt have to compete against boys....so she's destroying female wrestlers cause she's chemically a dude now. Once she gets into college than shes mandated to hsve to cimpete against males....

this is so fucking bullshit and it isnt what real transgender people ever hsd in mind. This will set back their rights in the long run. I will agree with the conservstives on this....this is liberalism run too far to the left.

9 hours ago, htownbrown said:

1. I saw a few.

2. Wouldn't this eliminate women's sports though? (Not that I watch anyway)

3.  Completely agree. 

If there are hundreds and thousands of male to female trans athletes ready to compete. I don't think there are.

It's definitely a tricky situation. I just don't think it is as big of a deal as some would have it seem