THE BROWNS BOARD

Duke Dumps his Agent

gumby73

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

No, we wouldn't.  If there were a time to trade him it would be more toward midseason, when other teams may have had their runners suffer injuries and they would be in desperate need for someone like Duke.  Or, maybe, some NFC team (do not trade him in the AFC) could see someone like that as a key component to them making the playoffs.  Then those other team would ante up even more for Duke than we could get for him now. .....

unless you think that right here, right now you are going to get like a 2d round draft pick for him

Duke isn't worth doo-doo on the open market. Regardless of when he gets  traded. I'll  be shocked  if  we get anything  more than a  4th rounder.  Exhibit  A is what the Steelers  got for their malcontents Brown and  Bell. Almost  nothing  based on their talent  level, on another level compared to Johnson.  

Too bad Duke isn't  happy with the load of  cash  he got in his new contract. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Duke isn't worth doo-doo on the open market.

OK, then, the best tactic the Browns can employ is to use him, since they are paying him

Regardless of when he gets  traded. I'll  be shocked  if  we get anything  more than a  4th rounder.  Exhibit  A is what the Steelers  got for their malcontents Brown and  Bell. Almost  nothing  based on their talent  level, on another level compared to Johnson.  

Again, all the more reason to just put him to work then.

Too bad Duke isn't  happy with the load of  cash  he got in his new contract. 

In my opinion, his happiness is irrelevent.  (besides, I don't think it is the money he is unhappy with, is it?  It is the perceived "you said you might want to trade me"  BS.  All this phony baloney  teenage romance drama.)  Beyond that, if he does get traded, he ain't getting more money from anywhere else, they are just going to pay him that contract.

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Maybe in his mind he thinks he's a "feature back", and that ain't happening with Chubb and Hunt on the roster.

I don't know...I think he knows he is the backup/3rd down back.    And Hunt really "ain't" on the roster for 8 games, and who knows beyond that.

I don't think Duke can take the pounding that an every down RB has to take.  I see him more as a, Raise My Hand For A Break, type of guy rather than the Carlos Hyde, I Don't Need To Come Out type.

20 minutes ago, Orion said:

I don't think Duke can take the pounding that an every down RB has to take.  I see him more as a, Raise My Hand For A Break, type of guy rather than the Carlos Hyde, I Don't Need To Come Out type.

Remember the argument Haley had with Hue about Hue letting guys sit too much during Training Camp and that Haley thought they needed to be on the field practicing more? I swear I think it was Duke specifically they were talking about

• Thanks 1

You nailed the guy Dutch.It was Duke^^^  Each day I read on the duke, and I keep reading a clusterfuck of idea's 🤓..1)Grossi thinks (not easy for him,btw) if Mayfield openly apologies to Duke..The sky quits falling & Duke can be a good teammate..(yikes!) 2.) Trade to Jags maybe front runners? Jags got no one after Fournette & she can't catch..While at GB, Wolfe & Highsmith drafted a LB out of Michigan, Jake Ryan with the 5th pick in the 4th round. Jake is 27, a westlake,ohio kid  & can tackle now at Jags..fair trade option for Duke, imo..3.) The Yuckaneers of TB..They have Barber, who's similar to Duke & a rookie RB Ronald Jones that struggled last season ..Another former Ohio kid that maybe playing out his welcome in TB is DE & former buckeye Noah Spence.Spence is better DE depth than what we have if tradeable..4.) Dorsey has a buddy gm at the Colts..but imo, Chris Ballard loves the RB Nyheim Hines pick from NC State drafted last season..If some remember? Ogun tore his pec not needing surgery..Those are f'n scary going into this season..The Colts have a guy with a motor that won't quit, that plays anywhere on the DL..Denico Autry..might cost Duke & a late pick? But missing out on Gerald McCoy might feel better..     

51 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Remember the argument Haley had with Hue about Hue letting guys sit too much during Training Camp and that Haley thought they needed to be on the field practicing more? I swear I think it was Duke specifically they were talking about

I've always thought that Duke was the 'soft tissue' guy in the conversation.

Trade Duke for Trent Richardson. 

52 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The only post in the last 6 hours on this board, and this is it?   

What is this place coming to?

Po hasn't taken down the Trent poster yet apparently....  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Orion said:

It's the middle of July....

Denver's rookies & vets report today 🤩.90 degrees by 11am 🌵.any news is news..Ravens/Zona/Seattle rookies report today...Some team Vets start showing up as early as the 21st..The Hype Train 🚂 rolls into C-land with Vets & rookies on the 24th..Open the 🏈 Gates!! 

• Like 1

Yeah I love Duke as much as the next guy but he's really done nothing to help his situation. The dorse isn't going to trade him until the season gets going. Not until Hunt's suspension is almost over, or someone else in the league is desperate for a back. Hopefully before the season starts he realizes that the best way to go about this is to make himself more attractive to other teams with his play.

• Upvote 1