THE BROWNS BOARD

Duke Dumps his Agent

gumby73

41 minutes ago, Flugel said:

That's a classic!  

Am going to give some million-aire a advertising idea 💡.. The phase "If you don't wear Brown & Orange? You don't Matter" needs to be made in a US Mailbox vinyl wrap 📬 them bastards will pop up everywhere in every State, including England & Spain...they can have my cut 💵 (but i want Baker kicked back as John Dorsey in one corner) 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

no but neither does hunt. Its the combo with chubb that makes duke as well as hunt, such a promising backfield. 

Hunt is 5x's the back Duke is..Hence why Dontrell Hilliard went "Ahead" of duke..

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Who says that Hilliard has gone ahead of duke?

I do... judging by what has transpired.. Wake up from your nap already!.. :P

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

i wouldnt be comfortable with him being the feature back here. Id be asking for a carlos hyde type to do the heavy lifting. Does hunt catch well out of the backfield? 

Hes better at Dukes job than Duke...

1 hour ago, nickers said:

I do... judging by what has transpired.. Wake up from your nap already!.. :P

Well. sorry.  We know that you are a completely unreliable source to ask.   Every depth chart out there still has Duke ahead of Hilliard.   And I believe that will remain the case until and unless  Duke is moved.

He simply has proven that he has more skills. His career production is vastly superior.   NOTHING that has happened recently has changed that.  Asking for a trade certainly does not.  If he were to be dropped on the depth chart, then his trade value would be diminished.

So...neither his capabilities nor his production put him behind Hilliard, and certainly for return value they would not list him behind Hilliard. 

Even If I am taking a nap...then you must be walking around in a stupor.

Hes better at Dukes job than Duke...

Actually,  probably not.   Hunt is more like  Chubb than he is like Duke.  He is a more power runner, not 3rd down, playing in the slot half the time back.  Could Hunt do that role? I suspect so.  But that is not his forte.

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Actually,  probably not.   Hunt is more like  Chubb than he is like Duke.  He is a more power runner, not 3rd down, playing in the slot half the time back.  Could Hunt do that role? I suspect so.  But that is not his forte.

You underestimate Hunt's real pass catching skills out of the backfield and the dual threat he presents on 3rd down. He is a combination of Chubb and Duke and actually better at it than both, especially with a quality QB running the show.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well. sorry.  We know that you are a completely unreliable source to ask.   Every depth chart out there still has Duke ahead of Hilliard.   And I believe that will remain the case until and unless  Duke is moved.

He simply has proven that he has more skills. His career production is vastly superior.   NOTHING that has happened recently has changed that.  Asking for a trade certainly does not.  If he were to be dropped on the depth chart, then his trade value would be diminished.

So...neither his capabilities nor his production put him behind Hilliard, and certainly for return value they would not list him behind Hilliard. 

Even If I am taking a nap...then you must be walking around in a stupor.

It apparently is too hard for you read between the lines then..

Folks, come on man..When your peers vote you has the 33rd top player in league..as a newbie..Who can argue?

1.Can the guy catch? sure he can.. Several things on the field jump out over Duke's skill set.. 2.Hunt blocks angry. run or pass block. 3. Hunt's huge advantage imo over Duke is a)Vision with juke speed, not slowing down. b) Hunt coils his body before impact & can take hits. Duke tends to leave his feet, causing weird collisions..4) The biggest factor is Can Dorsey still trust Hunt, off the field? On the field, it's a absolute steal for the price we paid at our own risk..Look who we play after week 8..Hunt will play a huge part on clinching any hopes..     

For those jones'zn for some football? 🏈 Browns at Ravens up next at 3PM on NFL Network..man we were bad early on defense..Robinson at LT ,fair early..out of gas late

6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You underestimate Hunt's real pass catching skills out of the backfield and the dual threat he presents on 3rd down. He is a combination of Chubb and Duke and actually better at it than both, especially with a quality QB running the show.

No, I don't.  I said he could likely handle it.  But I am saying that to this point, he has not proven to be as good of a 3rd down back as Duke. 

In his 1.5 seasons, Hunt has proven that yes, he can be a No.1 featured back.   But that is a different role. 

5 hours ago, nickers said:

It apparently is too hard for you read between the lines then..

I don't need to read between the lines....when the lines themselves are clear.    At this point....Duke is ahead of Hunt ..and Hilliard on the depth chart....and WILL remain their until and unless they decide to trade him.  Maybe they will trade him....thus elevating Hilliard. But, until/unless that happens...or until and unless Hunt comes back and proves himself (and he has a lot of proving to do) DUKE is the #2 guy behind Chubb.

Plain, simple, solid.   Freddie Kitchens and...??? forget the name of the OC, will decide that matter (or Dorsey if he trades them)  not you, not I, no one here.

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Folks, come on man..When your peers vote you has the 33rd top player in league..as a newbie..Who can argue?

1.Can the guy catch? sure he can.. Several things on the field jump out over Duke's skill set.. 2.Hunt blocks angry. run or pass block. 3. Hunt's huge advantage imo over Duke is a)Vision with juke speed, not slowing down. b) Hunt coils his body before impact & can take hits. Duke tends to leave his feet, causing weird collisions..4) The biggest factor is Can Dorsey still trust Hunt, off the field? On the field, it's a absolute steal for the price we paid at our own risk..Look who we play after week 8..Hunt will play a huge part on clinching any hopes..     

Again...different skills.  As I said, more comparable to Chubb.

What we could have...if we are lucky,  as I said elsewhere,  is a redux of Mack/Byner/Fontenot...    Here are the stats from that year:

34 Kevin Mack 24 FB 12 12 174 665 10 20 3.8 55.4 14.5 28 292 10.4 0 44 2.3 24.3 0.0%   202 4.7 957 10 6
33 Curtis Dickey 30 RB 14 10 135 523 6 47 3.9 37.4 9.6 10 78 7.8 0 12 0.7 5.6 0.0%   145 4.1 601 6 4
44 Earnest Byner 24 rb 7 7 94 277 2 37 2.9 39.6 13.4 37 328 8.9 2 40 5.3 46.9 0.0%   131 4.6 605 4 1
28 Herman Fontenot 23 rb 16 3 25 105 1 16 4.2 6.6 1.6 47 559 11.9 1 72 2.9 34.9 0.0%   72 9.2 664 2 2

Fontenot/(Duke)  Chubb (Mack) Hunt (Byner)  Hilliard (Dickey)

I could definitely see that.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I don't need to read between the lines....when the lines themselves are clear.    At this point....Duke is ahead of Hunt ..and Hilliard on the depth chart....and WILL remain their until and unless they decide to trade him.  Maybe they will trade him....thus elevating Hilliard. But, until/unless that happens...or until and unless Hunt comes back and proves himself (and he has a lot of proving to do) DUKE is the #2 guy behind Chubb.

Plain, simple, solid.   Freddie Kitchens and...??? forget the name of the OC, will decide that matter (or Dorsey if he trades them)  not you, not I, no one here.

All's well and good 'yer'on'er'... I've moved on from Duke,,, I suggest everyone else do the same...

• Thanks 1

am rewatching a juicy Browns at Ravens game, while Gip's orange sunglasses go brighter than mine 😎.. Nobody has argued your assessment of Hunt's similar playing skills to Chubb Gip, Butt.. Sadly :mad: (maybe madly is the better word) for what it's worth? (nothing but fan speak, btw)..my lucky 8 ball 🎱 says forget seeing Duke at camp..he won't be here opening week 1..Your above post^^^..the guys all wanted* to be here..Not Duke Johnson/clearly... (strike #1) Hue must have put the puss, in pussifcation in hard knocks with Duke sitting out practices? (I'll add.. not a good look when other mates are pushing for spots..hurt or not? am guessing Landry was not a big Duke fan at last years camp? Bottom line, (strike #2) Dorsey should not add on Freddie's coaching plate what Pettine dealt with in our past. A split lockerroom..Some backed Johnny.. others backed Hoyer..now, word on the street says Some back Duke/Some back Baker? in a behind the scenes word, that Duke clearly(with purpose) decided to put in the front picture window in Berra... it gets & was, a bit messy, as Pettine & Farmer stated on there way out the door..(strike #3) Dorsey has not said one ugly peep, since being called a liar by Duke. Even after JD paid Duke & after just adding Hyde & Chubb.. mainly cus, Dorse knows the ball is still in his front yard to kick around till he finds a willing trade partner..Duke's only leverage is the Browns will pay him guaranteed this season and well. Yea, it's not our money. but, only speaking as a browns fan.(cause that's what we all signed up to do here is fan speak). It's a damn shame, solely on Duke Johnson behave, that his behavior has turned into what we all saw on Duke's day 1.👎 Trust was given, both ways, the day Duke re-signed it..To later, call any GM a liar after doing their job,of adding better competition at your position..That's called contract 'Gold Digging'! imho.. taking a teams million, to not compete against (in your words)Mack, Byner and soon minus -Fontenot.. I see nothing wrong with keepin' the faith like Gip..I've just lost all the faith in Duke Johnson..           

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Fontenot/(Duke)  Chubb (Mack) Hunt (Byner)  Hilliard (Dickey)

I could definitely see that.

Four?  On the final roster?  

And Orson Charles?  

All's well and good 'yer'on'er'... I've moved on from Duke,,, I suggest everyone else do the same...

I'm with ya on this Nickers!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, gumby73 said:

am rewatching a juicy Browns at Ravens game, while Gip's orange sunglasses go brighter than mine 😎.. Nobody has argued your assessment of Hunt's similar playing skills to Chubb Gip, Butt.. Sadly :mad: (maybe madly is the better word) for what it's worth? (nothing but fan speak, btw)..my lucky 8 ball 🎱 says forget seeing Duke at camp..he won't be here opening week 1..Your above post^^^..the guys all wanted* to be here..Not Duke Johnson/clearly... (strike #1) Hue must have put the puss, in pussifcation in hard knocks with Duke sitting out practices? (I'll add.. not a good look when other mates are pushing for spots..hurt or not? am guessing Landry was not a big Duke fan at last years camp? Bottom line, (strike #2) Dorsey should not add on Freddie's coaching plate what Pettine dealt with in our past. A split lockerroom..Some backed Johnny.. others backed Hoyer..now, word on the street says Some back Duke/Some back Baker? in a behind the scenes word, that Duke clearly(with purpose) decided to put in the front picture window in Berra... it gets & was, a bit messy, as Pettine & Farmer stated on there way out the door..(strike #3) Dorsey has not said one ugly peep, since being called a liar by Duke. Even after JD paid Duke & after just adding Hyde & Chubb.. mainly cus, Dorse knows the ball is still in his front yard to kick around till he finds a willing trade partner..Duke's only leverage is the Browns will pay him guaranteed this season and well. Yea, it's not our money. but, only speaking as a browns fan.(cause that's what we all signed up to do here is fan speak). It's a damn shame, solely on Duke Johnson behave, that his behavior has turned into what we all saw on Duke's day 1.👎 Trust was given, both ways, the day Duke re-signed it..To later, call any GM a liar after doing their job,of adding better competition at your position..That's called contract 'Gold Digging'! imho.. taking a teams million, to not compete against (in your words)Mack, Byner and soon minus -Fontenot.. I see nothing wrong with keepin' the faith like Gip..I've just lost all the faith in Duke Johnson..           

My point is not that I’m putting that much faith into Johnson. It’s just that I am reading what the current facts are. The current facts are he is a member of this team and he has a role to play if he’s going to be here in the future. That role will be as the third down back up running back. If he’s gone he’s gone and Vaya con Dios but until that point I’m not going to disparage a member of this football team in case he just happens to stick around here a lot longer than you all think he will. 

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The 1986 team had four running backs on the roster Mack. Byner Fontenot and Dickey

Mack and Byner were both battling injuries and Curtis Dickey, who was at the end of his career, filled in.

That's one of the best arguments for keeping Duke, injury insurance.

Hilliard is a good receiver and can handle being the third back.

Ideally you keep Duke half the season and then trade him because, hopefully, it is another team that has injury problems and needs a veteran back,

Zombo

15 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Ideally you keep Duke half the season and then trade him because, hopefully, it is another team that has injury problems and needs a veteran back,

Zombo

However, there is always a good chance someone needs him from day one and with Hillard there, my bet would be on the trade to fulfill someone else's loss. Some counted on RB always goes down during preseason (or gets suspended). I'd take the bet for the trade before opening kickoff in Sept.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

However, there is always a good chance someone needs him from day one and with Hillard there, my bet would be on the trade to fulfill someone else's loss. Some counted on RB always goes down during preseason (or gets suspended). I'd take the bet for the trade before opening kickoff in Sept.

Why should we do other teams a favor by giving them a player that we can use for probably a sack of beans in return. 

14 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Why should we do other teams a favor by giving them a player that we can use for probably a sack of beans in return. 

Because we will end up dropping him for nothing otherwise. Better the beans than air.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Because we will end up dropping him for nothing otherwise. Better the beans than air.

No, we wouldn't.  If there were a time to trade him it would be more toward midseason, when other teams may have had their runners suffer injuries and they would be in desperate need for someone like Duke.  Or, maybe, some NFC team (do not trade him in the AFC) could see someone like that as a key component to them making the playoffs.  Then those other team would ante up even more for Duke than we could get for him now. .....

unless you think that right here, right now you are going to get like a 2d round draft pick for him