THE BROWNS BOARD

Duke Dumps his Agent

gumby73

4 minutes ago, Orion said:

The man wants out.  You pretty much HAVE to trade him for what you can get or you're going to have a mal-content on your team.

So what if you do?  Who cares? He can be malcontented all he wants. He is a paid professional and will have to do the job he is paid to do.  His happiness is not the issue...only his production is.  And if he is more productive, then the better for him if and when he hits free agency. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Orion said:

The man wants out.  You pretty much HAVE to trade him for what you can get or you're going to have a mal-content on your team.

25 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

So what if you do?  Who cares? He can be malcontented all he wants. He is a paid professional and will have to do the job he is paid to do.  His happiness is not the issue...only his production is.  And if he is more productive, then the better for him if and when he hits free agency. 

I'm with Orion on this. This Team has come a long way. We've come too far to have a divisive force on the Team.

Mike

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

It’s a shame that Duke can’t use the signing of Hunt for inspiration. A challenge. A reason to make himself better.   Instead he wants to run away. 

👍 I hear ya FFD..damm shame..I don't think moving the remaining money/contract with the player will become a issue..I just think Dorsey is holding on for that desperate RB injury phone call to drive up Duke's trade value.. imo, Dorse could hold all his Duke cards ♠️ till maybe preseason game 1 or 2.. Derrius Guice at redskins was not the only RB to go down early last season..but damn!! Will the real Duke Johnson please stand-up? go to the door with the John Dorsey sign & knock the doors down>> 

7 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

👍 I hear ya FFD..damm shame..I don't think moving the remaining money/contract with the player will become a issue..I just think Dorsey is holding on for that desperate RB injury phone call to drive up Duke's trade value.. imo, Dorse could hold all his Duke cards ♠️ till maybe preseason game 1 or 2.. Derrius Guice at redskins was not the only RB to go down early last season..but damn!! Will the real Duke Johnson please stand-up? go to the door with the John Dorsey sign & knock the doors down>> 

Stosh picked a RB that doesn’t want competition to be a starter. Go figure

2 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Stosh picked a RB that doesn’t want competition to be a starter. Go figure

Duke's new line for not competing is "Dorsey lied to him"... Your post "cuts threw the same fat"  proving your the better NFL agent :lol:...EDIT--after some google..It was Ray Farmer that drafted Duke in the 3rd rd. of the 2015 draft.. Ray was then fired in Jan. with Pettine in 2016..

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Duke's new line for not competing is "Dorsey lied to him"...

...my take on that:

Dorsey gave him a pay raise and told him that he was good, wanted, would be a contributor in a big way, yadda-yadda.    Then he drafts Chubb...but not to replace Duke but to replace Hyde.  So Duke's status really was unaffected by Chubb's addition......but all of a sudden, Hunt becomes available, whom Dorsey drafted, and knows how good he is.  It was like getting this really good RB just dropped in your lap.   There was no way Dorsey could foresee this when he was extending Duke's contract.   

A player's situation can change based on nothing more than crazy things happening.  

8 hours ago, gumby73 said:

multi reports are out there.. https://www.brownszone.com/2019/07/09/duke-johnson-dumps-agent/       me thinks, Duke may rep himself thru August & September? ..🤔

Um after said agent got you a pretty decent deal for a backup running back?  

Duke won't be a malcontent. Even though I don't really understand WHY he wants to be traded, the reports I read said he showed up and worked hard....so far. 

12 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Duke's new line for not competing is "Dorsey lied to him"... Your post "cuts threw the same fat"  proving your the better NFL agent :lol:...EDIT--after some google..It was Ray Farmer that drafted Duke in the 3rd rd. of the 2015 draft.. Ray was then fired in Jan. with Pettine in 2016..

Farmer picked him. Ok so that answers why he’s manzeling us 

here's the RB timeline from spotrac..1.) Hyde in 3-14-18//out 10-19-18... 2.) Chubb was drafted 4-28-18.. 3. Duke resigned*extension for 3 years on 6-7-18.. 4.) Hunt gets waived in KC 11-30-18// Hunt's a Brown on 2-11-19 for 1.1M 👀..  Fact is-- a.) Dorsey still paid Duke Well $*, after* Hyde & Chubb were both in place. b.) as for playing time? in 2017,Duke was 16th in all RB snap counts..In 2018, Duke was ranked 32nd in all RB snap counts. 14th* in RB Receiving.. c.) Duke has this huge chip on his shoulder that "He wants time to bond with his new team in training Camp" using Hyde as his failing example in Jacksonville, due to a late trade in year... imo, Each reason Duke has given, is crazier than the other. Since...  Duke has fired back at a reporter at a bowling alley, for miss quoting him. And now, fired his female agent with a loud mouth twitter husband..lmao,      Stay tuned 😎 

• Thanks 1

My hunch is, Duke REFUSES to be a wr/rb out of the backfield, anywhere. He imagines himself a power back, but he isn't.

And getting a very nice extension? He can't seriously claim being disrespected.

I don't believe he likes the competition, seems that he figures to play, he'll have to play as a wr option and he refuses to do that.

I wouldn't trade him until I'm darn good and ready to trade him.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/duke-johnson-16801/

Contract Notes:
  • $5.957M guaranteed (signing bonus + 2018 salary + 2018 roster bonus)
  • 2018 Roster Bonus: $2M
  • 2018 Workout Bonus: $10,000
  • 2019 salary fully guarantees on 3/15/2019
  • 2019-2021 Per Game Active Bonus: $25,000 ($400,000)
  • 2019-21 Workout Bonus: $100,000

What the...does he want? a trade? can he get his new team to give him another signing bonus? lol

If he really wants to be traded, then return the signing bonus, legally tear up the contract extension, then we'll talk.

Just my dumb opinion on it.

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

My hunch is, Duke REFUSES to be a wr/rb out of the backfield, anywhere. He imagines himself a power back, but he isn't.

I don't believe he likes the competition, seems that he figures to play, he'll have to play as a wr option and he refuses to do that.

Contract Notes:

What the...does he want? a trade? can he get his new team to give him another signing bonus? lol

If he really wants to be traded, then return the signing bonus, legally tear up the contract extension, then we'll talk.

If he doesn't like competition then , that tells you he's a soft mother fucker... We don't need soft mother fuckers on the team...

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Contract Notes:

Yeah- and if he gets traded- the team he's traded to will want to renegotiate his contract for 2020. Don't know why he doesn't show up in Spotrac's positional breakdown- but it looks like he's 15th in NFL running backs in guaranteed money. Even higher than that in average salary. (More than Mark Ingram, BTW and who would you rather have on your roster?) Cry all the way to the bank Duke.  

On 7/9/2019 at 5:12 PM, Orion said:

I’ve been a malcontent on my job off and on for 20 years 😂. That said I still do my job so I can get payed. Being in sales getting paid or not is on me. 

So true story on Dukes former agent. In section 138 where my season tickets were  a few seasons ago Kristin Campbell and her man sat next to me for a game. The man had coached Duke in some club ball and was quite a bit more vocal than his wife. They were clear though they felt he was under utilized and wanted to get him out to a team that would play him more. They absolutely hated Cleveland and made it clear the only reason they were there was to see Duke. Based on the conversations of that day I have to wonder if she wasn’t driving the wedge as opposed to Duke himself. 

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

He has hired Drew Rosenhaus

who didn't see this coming??:)..John Dorsey asked.."Does he now wear Brown & Orange"? too..

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jcam222 said:

That said I still do my job so I can get payed. Being in sales getting paid or not is on me. 

Good luck to ya!! I lived that life for 25 years in the flooring business.. being promoted & moved around enough I stepped out..at times, I do miss it & may fall back on it, since the retirement plan is now work till ya all fall out...My first job at 16 was so easy..Putt-Putt- watching hot babes, bend to get ball out of the hole :) Than scream at me "Hole in One" 

Eddie was on the Money .. 

• Upvote 1

with all the weapons we have on the team....i wonder if keeping hunt is the right call. I suspect thats why some of u are so adamant about keeping duke aroubd....xause of how many years josh burned us. But understand duke needs to look out for #1 first and foremost. He was already gonna be tge 2nd guy behind chubb...so i completely understand how dropping to 3rd on the depth chart isnt going to sit well with a guy who's proven he can produce. 

Frankly id have zero prob if the browns released hunt and went with chubb/duke. No hard feelings against hunt....im just saying im good with going with a guy who isnt suspended for 8 games.

if there was a sort of a gentlemans agreement thst if duke produces he stays at #2 even when hunt comes off suspension....but we all know thatbaint happenin. 

12 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

..i wonder if keeping hunt is the right call. 

PXlt.gif        v2V.gif     keeping Hunt is the right call..Duke already made his Call..

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

keeping Hunt is the right call..Duke already made his Call..

well yeah now it is....its too lste to go back to duke. Look Hunt may keep his ass clean and if he does so...dorsey looks golden grabbing him. If he doesnt, and we lost duke on thst gamble...not so much. I was as traumatized by josh as any browns fan.....so yeah im paranoid hunts a problem child. 

but heres hoping im completely fucking wrong. Cause i still think duke abd chub would still be the best backfield in the NFL. If duke was just a depth guy this would be a non issue.....but we all know he isnt. He's not a heavy lifter but pair him with one and u have urself a dangerous backfield

cleve, i refuse to jump up & down over losing a 3rd down back that was no better than Isaiah Crowell once out of 3 seasons..Yes, Duke makes a good pair with Chubb, But Duke yet again, can't beat out Chubb..RB's like CJ Anderson are always training to take Rams to Super bowls..Watch Duke chip a pass rusher than watch Hunt flatten his. Am just going to sit back & enjoy The Dorse pulling Duke's puppet strings as Rosie house, once again promises the world 🌎 to land his players 1 year deals..Crow knows & Pryor knows & Perriman knows.. This has now turned into a "do for me, like you did for Antonio Brown Mr. Drew" the steelqueers took a 5th rounder..Duke ain't AB and Dorse has a no give Duke away plan.. 🍿popcorn ready to add salt   

• Upvote 1

IF we trade him, even for a late rounder, the other team will most likely insist upon redoing his contract. If we cut him, good luck to he & Rosenhaus. After all, as Gumby noted, ol' Drew certainly got Pryor & Crow set for life, didn't he? LOL.

Keeping him, IMO, is no longer an option.

Mike

• Upvote 1

I suppose l’m just spitballing here, but with the agent change Duke really has an opportunity to change the narrative a bit. Sure, he likely still wants out, but he can take a different angle here. 

I’m sure Rosenhaus thinks he knows how to help players get what they want, and it’s reasonable to think the approach Duke was taking with his former agent wasn’t working, so safe bet that a different strategy is forthcoming.

Instead of standing there talking about “trade me because l don’t feel wanted”, it could be more along the lines of “looking forward to the opportunity to show the NFL what l can do”, which imo is a more win-win approach.

6 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I suppose l’m just spitballing here, but with the agent change Duke really has an opportunity to change the narrative a bit. Sure, he likely still wants out, but he can take a different angle here. 

I’m sure Rosenhaus thinks he knows how to help players get what they want, and it’s reasonable to think the approach Duke was taking with his former agent wasn’t working, so safe bet that a different strategy is forthcoming.

Instead of standing there talking about “trade me because l don’t feel wanted”, it could be more along the lines of “looking forward to the opportunity to show the NFL what l can do”, which imo is a more win-win approach.

Duke is a nice player to have on your roster.. But , does he get you over the hump?.. Nope!!