THE BROWNS BOARD

"alleged" youtube exec calls police on black guy while his kid begs him not to

This guy is a Princeton grad with an MBA from the University of California so he a very intelligent person yet he doesn't have the wisdom of his young son...and this is a good example of the difference between knowledge and wisdom. We have lots of people with lots of knowledge today, it is wisdom that is in short supply.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

This guy is a Princeton grad with an MBA from the University of California so he a very intelligent person yet he doesn't have the wisdom of his young son...and this is a good example of the difference between knowledge and wisdom. We have lots of people with lots of knowledge today, it is wisdom that is in short supply.

The kid desperately tried to save his dad from himself. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

They guy called the police on a suspicious person.  Whats the problem?  Black guy being an asshole about it also.

It's a double edged sword for sure. On one hand we are told to watch and report suspicious behavior but on the other hand if you are wrong like the white guy was there can be some bad consequences that come your way. I would have picked up right away the black guy was too eager to have the police called and was not acting suspicious but had a belligerent/indignant attitude about him that indicated to me he was being wrongly accused of something and rightfully resented it. 

19 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

They guy called the police on a suspicious person.  Whats the problem?  Black guy being an asshole about it also.

If some stranger in a friend's building was trying to give me an interrogation about my reason for being there and asking who I was going to see, I would ignore them or tell them to fuck off. 

i dont understand how someone on a sidewalk outside of the building was "suspicious". Ur allowed to wait outside of a building for someone. If he had tried to get in the building when someine else just buzzed in, than tenants have "every" right to question their presence. But this was outside....

when even obf gets it and yet still some people here feel free to normalize calling cops. Police are not peoples personal concierges. U call the police and bad shit can go down...and for what? 

dude just lost his job for nothin. When ur 8 yr old knows ur bullshittin....may need to take a step back and re examine ur shit

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

i dont understand how someone on a sidewalk outside of the building was "suspicious". Ur allowed to wait outside of a building for someone. If he had tried to get in the building when someine else just buzzed in, than tenants have "every" right to question their presence. But this was outside....

when even obf gets it and yet still some people here feel free to normalize calling cops. Police are not peoples personal concierges. U call the police and bad shit can go down...and for what? 

dude just lost his job for nothin. When ur 8 yr old knows ur bullshittin....may need to take a step back and re examine ur shit

On one hand I agree with you.

On the other, this isn't viral worthy as this happens everyday to people of all walks of life.

I'll use Woody's typical response here:

"I wish the video would have started 2 mins earlier."

The black guy apparently did nothing wrong, but then again I don't think I know based off that video if anybody did anything wrong.