THE BROWNS BOARD

shout out to our 'merican girls for winning the world cup.....

4 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

bullcrap. alt accounts are stupid - unless someone was permanently banned. The mods can tell an alt account by it's origination, I think.

whining about alt accounts is just a backhanded way of admitting you have no way of winning your ignorant anti-status quo at any cost stances.

True enough. And frankly if the administrators find out the any of the regulars here or just alternative screen names to other guys who regularly post I would suggest they be shitcanned.

WSS

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Oh it does, but I'm not going to expect an ignorant alt to follow that.

If Cleve wants to start this thread he can. It's not like anyone is making it so threads in the poli board have to be political. Even if I think its a little crude.... he's right about Dahlkemper for damn sure. Alex still being my favorite though.

He's right about Hope Solo too. Her face and everything when she plays is gorgeous... then... well...

I'm sure Cleve would be happy to hear that.  Btw is "sidekick" a position is soccer?

Most all sports are fun to play. I don't watch baseball, basketball, hockey, except on rare occasions during the playoffs... and avoid soccer like the plague,  but as a kid playing pick up games whether it be baseball, basketball, and even soccer...they were all fun to play.

It's not that soccer doesn't take skill.

What differentiates pro soccer from the others and why Americans think it sucks is that you can be brain dead dumb blonde and play the game.

Of all the sports I mentioned soccer is the only non cerebral game. There are next to no statistics, Americans like statistics. Its a huge part of sports talk.

Coaches are just spectators. Diagram plays? Defensive strategies? Americans expect those sorts of things out of pro sports. When you watch soccer you feel dumb. That's why soccer sucks.

21 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

The same exception I take for myself if the shoe doesn't fit no need to try it on. Quite a while ago I lumped you in with Woody and you took exception and I apologized. Right?

I don't think I've accused anyone of being a alt, have I? I've no recollection of you accusing anyone of being an alt? It's usually pretty obvious. The writing styles give it away. Especially with people who post volumes and we've come to know their rhythms and patterns. 

Actually a long time ago I thought bunker might have been at all.. but bunker was barely literate at his post almost monosyllabic so that would be an easy one to fake.

WSS

You've notaccused anyone of being an alt. But myself and Woody have differing opinions on a great many topics including pretty distinct posting styles. There are at least half dozen accounts I've seen floating on this board where that line is... Almost non existent.  Either alt or previously banned accounts.  Like I said, this board isn't even in the top 100 hits in Google for political chat.  So the likely hood of several posters with incredibly similar verbiage, styles, opinions and stripped down accounts posting in an oddly "newcomer" Time frame is too coincidence for my liking.  Sure, a small percentage says it's just weird timing.  But as a betting man I tend to play favorable odds more often than not.  Especially when these accounts hardly, if at all, frequent the Brownies convo.    Just too many similarities... 

Makes little difference either way.   Just more clutter for a board that doesn't need it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gorka said:

I'm sure Cleve would be happy to hear that.  Btw is "sidekick" a position is soccer?

Most all sports are fun to play. I don't watch baseball, basketball, hockey, except on rare occasions during the playoffs... and avoid soccer like the plague,  but as a kid playing pick up games whether it be baseball, basketball, and even soccer...they were all fun to play.

It's not that soccer doesn't take skill.

What differentiates pro soccer from the others and why Americans think it sucks is that you can be brain dead dumb blonde and play the game.

Of all the sports I mentioned soccer is the only non cerebral game. There are next to no statistics, Americans like statistics. Its a huge part of sports talk.

Coaches are just spectators. Diagram plays? Defensive strategies? Americans expect those sorts of things out of pro sports. When you watch soccer you feel dumb. That's why soccer sucks.

I mean, that isn't true. You "avoid it like the plague", so it makes sense you don't know what you're talking about. I'll just leave it at that, instead of engaging with an alt 

Too bad politics gets involved in sports. In any sport. It didn't used to be that way, at least not to the degree we see it now. I follow politics and like to talk politics much of the time but to me I like to see sports off limits to politics and all the focus just being on the sport itself.  I get enough politics already and sports is an escape from it. It was uncalled for Rapinoe to make her unsolicited comment about not going to the "blanking"  White House. Her comments only takes away from the team's victory as a victory for the whole country and was divisive IMO.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Too bad politics gets involved in sports. In any sport. It didn't used to be that way, at least not to the degree we see it now. I follow politics and like to talk politics much of the time but to me I like to see sports off limits to politics and all the focus just being on the sport itself.  I get enough politics already and sports is an escape from it. It was uncalled for Rapinoe to make her unsolicited comment about not going to the "blanking"  White House. Her comments only takes away from the team's victory as a victory for the whole country and was divisive IMO.

- She was asked if she'd be going to the White House. It wasn't unsolicited

- Her comments do nothing to take away from the victory

- Again, Trump acting like a petty child was still much worse

- Athletes should be able to use their platform as they see fit. No "shut up and dribble". Just because you don't like what they're saying doesn't mean they should be silenced. Now, that doesn't protect them from any consequences. 

- I'm sure you had no problem with Tebow being as Christian as possible at every opportunity. Or being in a Pro Life ad.

6 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

- She was asked if she'd be going to the White House. It wasn't unsolicited

- Her comments do nothing to take away from the victory

- Again, Trump acting like a petty child was still much worse

- Athletes should be able to use their platform as they see fit. No "shut up and dribble". Just because you don't like what they're saying doesn't mean they should be silenced. Now, that doesn't protect them from any consequences. 

- I'm sure you had no problem with Tebow being as Christian as possible at every opportunity. Or being in a Pro Life ad.

She could have simply said she wasn't going. I didn't think Trump's response was bad considering what she said. Should he have responded at all? Maybe not or he could have just said something like he was sorry she felt that way.  Trump has already sent out congratulations to the women's soccer team. 

- "Athletes should be able to use their platform as they see fit. No "shut up and dribble". Just because you don't like what they're saying doesn't mean they should be silenced. Now, that doesn't protect them from any consequences". 

OK I agree with that but if one wants to kneel during the national anthem they are doing it on company time so to speak and they can protest on their own time and their own dime..

the sucking sounds coming from the tv if fox was on and they were telling leftys how dare u insinuate a pro athlete like timmy should stick to.his sport......

or just anytime they were talking about tebow...

mouthfull.gif

17 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

the sucking sounds coming from the tv if fox was on and they were telling leftys how dare u insinuate a pro athlete like timmy should stick to.his sport......

or just anytime they were talking about tebow...

mouthfull.gif

Can you give me any instance comparable with what Teebow ever did or said with the soccer gal's comment about not going to the "blanking" White House? 

4 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I believe there are several alt accounts that frequent this board and the football side - the posting style supports said belief.   And since I'm not a leftist I presume my words carry a bit more weight when I chime in. 

Everyone that isn't far to the right is a leftist on here...

(I know you know that though)

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

She could have simply said she wasn't going. I didn't think Trump's response was bad considering what she said. Should he have responded at all? Maybe not or he could have just said something like he was sorry she felt that way.  Trump has already sent out congratulations to the women's soccer team. 

- "Athletes should be able to use their platform as they see fit. No "shut up and dribble". Just because you don't like what they're saying doesn't mean they should be silenced. Now, that doesn't protect them from any consequences". 

OK I agree with that but if one wants to kneel during the national anthem they are doing it on company time so to speak and they can protest on their own time and their own dime..

The NFL is a private group so they can enact rules as they see fit regarding kneeling. 

I think just having the mindset that is was ok Trump responded kind of shows how that has shifted since he took over. I personally think the president should be held to a higher standard.

obaMao was never held to any standard. the standard is extreme leftwing politically oriented.

Epstein not being prosecuted under a friendly deal with the obamao corrupt DOJ.

like higgardly never being prosecuted (I.e., for deleting 33,000 emails AFTER THEY WERE SUBPOENAED)

etc. etc etc

5 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

The NFL is a private group so they can enact rules as they see fit regarding kneeling.

And they should see fit who they put on their roster.

Somehow the leftist envision Kapperdick as the next Joe Montana and the NFL owners are just blackballing him.

They gave him a payday to just to go the fuck away.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

And they should see fit who they put on their roster.

Somehow the leftist envision Kapperdick as the next Joe Montana and the NFL owners are just blackballing him.

They gave him a payday to just to go the fuck away.

No one thinks he's Joe Montana (I don't think). But on skill alone he definitely could have been on an NFL roster. 

• Haha 1

Oh Christ. Now we've got all of conservative Trump Twitter ready to pounce on the women's National Soccer team

if it walks like a bitch, talks like a bitch, disrespects like a bitch...it's a woodpecker. No, wait, it's a bitch.

This is Connor Cook, who is from the Cleveland area...   Granted Archie isn't the same as the flag, but you get the idea that in these kinds of moments, it is a complete and utter whirlwind. 

Connor grew up idolizing Archie like many Ohio kids.  Later apologized and admitted he was caught up in the moment and wasn't thinking straight. 

Unless you've done it before or are somehow emotional less, you're just along for the ride.  Provided you've actually won something hard fought in your life. Especially as a team.  Good look, the girl that initially dropped the flag started picking it back up when she realized what happened. 

Highly doubt any girl on that team would sacrifice and work the way they do if they didn't have a love for this country and its people.     But my chatter might not fit narratives, so I can see the issue my words will bring.