THE BROWNS BOARD

Daughter Has A New Book

TexasAg1969

I've had some friends read mine - some quit after the first two chapters - it stopped being funny for a while...

a few friends loved it, want me to get it published, and my Wife and friends Mom read it, really liked it, except for highlighting my mistakes - like run on sentences, too much descriptions in certain places.

They were right. It's different when you write it, and then when you read it. LOL. I just wanted to get the adventure down officially.

On 12/12/2019 at 12:11 AM, calfoxwc said:

nah. Your daughter is amazing - I wish I could get my novel published. I'll figure it out, about how to decide it's ready, and where to try. You still hit my threads when I least expect it. Think about that next time.

Thank you for your comment on my daughter. I too will be a little bit more careful next time around.You have already figured out by now I'm a bit of a ham and a tease. But since you don't know me personally I can see why you might take it differently than what is meant. My friend whom I play RB with and retired Special forces is used to our give and  take on emails back and forth on Trump pros and cons, but we see each other several times a week and neither of us takes the jabs personally. We are far worse with one another than I am with you here. And he gets away with a lot worse with me too. That's one thing I hate about internet chat boards. You can't really know the other person on the other end. I do know we have  lot more in common than not, like the spiritual wonder of the outdoors, trips across America, love of country and military background. Too bad you're not a fine red wine drinker too. LOL!🍷😁

BTW I have a really good mystery novel  to recommend. It's an old one that takes place on the Navajo and adjacent Zuni reservation in NW New Mexico and goes in depth into their spiritual beliefs and ceremonies. It's Tony Hillerman's Dance Hall of the Dead. My son is now reading it since he spent two years as a teacher/coach in Zuni and my grandson attended preschool in Ramah on the Navajo reservation next door. I was familiar with all the locales from our visits out there. In fact I had a famous jewelry making Zuni woman make a ring for me that has the Zuni river falling through the Black Rock volcanic escarpment above Zuni with their sacred flattop mountain with turquoise and pearl sun rays coming over it's top with a 1/10 ounce real gold 2008 U.S. Buffalo coin in the center. It's set in a very heavy near pure silver antiqued ring. All I had to do was bring her the coin with a sketch of how I wanted it to look and within weeks she had completed the very intricate stone carvings and settings to make it come to life. The Zuni are known for their jewelry making abilities and this one is a perfect one of a kind. Zuni is a very special place and well worth a guide. We were lucky my son had Zuni friends to show us their community and take us to their sacred ceremonial dances as they explained what it was all about.

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

My daughter just got a box of her newest followup novel to The Rogue King entitled The Blood King, which will also be carried in Barnes & Noble.

She surprised me with a dedication in the front section:  "To Dad: Thanks for teaching us not to be afraid, that life is an adventure, and to be ready for anything." 

Very proud of her writing abilities and the courage to attempt novel writing. She went well beyond her own expectations with so many awards.😍

EDIT: Link to writing her awards won and up for currently. She writes under a pseudonym.

https://abigailowen.com/about-the-author/awards/

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, mjp28 said:

How cool !  Nice to be a recognized published author.

6 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Great!   

Her first novel takes place in Estes Park where I am now at my brother's home. She tried to get the local bookseller to carry it and they refused even though the setting 

was local. I'm going to print out all these awards and bring it to them and ask if they would like Barnes & Noble to continue to be her outlet or would they like to 

reconsider with her most recent award winner The Rogue King and the followup which she thinks is even better, The Blood King. 

'member what we used to say, "Paypack's a motherfucker!" LOL!😁

The winners of the annual Prism Awards were announced live tonight via facebook. The Prism Awards are an international book awards for fantasy writers  in English from all around the world. She had two up for it in one Category of Fantasy Dark Paranormal. She tied for 2nd place with her one called The Rogue King and actually won first place with The Rookie. Her second in the series with The Rogue King will be entered for next year's contest and she thinks it's even better. It is very difficult just to be a finalist, so to have two make it and take first and tie second place in that category is just unreal. Proud parents for sure.😍

EDIT: Last year her first in the series called The Boss won it in the same category and she was shocked that the second in the same series, The Rookie, won this year. She says she never expected that because it rarely happens. She thought her second place book had a better shot at winning since it is the first in a new series.

• 3 months later...

My daughter has had a book picked up for Kindle Italy. Not the same title or cover as the English version (Snowball's Christmas), but she's happy to get

one accepted in another country/language. They did all the translation and cover/title design. Snowball's Christmas is in Target stores nationwide or Amazon.

La magia del Natale (Italian Edition) by [Kristen McKanagh] 

41CYg-6R5tL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The book above has made it into Entertainment Weekly that you find in airports, grocery stores, etc. as #9 on their list of Holiday Romances to buy for Xmas.

https://ew.com/books/holiday-romance-roundup-gallery/

Also now in German and Chech. and selling very well in those countries.