THE BROWNS BOARD

Daughter Has A New Book

TexasAg1969

Published in paperback to be placed in Barnes & Noble and Wal-Mart stores nationwide (this is a big deal few authors ever get to experience).

The Rogue King: Inferno Rising by Abigail Owen which is a pseudonym, a.k.a. pen name, under which she publishes. 

Her book will be place in those stores beginning July 30 with a contract to produce at least two more of the series. She also has a short story that is being converted into a video game. More on that at a later date when we know when and how, etc.

Anyway get it for your wife. She'll love it. But be careful. They may want to go back to her first (Blue Violet) and buy up quite a number already published.😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

mythical/science fiction/fantasy. Pretty neat idea. I still have to figure out how to get my adventure novel copyrighted, and start on the second of the series.

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Is this a sci-fi novel?  Seems so by the name.  Or is it a romance novel.  In which case;;;;pffft'''''....:::

More like romance, shape shifter/mythical, mystery stuff. Women love it so buy it as a present. They'll think you understand women. LOL!😁

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

More like romance, shape shifter/mythical, mystery stuff. Women love it so buy it as a present. They'll think you understand women. LOL!😁

So, it would be a chick flick if made into a movie type of book, like Twilight or VAmpire Diaries.

Pass.

• 4 weeks later...

My wife and daughter found copies of her book in several Target, Wal-Mart and Barnes & Noble stores as they were stocking them in the Austin to Georgetown area on Tuesday. She has a book signing at the Arboretum Barnes & Noble scheduled for Sat. Aug. 10. Very exciting for someone who started out as a self-publisher with her first few books.

https://stores.barnesandnoble.com/event/9780062058031-0

EDIT: With early reviews from readers so far. https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-rogue-king-abigail-owen/1129241311?ean=9781640635319#/

Women love this stuff. Buy it as a gift for one you love.

49 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

My wife has never liked that sort of thing. Romance fantasies that genre. She likes your basic mysteries.

same here. and  fiction books with cats. Does this book have cats in it? lol

• 2 weeks later...

Wife and I are going to daughter's book signing at Austin Arboretum Barnes & Noble store this afternoon. I can only steal the computer in the middle of the night because my wife has absconded with it during daylight hours to edit her next novel just completed and being readied to send to the publisher.

• Haha 1

On 8/3/2019 at 11:49 PM, Kamalarry said:

Hey. Dont know where to post this, but I have a GU Golf Cart bag that I dont use anymore if anyone has an interest. Looking to get it to a Zag fan.

Hey rook get off my damn thread. Wanna get a birdie? Then buy yourself a 12 gauge for dove season next month.💥🤣

Oh and welcome to the Brownsboard.😁

On 7/4/2019 at 11:35 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

Wow all around 4 star reviews not bad for book #1.

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Wow all around 4 star reviews not bad for book #1.

She's written several others but this is the first to be picked up by a publisher and placed in national bookstore chains. And I was wrong about Target. It was B&N and Walmart.

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Hey rook get off my damn thread. Wanna get a birdie? Then buy yourself a 12 gauge for dove season next month.💥🤣

Oh and welcome to the Brownsboard.😁

Does she get her manuscript copyrighted before she sends it to the publisher? I assume she does...?

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

She's written several others but this is the first to be picked up by a publisher and placed in national bookstore chains. And I was wrong about Target. It was B&N and Walmart.

Ok but still book #1 that is in the main stream.... not bad. Sequel? Series?

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Ok but still book #1 that is in the main stream.... not bad. Sequel? Series?

That  is the first of 3 in a series and they are taking on another series of 3 with different characters.

9 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Does she get her manuscript copyrighted before she sends it to the publisher? I assume she does...?

She told me she copyrights everything she writes for publication, even the initial ones she self published.

• Upvote 1

BTW here are all the awards she has won thus far with her writing, likely the reason why she was picked up for national distribution.

https://abigailowen.com/about-the-author/awards/

She attributes it to the recognition of what she thought was her best before The Rogue King and The Boss, Andromeda's Fall.

The Boss (1st of that second series) just won first place in The Prism awards and she was invited to NY to accept the award. Andromeda's Fall won the same award in 2015. She's one heck of a writer. In my signed copy I bought yesterday of The Rogue King she wrote, "To Dad, who helps with my many personalities."😂 As the daughter of a counselor/psychologist she is very familiar with the concept of "Multiple Personality Disorder" in my diagnostic manuals.LOL! Like many an author she has successfully created "personalities" in all her fictional writing.

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

😂...........As the daughter of a counselor/psychologist she is very familiar with the concept of "Multiple Personality Disorder" in my diagnostic manuals.LOL! Like many an author she has successfully created "personalities" in all her fictional writing.

That would also come in handy on this board.   :lol:

BTW congratulations to her.

• 3 months later...
On 11/14/2019 at 7:53 PM, One Post said:

Very cool

Yes, she is. Thanks.

PS-And I taught her so well in skydiving that she exceeded my minor accomplishments by winning a 4 person relative work national competition in Denver one year. She's a Renaissance Woman. LOL! 😁

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/18/2019 at 11:03 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

Yes, she is. Thanks.

PS-And I taught her so well in skydiving that she exceeded my minor accomplishments by winning a 4 person relative work national competition in Denver one year. She's a Renaissance Woman. LOL! 😁

I hope you never write a recipe book - nobody wants your recipe for turd stew.

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

lol. About you jabbing me right in the middle of anywhere other places. "sorry" What goes around, comes around.

But I don't go through your family like you have done. Just reconsider next time around. I have no problem with you taking shots anywhere else. Feel free.

nah. Your daughter is amazing - I wish I could get my novel published. I'll figure it out, about how to decide it's ready, and where to try. You still hit my threads when I least expect it. Think about that next time.