THE BROWNS BOARD

Nike just PULLED American flag shoe because Kaepernick said it was OFFENSIVE

I hope a white nationalist group starts using woody's rainbow flag....

that would be racist....eh woodpecker?

West Virginia lawmaker compares LGBTQ community to the KKK ...

Feb 11, 2019 - “The LGBTQ [sic] is a modern day version of the Ku Klux Klan, without ... the LGBTQ community began “burning rainbow flags in people's yards, ...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

That completely missed the point but that's basically par for the course on the whole Kap thing.

If you don’t like something...leave.

That’s my point.

17 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

It sounds like some white nationalist groups took the Betsy Ross flag as a symbol for what they believe. While you may not think like them, and see nothing wrong with the flag, it seems it's been made into a racist symbol by some groups and I can understand why Kap and others don't like it. You just have to be able to see something from someone else's perspective...so...  Yeah who am I kidding

But where does this end is the question?  Are we to wait on CK's approval before we consume products?  It's such a bogus argument.  Some racist ran over people in Charlottesville, so is that brand of car a racist vehicle now?  You may think these are stupid questions until you enter the world of racist shoes.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

But where does this end is the question?  Are we to wait on CK's approval before we consume products?  It's such a bogus argument.  Some racist ran over people in Charlottesville, so is that brand of car a racist vehicle now?  You may think these are stupid questions until you enter the world of racist shoes.

Well you can say the free market will determine that. 

But you can try to make the slippery slope argument if you want. Racists haven't claimed a car brand. It seems racists are attempting to claim the Betsy Ross flag. 

You also still have many places to buy it if you like. Hell, there's probably online shops run by non conservatives pumping these things out right now to conservatives that think they're sticking it to Nike or something

8 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

It seems racists are attempting to claim the Betsy Ross flag. 

And a pathetic approach would be to let them have it and encourage others not to.  Unfortunately, Betsy is in no condition to defend her work.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

But you can try to make the slippery slope argument if you want. Racists haven't claimed a car brand. It seems racists are attempting to claim the Betsy Ross flag. 

You also still have many places to buy it if you like. Hell, there's probably online shops run by non conservatives pumping these things out right now to conservatives that think they're sticking it to Nike or something

I pity you.

When I was a kid, every gangbanger in the country wore Starter jackets and fancy sneakers.  For the longest the left was claiming that you can't assume that because someone is wearing these things that they are gangbangers.  

Well boys and girls and trannies.....we've come full circle.

46 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

that's true. That's why Nike loves this controversy so much. Conservatives adults Etc most normal people don't spend hundreds of dollars on sneakers because they're endorsed or approved of by a particular athlete. Normal people probably like shoes that are comfortable and sturdy and good-looking to them.

the fact of the matter is racist have claimed Nike shoes as their own now.

if New Balance still makes some of their shoes in the United States they should make a line of patriotic shoes.

Still people buy New Balance for the quality unlike the reason they are buying Nikes today.

.WSS

I buy Nike because of the quality, design, etc. Nothing to do with all of this political crap. 

That's the majority of people buying Nike, regardless of how you feel. 

There is an angry group of conservatives that weren't buying Nike before and still aren't. 

There's a group of liberals buying Nike because they think they're supporting Kap

Both of those groups are the minority. By far.

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I buy Nike because of the quality, design, etc. Nothing to do with all of this political crap. 

There is an angry group of conservatives that weren't buying Nike before and still aren't. 

There's a group of liberals buying Nike because they think they're supporting Kap

https://www.zazzle.com/downy_woodpecker_painting_original_bird_art_low_top_sneakers-256005280100184139

14 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You're out of touch.  

6 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I hope a white nationalist group starts using woody's rainbow flag....

that would be racist....eh woodpecker?

West Virginia lawmaker compares LGBTQ community to the KKK ...

Feb 11, 2019 - “The LGBTQ [sic] is a modern day version of the Ku Klux Klan, without ... the LGBTQ community began “burning rainbow flags in people's yards, ...

Really glad that blinded idiot fell into obscurity. 

5 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

So if, lets you say anybody bragging about how Nike stock took an upturn at the time of this POS signing with them, then what you're saying is that all of a sudden their quality jumped up?

WSS

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

....  but you guys are the ones that made the  thread about it and are bent out of shape?

Are you not just as big of a snowflake? You can't handle the "disrespect" of the old flag?

No, no, and no.

Snowflake: Began being used extensively as a putdown for someone, usually on the political left, who is easily offended or felt they needed a "safe space"

You needed a safe space when Trump was elected remember? Being "bent out of shape" is what happens to you when Cal pushes your buttons.

It's not a matter of being "easily offended" or "bent out of shape" over this flag thing.

Is it  a matter of being "easily offended" when someone disrespects your family, wife, kids?  No, it's not...no more than it is to be easily offended by someone disrespecting something that real Americans hold near and dear..their country and the flag it represents.

Put pictures of an American flag being burned next to a U of M flag being burned and let me know which one offends you more.

We are handling the disrespect of the old flag as it deserves be handled. No safe space needed.

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

FB_IMG_1562385810272.jpg

Take a flyin' fuc$ing leap Colon Kaepernick...📞 Can We help you? ☎️ 

🇺🇸 🦅