THE BROWNS BOARD

Nike just PULLED American flag shoe because Kaepernick said it was OFFENSIVE

The most un-American ex-NFL football player that I know of lived up to his reputation, forcing Nike to pull a shoe from production because it had a Betsy Ross verison of the American flag on it:

FOX NEWS – Just don’t do it.

That was the message ex-NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick delivered to Nike over the planned release of a USA-themed sneaker, which featured a Betsy Ross flag on the heel, according to a report.

Nike nixed the released of the Air Max 1 USA after having already sent the sneakers to retailers because the protesting quarterback said he felt the use of the Betsy Ross flag was offensive and carried slavery connotations, sources told The Wall Street Journal.

Citing people familiar with the matter, the Journal’s report stated: “After images of the shoe were posted online, Mr. Kaepernick, a Nike endorser, reached out to company officials saying that he and others felt the Betsy Ross flag is an offensive symbol because of its connection to an era of slavery.”

In response, a Nike spokeswoman told the Journal: “Nike has chosen not to release the Air Max 1 Quick Strike Fourth of July as it featured the old version of the American flag.”

The sneaker originally was slated to be released on Monday, and posts hyping its release said it would cost $140.

Kaepernick and Nike deserve each other. So honestly I don’t really even care because I’ll never buy a Nike shoe.

https://therightscoop.com/nike-just-pulled-american-flag-shoe-because-kaepernick-said-it-was-offensive/

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

you'd thing Nike would have done their homework and learned themselves that the ross flag is used by a couple white supremacist groups...and not have to be told by Kaepernick. 

Right.  Because we all move in lockstep with racists.  So anything they touch, they own?  Sounds empowering.

2 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Apparently it was too clevis 

one job dyke...one job in life and thsts making sure duplicate threads at the poly board are nuked in short order. So to be the offending duplicator......i mean wow.....just wow. 

😂

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

WALSH: We Were Told That Kaepernick Was Protesting Police Brutality, Not The Flag. Now The Truth Has Finally Come Out.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/49088/walsh-we-were-told-kaepernick-was-protesting-matt-walsh

Someone who clearly can't follow along but jumped at their juicy headline for clicks...

21 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

you'd thing Nike would have done their homework and learned themselves that the ross flag is used by a couple white supremacist groups...and not have to be told by Kaepernick. 

Reach much?. Even if true, which it's not, Nike had no obligation to do "homework" on who used the legitimate flag representing the 13 original colonies. Who used it is irrelevant knucklehead.

And if there was anything positive gained by Nike doing homework, they would have learned that the current Stars and Striped existed during the time of slavery as well. You know white supremacists use the Stars and Stripes too right?

Do yourself a favor and stop trying to rationalize shit that's beyond absurd to try and look smart,  it tends to backfire exposing yourself as being more stupid then you normally are.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Gorka said:

Reach much?. Even if true, which it's not, Nike had no obligation to do "homework" on who used the legitimate flag representing the 13 original colonies. Who used it is irrelevant knucklehead.

And if there was anything positive gained by Nike doing homework, they would have learned that the current Stars and Striped existed during the time of slavery as well. You know white supremacists use the Stars and Stripes too right?

Do yourself a favor and stop trying to rationalize shit that's beyond absurd to try and look smart,  it tends to backfire exposing yourself as being more stupid then you normally are.

its not a reach moron. Companies dont want to associate their brand witj undesireable shit, right? The ross flag in and of itself isnt offensive but neuther was the confederate flag until racist pos's like urself usurped it into the white nationalist movement. Perception often trumps reality. Companies in the free market have to often deal with perceptions that are often irrational. Like starbucks being "anti christmas".....stop trying to intellectually hang with me che. Dont think ill forget about that anytime soon numbnuts....😂

58 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Someone who clearly can't follow along but jumped at their juicy headline for clicks...

I follow along. Kaepernick said his kneeling protest was never against our flag but against police brutality (I guess it was just coincidental the kneeling was during the national anthem?)  right.... 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

“I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,” Kaepernick told NFL Mediaafter Friday’s game. 

**But we were all dutifully told that this kneeling  "protest" had nothing to do with not respecting the flag or the national anthem...

3 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

“I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,” Kaepernick told NFL Mediaafter Friday’s game. 

**But we were all dutifully told that this kneeling  "protest" had nothing to do with not respecting the flag or the national anthem...

Once again Trump was right about Kap!

• Upvote 2