THE BROWNS BOARD

Supplemental Draft: Jalen Thompson SS

htownbrown

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/29/report-washington-states-jalen-thompson-enters-supplemental-draft/amp/

He would have been one the best SS coming out this year.  Would not be surprised to see Dorsey go after this guy, since it is the weak point of the secondary with Peppers being shipped out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

for now, I'd label this under some lazy reporting..."It's unclear why Thompson is no longer eligible to play college football" Come on man!! it's soccer & golf season, while watching grass grow..do your homework & get paid to report the whole story..we have this thing called Email.. some doubt on adding another WR, but the other 3 players i may google up..

52 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

for now, I'd label this under some lazy reporting..."It's unclear why Thompson is no longer eligible to play college football" Come on man!! it's soccer & golf season, while watching grass grow..do your homework & get paid to report the whole story..we have this thing called Email.. some doubt on adding another WR, but the other 3 players i may google up..

Another site said he took a banned supplement and lost eligibility because of it, but no one knows which supplement.

• Thanks 1

Why care about this guy until and unless we get him?  At best it says he would be a 4th or 5th rounder if he were in the regular draft.  I doubt he would be a Bernie Kosar or Josh Gordon even...who we also got in the Supp. draft.  And he is from Washington State....big whoop de doo.

• Thanks 1

Jalen Thompson just seems smallish' (wingspan) ) to be playing either safety positions in the NFL,imo.. here's Thompsons pro day numbers from today.. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/08/jalen-thompson-works-out-for-26-teams/  has nothing to do with what ticks inside the player though..26 teams attended his pro day today in Cali.. Draft is this Wednesday..