THE BROWNS BOARD

Not related to anything in particular

Took a tour of Auschwitz while in Poland. My great Aunt Dot retired and moved back to Warsaw. She wanted to take a trip down to see Krakow and then Auschwitz.

It was very tough. Well worth it but definitely tough. A group with an Israeli flag was outside one of the buildings praying in Yiddish, and weeping. There are kids shoes and bundles of hair the Nazis used for textiles. A British guy covered in tatts broke down with two Muslim ladies when they got to the rail station. 

Glad that these places still exist as reminders for people to keep an eye out. I recommend going at least once. 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Took a tour of Auschwitz while in Poland. My great Aunt Dot retired and moved back to Warsaw. She wanted to take a trip down to see Krakow and then Auschwitz.

It was very tough. Well worth it but definitely tough. A group with an Israeli flag was outside one of the buildings praying in Yiddish, and weeping. There are kids shoes and bundles of hair the Nazis used for textiles. A British guy covered in tatts broke down with two Muslim ladies when they got to the rail station. 

Glad that these places still exist as reminders for people to keep an eye out. I recommend going at least once. 

I visited there many years ago.  Very thick feeling of evil permeates the place.  You can feel something horrible happened there.

• Upvote 1