THE BROWNS BOARD

President Trump, for eternity!

I've noticed a spate of commercials on the television urging elderly baby boomers to call up their representatives and say they don't want Medicare for all (baffling) and to urge them against a nuclear power bailout when nuclear energy is by far the cleanest and best solution - far greater than coal. 

"Nuclear energy has no place in a safe, clean, sustainable future. Nuclear energy is both expensive and dangerous, and just because nuclear pollution is invisible doesn't mean it's clean. Renewable energy is better for the environment, the economy, and doesn't come with the risk of a nuclear meltdown."

clean coal.  off shore drilling.  inshore drilling.   we can energy from about like we do.  they don't have as strict regulations like we have here.  let's depend on dirty non regulated energy!  we produce one off the least global warming effects in the world.  go to China or India for a quick breath of air.

7 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

cal is against nuclear now? u guys change with the wind smh

Not to speak for him but I think the issue is just bailing out an industry that seems to already be profitable.

As far as Medicare for all hey everybody loves free shit. There's a reason UPS and FedEx are more expensive than the post office...

WSS

2 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Cal gets his opinions given to him. He doesn't form them through actual knowledge of anything. 

what I posted was not my opinion, it was from a search on yahoo, you yayhoo. That is why I framed it in quotes. Would you like to learn about quotation marks?

" Used nuclear fuel is very hot and radioactive. Handling and storing it safely can be done as long as it is cooled and plant workers are shielded from the radiation it produces by a dense material like concrete or steel, or by a few metres of water. "

I could make the quotation marks bigger....would that help?

https://www.zdnet.com/article/what-france-plans-to-do-with-its-nuclear-waste/

Looking for a Trash Can: Nuclear waste management in the United ...

Sep 5, 2018 - Across the United States, nuclear waste is accumulating in poorly maintained piles. 90,000 metric .... Where do we go from here? While nuclear ...

5 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

You guys are high as kites. Nuclear is like zero emission. And it produces massive amounts of energy. You want to use fucking coal. 

Agreed about  the energy. What I worry about is  all the  spent  nuclear  fuel we're  accumulating. That stuff is  hot for something like  4,000 years. It will be  future  generations problem if it starts leaking out. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Agreed about  the energy. What I worry about is  all the  spent  nuclear  fuel we're  accumulating. That stuff is  hot for something like  4,000 years. It will be  future  generations problem if it starts leaking out. 

Oh come on the Next Generation need something to wring their hands about it will be the next doomsday scenario.

WSS

9 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

People billowing carbon into the sky are worried about future generations?

Come on. Surely you can't be serious. 

Seriously, how much carbon do cars spew into the air every day?

32 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Lots. I guess that means we should just say fuck it and roll everything back to 1950s levels of polluting. The world was better then. I mean haven't you even seen the Andy Griffith show?

No no no just keep pouring money into bloated, vindictive and inefficient shit like the EPA and the Paris Accord. We'll be fine.

WSS

• Haha 2

On 6/22/2019 at 4:09 PM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Yeah HBO did just air a miniseries on Chernobyl, didn't they? They also reiterated what's been known for 30 years. That absolute human arrogance and folly caused it. 

But yes, it was a terrible accident. But if we're weighing the health costs...

Screenshot_20190624-084328~2.png

china doesn't limit pollution. doesn't mean we don't. come on, now.

Smokestack scrubbers: How they work and why they are used

Oct 22, 2018 - Scrubbers have been found to be feasible technologies for ... The U.S. Energy Administration estimated that the fuel mix in 2010 was 45 ...

What Do Scrubbers Do in Smoke Stacks? - Sciencing

Jun 25, 2018 - Given the known health hazards from factory smokestack emissions, particularly ... One proven way of doing this is to install scrubbers in the emission system. ... Having written extensively on North American archaeology and ...
Missing: america ‎| ‎Must include: ‎america

Jan 9, 2018 - Devices used to control smoke stack emissions are part of a plan to .... to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, using venturi scrubbers .

we are still working on it. We don't need no steenking "paris accord"

Coal-fired power plants in the US are preparing to clean up emissions ...

Jan 30, 2016 - Coal-fired power plants in the US are working to comply with new ... You can see its smokestacks and hourglass shaped cooling towers from miles around. ... air ducts that will handle the exhaust for the new scrubber system.