THE BROWNS BOARD

We Must Reject LGBTQ Craziness Becoming America's Accepted Nor

16 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Former LGBT People Now Christians to Share Message of Jesus' Love in LA

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2018/october/former-lgbt-people-now-christians-to-share-message-of-jesus-love-in-la

I think the answers to those questions coming from those who came out of the homosexual lifestyle mean more than anything I could say.

Also did you watch the second video down? Haha

Liberace would say those “formerly gay” people made him seem straight. 

2 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

So no answer from you? 

You never really answered my initial question. If being gay is a choice, how did we know so early (earlier than we even knew what ‘gay’ was as kids) and all of us were raised the same but the rest of us ended up straight? Nothing in our childhood fostered being gay. My step brother just ended up being gay.

I don't know why you wouldn't want to hear from someone who was actually living a homosexual lifestyle and came out of it over someone who has not lived that lifestyle unless you are not getting the answer you want?  I never had those feelings for the same sex and these people have and they are telling you that being gay was a choice but you don't want to hear that.

12 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

OBF, did the story of Noah's Ark literally happen? Did the Earth flood for 40 days and nights? Were two of every species of animals put onto a boat that Noah and his family made?

Just let me know. You should have no trouble answering what you believe

9 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

You are predictable. You wouldn't be asking the question like that if you didn't have some follow up ready to pounce on so stop playing games and say what you really want to say and I will answer that..

I want to know your answer

19 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

You never really answered my initial question. If being gay is a choice, how did we know so early (earlier than we even knew what ‘gay’ was as kids) and all of us were raised the same but the rest of us ended up straight? Nothing in our childhood fostered being gay. My step brother just ended up being gay.

I don't know why you wouldn't want to hear from someone who was actually living a homosexual lifestyle and came out of it over someone who has not lived that lifestyle unless you are not getting the answer you want?  I never had those feelings for the same sex and these people have and they are telling you that being gay was a choice but you don't want to hear that.

Acting on being gay is certainly a choice. 

Sleeping with women is a choice too. 

I could choose to force myself to be celibate. I could choose to force myself to sleep with men. But that would be choosing not to be who I actually am. 

2 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

He won't answer because deep down he knows that it's impossible bullshit. Just like Jonah and the whale. Just like lots wife being turned into a pillar of salt. Just like any number of biblical horseshit. 

Or how impossible it was that God became a man and died on a cross for our sins...but He did. You may not believe it but that is your choice. I believe it.

I grew up with this guy named mike. He denied and denied it but we all knew, long before he would ever admit it, that he was the twinkiest twink in the county. I don't know why he'd choose to be gay in a community where there were three massive churches and no gay clubs and where the average intelligence level of the gay hatin' jocks was somewhere between a lizard and a small cancerous turd. I'm sure it really helped him fit in and feel accepted to be exceedingly gay. Really good for the ol' self esteem to be called a faggot and be shoulder checked into a locker 87 times a day. That makes perfect sense. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, The Cysko Kid said:

Yeah we do. But for you only you get to decide who gets to exercise theirs. Not homos because it makes you feel icky to think about what they're doing when you're sticking your nose in other people's business.

You are as wrong as can be. "Homos" have you ever seen me type that? No because I think of that as a slur. You have it all backwards. Christians care about the souls of people. I'm not pretending to be anything but a sinner myself who turned to the Lord. The gospel should never be forced on anyone. It is God's plan of salvation for those who accept it.

8 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I have always said homosexuality is a wrong sinful lifestyle. The big lie is equating this with racism. 

From the article:

Using their “born this way” lie, LGBTQ activists claim rejecting their lifestyle in any of its manifestations is bigotry, the same as rejecting me because I am black. This is nonsense. My DNA confirms that I was born black. But there is no homosexual gene. As I stated, daring to state this scientific truth is not permitted; igniting swift and intense retaliation on offenders. It blows my mind that we are not allowed to publicly state facts, common sense and truth. The LGBTQ enforcers demand that we embrace lies, evil and craziness. 

Sciencemag.org: Giant study links DNA variants to same-sex behavior - A study of hundreds of thousands of people uncovered four genetic variants that were more common in people who reported at least one instance of same-sex sexual behavior.

Is there a so-called "gay gene", as in a single gene that would turn an otherwise straight person gay? No, probably not. There is, however, growing evidence that points to genetic influences over sexual orientation. So, it would be wrong to say that there's no biological basis for homosexuality.

12 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

You cannot legislate morality and I don't want to try. People have the right to be whomever they choose in this country...

7 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Did you ever think that maybe if you left the homos alone to do their thing they might not have to be so aggressive about it?

7 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

No. They are already being left alone to do their thing. Their "thing" now is trying to force acceptance and penalize anyone who won't accept that forced acceptance. 

Just a reminder, OBF, homosexuals were, in many states, criminally liable for having intimate relations in the privacy of their own homes up until 2003, and it took the Supreme Court to overturn those laws. Those laws were written to legislate the morality of others and didn't allow them to be left alone to do their own thing.

And since you brought it up, Christians in this country have a rather extensive history of attempting to legislate the morality of their fellow citizens. Hell, a grassroots Christian-based initiative even allowed our Constitution to be changed to ban alcohol via the 18th Amendment, bringing all the joys of Prohibition along with it. Or, more recently, how about the political crusades of the Moral Majority?

1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

He won't answer because deep down he knows that it's impossible bullshit. Just like Jonah and the whale. Just like lots wife being turned into a pillar of salt. Just like any number of biblical horseshit. 

I think the correlation between the decreasing quality and scale of purported "miracles" coupled with humanity's steadily increasing scientific knowledge and understanding of our universe is pretty telling. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

Just a reminder, OBF, homosexuals were, in many states, criminally liable for having intimate relations in the privacy of their own homes up until 2003, and it took the Supreme Court to overturn those laws. Those laws were written to legislate the morality of others and didn't allow them to be left alone to do their own thing.

And since you brought it up, Christians in this country have a rather extensive history of attempting to legislate the morality of their fellow citizens. Hell, a grassroots Christian-based initiative even allowed our Constitution to be changed to ban alcohol via the 18th Amendment, bringing all the joys of Prohibition along with it. Or, more recently, how about the political crusades of the Moral Majority?

The moral majority. I never liked that name. There is a sense of being puffed up about it, a sense of arrogance and being better than others. Are Christians better than others? No. Are they better off than others? Yes but it was all gifted to us. We certainly didn't earn it because we were so good. 

Did laws making homosexuality criminal behavior stop or prevent homosexuality? No. Did laws banning alcohol stop people from drinking alcohol? No. Were Christians trying to legislate morality? Yes and it failed didn't it. I don't want laws trying to dictate behavior. I put myself voluntarily and with my own freewill under the teachings of the word of God. That was my choice and the best decision I ever made but I don't want my choice forced on others and the gospel is not ever presented as a forced message in the bible. 

"I think the correlation between the decreasing quality and scale of purported "miracles" coupled with humanity's steadily increasing scientific knowledge and understanding of our universe is pretty telling."

The bible is not a science book but right off the bat the bible nails that the universe had a beginning. This was never conventional wisdom as it has only been discovered  in more modern history that the universe was not eternal but had a beginning. Conventional wisdom for centuries was the universe was eternal. The idea that God will be replaced by science/scientific knowledge  is not a new concept as people over a hundred years ago were proclaiming God was dead because they felt at that time science had replaced God. Those people are now dead but God lives on. 

The bible is full of prophecies predicted and prophecies that came true.  We are living in a time where prophecy is being fulfilled right in front of our eyes but your eyes have to be opened to see it. 

6 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

A small group of re-closeted gays represent a minuscule portion of gay people. Additionally, I dare you to watch that video and tell me you think those people are straight now. They likely just use this as an excuse to meet up. 

6 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I grew up with this guy named mike. He denied and denied it but we all knew, long before he would ever admit it, that he was the twinkiest twink in the county. I don't know why he'd choose to be gay in a community where there were three massive churches and no gay clubs and where the average intelligence level of the gay hatin' jocks was somewhere between a lizard and a small cancerous turd. I'm sure it really helped him fit in and feel accepted to be exceedingly gay. Really good for the ol' self esteem to be called a faggot and be shoulder checked into a locker 87 times a day. That makes perfect sense. 

I didn’t expand on it this far but this all day. My step bro got the shit kicked out of him in the instances we couldn’t be around him to back him up. During all this, he denied being gay and went through his “I should go to church” phase of accepting being gay. He didn’t come out till he was 25 and we all got a phone call where we said “well yeah no shit”.

Another anecdote

My cousin Johnny oh, when we were kids are huge fans of The Beatles and playing in a little crappy band, used to do our hair. Showed ust how hairspray would keep the Beatles cut from getting messed up. We were 13 or 14 and had no idea and I don't suppose anybody even thought about it. Kind of lost touch with him after I finally moved away from Carrollton, but Johnny went on to be a reasonably successful hairdresser, so I heard, and regrettably died of AIDS.

WSS

15 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Another anecdote

My cousin Johnny oh, when we were kids are huge fans of The Beatles and playing in a little crappy band, used to do our hair. Showed ust how hairspray would keep the Beatles cut from getting messed up. We were 13 or 14 and had no idea and I don't suppose anybody even thought about it. Kind of lost touch with him after I finally moved away from Carrollton, but Johnny went on to be a reasonably successful hairdresser, so I heard, and regrettably died of AIDS.

WSS

RIP Johnny oh

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

A small group of re-closeted gays represent a minuscule portion of gay people. Additionally, I dare you to watch that video and tell me you think those people are straight now. They likely just use this as an excuse to meet up. 

Hopefully they all have accountabilibuddies

It's hard to grasp the idea that being gay is a choice. Who chooses to be ridiculed or harassed? Who chooses in many cases to be disowned by their own family? Who chooses to have death threats against themselves? Who chooses to go into hiding? These people are wired this way thru no fault of their own. Yeah the act is repulsive but they don't think so.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Gorka said:

It's hard to grasp the idea that being gay is a choice. Who chooses to be ridiculed or harassed? Who chooses in many cases to be disowned by their own family? Who chooses to have death threats against themselves? Who chooses to go into hiding? These people are wired this way thru no fault of their own. Yeah the act is repulsive but they don't think so.

I did not expect that out of you.