THE BROWNS BOARD

We Must Reject LGBTQ Craziness Becoming America's Accepted Nor

5 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

The belief that there is no science that says homosexuality is genetic, therefore I'm allowed to discriminate, is completely incorrect as well. 

We have found a lot of genetic links regarding homosexuality, and research says there's a clear link, but scientists can't say for certain that "X" causes homosexuality. Religious people then jump in and do what they normally do, taking this lack of certainty to mean we don't know anything. More "God of the gaps" nonsense. 

Scientists will actively admit when they don't know all of the answers, because they're constantly looking to learn more. Religious people act like an old book has all of the answers and the case is completely closed. They don't seem out more knowledge. So when science says it doesn't have all the answers these religious people say "see! So my view must be right!" even though it involves countless logical fallacies. Logical fallacies that their brains are wired to ignore. 

It's also especially hilarious someone can try to claim scientific evidence to support their view while also citing the Bible. These two things fundamentally do not mix. Mythical stories and passages do not pass the scientific method. 

"The belief that there is no science that says homosexuality is genetic, therefore I'm allowed to discriminate, is completely incorrect as well. "

Complete strawman argument nobody is making. 

There is no such thing as settled science, remember that with climate change.

There are many "Christian" scientists that completely demolishes your line of thinking.

Just now, OldBrownsFan said:

"The belief that there is no science that says homosexuality is genetic, therefore I'm allowed to discriminate, is completely incorrect as well. "

Complete strawman argument nobody is making. 

There is no such thing as settled science, remember that with climate change.

There are many "Christian" scientists that completely demolishes your line of thinking.

Yeah? There are? "Demolish"? Please show me. 

It 100% isn't a straw man argument. You're actively wanting to label certain people as sinners and condemn them for something they have no control over. That's discrimination. I don't care what your old book says. 

Don't talk to me about science when you think a man lived in a whale or that the Earth completely flooded....

Just now, MLD Woody said:

Yeah? There are? "Demolish"? Please show me. 

It 100% isn't a straw man argument. You're actively wanting to label certain people as sinners and condemn them for something they have no control over. That's discrimination. I don't care what your old book says. 

Don't talk to me about science when you think a man lived in a whale or that the Earth completely flooded....

List of Christians in science and technology

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christians_in_science_and_technology

Oh I thought you wanted to show me a Christian scientist that would "demolish" the notion that sexual orientation is linked to genetics.

I'm sure Christian scientists exist. I'm curious how many have the brain dead literal interpretation of the Bible. 

2 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Oh I thought you wanted to show me a Christian scientist that would "demolish" the notion that sexual orientation is linked to genetics.

I'm sure Christian scientists exist. I'm curious how many have the brain dead literal interpretation of the Bible. 

Silly woodpecker does not know how to peck wood - Mashable

May 17, 2016 - While on his walk home, a man caught the sad sight of this poor woodpecker who clearly has lost its way in life.

4 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

To believe in Jesus is to believe in a miracle so there are scientists who believe in miracles unlike yourself.

the woody school of fake science and fake genetics

https://www.theblaze.com/news/rachel-dolezal-pride-month-bisexual

Rachel Dolezal — former NAACP leader who identified as black but was outed as white — uses Pride Month to now claim she's bisexual

3 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Did you ever think that maybe if you left the homos alone to do their thing they might not have to be so aggressive about it?

No. They are already being left alone to do their thing. Their "thing" now is trying to force acceptance and penalize anyone who won't accept that forced acceptance. 

1 minute ago, OldBrownsFan said:

No. They are already being left alone to do their thing. Their "thing" now is trying to force acceptance and penalize anyone who won't accept that forced acceptance. 

Sorry, no. They've never been left alone to do their thing. They've been beaten up, dragged behind trucks, been the butt of jokes, ridiculed, treated as less than human for the entirety of my life. I can't imagine it was better for them in the "good old days" 

All I can equate it to in my own personal experience is the recent movement where everyone claims you have white privilege and should just shut the fuck up, whitey. Everytime someone says some dumb shit like that I want to rub it in their face a little more. 

Now take that x 1,000,000 and you'll kind of have an idea what it's like for gay people among the quasi puritans of this country. 

5 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Now that they have a little bit of clout they want to absolutely rub your face in it and I don't blame them one bit. 

i do because it will backfire, like with this new bullshit that men can race and destroy women in track...but otherwise ur 100% correct. The notion they were "left alone" can only come from a dilapidated old mind that time has not been kind to. Gays and lesbians havent been left alone since the OT.

Just now, The Cysko Kid said:

Sorry, no. They've never been left alone to do their thing. They've been beaten up, dragged behind trucks, been the butt of jokes, ridiculed, treated as less than human for the entirety of my life. I can't imagine it was better for them in the "good old days" 

All I can equate it to in my own personal experience is the recent movement where everyone claims you have white privilege and should just shut the fuck up, whitey. Everytime someone says some dumb shit like that I want to rub it in their face a little more. 

Now take that x 1,000,000 and you'll kind of have an idea what it's like for gay people among the quasi puritans of this country. 

Anyone can call themselves a Christian but that doesn't make it so. No real Christian would ever mistreat anyone because of being a homosexual. Love the sinner and hate the sin. Gay people have nothing to worry about with true Christians. On the other hand the bible condemns homosexuality the same way as it does adultery and sex outside of marriage. In a free country people should be able to be free to believe whatever they want. If you believe homosexuality is wrong and a sin  you should not be punished for that belief the same way if you believe homosexuality is A-OK you should not be punished for that either. Sometimes you can and should just disagree and leave it at that.

• Upvote 2

Even if "real Christians" don't drag them behind trucks being talked down to, called a sinner, and condescendingly having some bullshit from Leviticus quoted to you (as I've mentioned before the old "gay hatin'" testament isn't even Christianity except, conveniently, when it apparently is) is more than enough to want to give you the old dual fuck fingers. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Even if "real Christians" don't drag them behind trucks being talked down to, called a sinner, and condescendingly having some bullshit from Leviticus quoted to you (as I've mentioned before the old "gay hatin'" testament isn't even Christianity except, conveniently, when it apparently is) is more than enough to want to give you the old dual fuck fingers. 

The model for Christians should be Jesus Himself. The law commanded the woman caught in adultery be stoned and Jesus showed compassion and stopped the mob from stoning her. However when parting Jesus told the woman to "go and sin no more". Jesus never condoned her sin and called her adultery as being sin.  The bible shows no discrimination in calling out sin and sinners. We are all sinners per the bible.

2 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Yeah? What did Jesus say about the homos? His actual words.

Jesus never called out every specific sin and some use that as a reason that homosexuality is not a sin. However the Apostle Paul who was handpicked by Jesus Himself to take the gospel to the Gentiles does specifically call out homosexuality as a sin along with adultery and sex outside of marriage. 

3 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

i have a question....when someone tells u they knew from a young age they were artracted to the same sex or felt birn in the wrong body....and have evidence from their childhood backing up that claim....

From what young age? Then they are fucked up in the head. Sexually immature children don’t have sexual attractions you sick fuck.

I don't remember paulianity ever taking root. After Jesus was dead Paul could do whatever the hell he wanted, couldn't he? In any case some guy that's been dead for 2020 years now doesn't exactly have much sway to me and shouldn't to America either. 

I'd just as soon give the homos their say and "leave the Christians alone to do their thing" 

Preferably in the closet where it's not all "in my face"

32 minutes ago, Chemist said:

From what young age? Then they are fucked up in the head. Sexually immature children don’t have sexual attractions you sick fuck.

1) i was making the statement tjat also included people who knew from an early age they were in the wrong body. Reading comorehension u dumb fuck.

2) i was in 2nd grade when i started having thoughts about girls. So what is that 7-8 years old? 

4 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

This is your rebuttal? Seriously? 

First of all this isn't critics. It's critic. Singular. And liberals are over the top. That's not news. 

1 minute ago, The Cysko Kid said:

This is your rebuttal? Seriously? 

First of all this isn't critics. It's critic. Singular. And liberals are over the top. That's not news. 

This is not a rebuttal it is a post that goes along with the thread. 

It is not singular the article states there are other reviewers on Rotten Tomatoes that are similar. 

58 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I don't remember paulianity ever taking root. After Jesus was dead Paul could do whatever the hell he wanted, couldn't he? In any case some guy that's been dead for 2020 years now doesn't exactly have much sway to me and shouldn't to America either. 

I'd just as soon give the homos their say and "leave the Christians alone to do their thing" 

Preferably in the closet where it's not all "in my face"

This is a rebuttal:

The Pauline revelation has already taken root for thousands of years and is part and parcel of the New Covenant.

Good! He and Harry Potter can exchange Christmas cards with Odin and quezacotl. For thousands of years people have believed (and some amazingly still do) that the Earth is flat. Whatever you want to do is your business but I'll do my part to make sure that christians and Muslims and Jews (oh my) never ever get to dictate how I or anybody else lives their life. That includes the fairies. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

This is not a rebuttal it is a post that goes along with the thread. 

It is not singular the article states there are other reviewers on Rotten Tomatoes that are similar. 

Rotten tomatoes lets anyone that can figure out how to string together four misspelled words on the ol' Googlebox post reviews to it's site.