THE BROWNS BOARD

oh look what church people feel free to discuss on sunday mornings...

"The church Fritts leads operates out of a storefront in Knoxville. WATE attended a service on June 12 and reported 16 people attended."

sixteen people...sixteen people...sixteen people...sixteen people..sixteen people...sixteen people..Sixteen people.. and those sixteen people are likely including the wife, children and other family members and maybe a neighbor or two.

Not exactly mega church size here...

43 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

"The church Fritts leads operates out of a storefront in Knoxville. WATE attended a service on June 12 and reported 16 people attended."

sixteen people...sixteen people...sixteen people...sixteen people..sixteen people...sixteen people..Sixteen people.. and those sixteen people are likely including the wife, children and other family members and maybe a neighbor or two.

Not exactly mega church size here...

I couldn't help noticing that, instead of addressing the issue of a law enforcement officer calling for the legalized execution of homosexual citizens based SOLELY on biblical "authority", the first - and only - thing you decided to focus on was "well, there's only 16 people...".

Perhaps you're having trouble squaring the circle of your own religious beliefs with the fact that the Bible DOES in fact call for the summary execution of homosexuals?

1 minute ago, jbluhm86 said:

I couldn't help noticing that, instead of addressing the issue of a law enforcement officer calling for the legalized execution of homosexual citizens based SOLELY on biblical "authority", the first - and only - thing you decided to focus on was "well, there's only 16 people...".

Perhaps you're having trouble squaring the circle of your own religious beliefs with the fact that the Bible DOES in fact call for the summary execution of homosexuals?

The new covenant does not call for the execution of homosexuals. 

obf....u wouldnt be accusing me of blowing up a small sample size now would ya? taking a small groups actions and extrapolating them over a massive number of people....thats not what ur accusing me of right? cause those are fighting words here at the intellectually and rationally consistent browns board poly edition. Thats taking a glove and smacking one of us socratian poly board members right across their fat pie holes......

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

obf....u wouldnt be accusing me of blowing up a small sample size now would ya? taking a small groups actions and extrapolating them over a massive number of people....thats not what ur accusing me of right? cause those are fighting words here at the intellectually and rationally consistent browns board poly edition. Thats taking a glove and smacking one of us socratian poly board members right across their fat pie holes......

I'm not saying you are dolng something here like comparing all Christians to Westboro  Baptist Church because that would not be intellectually honest and you would never do that... just sayin 16 is a little on the skimpy side.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

The new covenant does not call for the execution of homosexuals. 

they refuse to admit that they won't learn the difference about the Old Testament and New Testament.

and they won't look up the word "supercede", either. (and yes, I have never liked the alternate more correct spelling "sede" is nonsense use in the word, whereas "cede" is accurate)

Once more, the New Testament renders the Old Testament LAWS obsolete. The Old Testament laws were impossible to keep. The point is, it is impossible for us to be perfect like God. Therefore, God created his only Son, to die for all our inherent imperfections, take them away....

sure, it's complicated - liberal haters go by emotions, and emotions take no time at all, and said liberal haters gloss over complex, rational, critical thinking required explanations. It conflicts with their emotional knee jerks.

• Upvote 1

sure sounds like the "biblical" jesus didnt think things were that complicated either.....

So first, here is Jesus speaking specifically on the topic of Old Testament teachings:

The Law Stands

“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” — Matthew 5:18-19
“It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid.” (Luke 16:17)
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.” (Matthew 5:17)
“Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law” (John7:19)

Keep in mind, this is Jesus Christ saying this–in the Bible that all Christians own and cherish. Don’t take my word for it; look it up–it’s all there.

So now that we understand that he fully supported what’s in the Old Testament, let’s take a look at what he actually just commanded us to uphold.

no, you don't know what you are talking about, thereby taking some passages OUT OF CONEXT. The Bible is complex,

you emotional knee jerk to get attention.

5 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

no, you don't know what you are talking about, thereby taking some passages OUT OF CONEXT. The Bible is complex,

you emotional knee jerk to get attention.

oh its out of context? well than elucidate this context u lazy ngr. When i catch people out behind the shed doin too much i give tge context they left out while the whip is crackin. 

18 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

What does the religion of peace have to say about homosexuals. . .    

8B0CB121-23B7-4F26-9AF5-82D81B78B3DF.png

1) u know the religion of peace is bssed on the old testsment right? u know the OT is part ofbthe koran right? yes ofc u did

2) what does islam hsve to do with this american combo sheriff/pastor  ngr? 

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

1) u know the religion of peace is bssed on the old testsment right? u know the OT is part ofbthe koran right? yes ofc u did

I think most people are aware of that, I mean it’s referenced countless times.

One would think that a religion that references the Torah would be more accommodating of the Jews.

2) what does islam hsve to do with this american combo sheriff/pastor  

Just showing that he’s not the only person(s)/religion(s) that aren’t accepting of the LGBTQR and sometimes Y lifestyle.

3 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I am aware that dipshits who hate gays or any other pet project will draw from the Old Testament but they cherry pick for their agenda. A story old as man.

I think that's all religions, tbh. It is pretty pronounced in the Christian variety in this country. The Old Testament is "the previous law" or "metaphor/not meant to be taken literally" when it doesn't fit the Christian narrative or presents reprehensible acts committed by God/in the name of God, but when it does fit their narrative, it suddenly matters.

Which brings me full circle on the reasoning why the government is/needs to remain a secular entity, which doesn't allow theistic beliefs to influence it. The pastor/police officer in question is an armed public official who believes that gays should be summarily executed, so who knows how he'd respond to an actual emergency/situation involving homosexuals. How can homosexual citizens feel safe around a police officer who wishes death upon them?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

What does the religion of peace have to say about homosexuals. . .    

Some Christians say/do reprehensible shit based on verses/teachings in the Bible = "They're not TRUE Christians"/"That was just the Old Testament, it doesn't count"/etc...

Some Muslims say/do reprehensible shit based on verses/teachings in the Koran = "Islam is a religion of hate"

I'm paraphrasing here a little, but that's pretty much the paradoxical thinking of many religious people in this country.

Crazy thought here, but how about NOT killing/persecuting/harassing homosexuals, because, idk, they're fellow human beings that deserve basic human decency? Even crazier, how about we can do these things WITHOUT having to be directed to do so by some mystical sky wizard?

3 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I am clearly not a believer. That said why  would Jesus need to die if he did indeed want the rules from the Old Testament to still be acknowledged? 

Because the creators of the Bible didn't do proper proof-reading before publishing, obviously. B)

• Haha 1