THE BROWNS BOARD

American national parks take down their mmgw signs. Stupid obaMao commie..

calfoxwc

13 hours ago, hoorta said:

Not saying pouring money into it is going to solve the problem. Until China (which has a far bigger carbon footprint than us) signs off- can't see any valid reason for the USA to start footing the bill. I will agree with Gorka on one point- even if the world magically went to zero emissions tomorrow, it would probably take decades for plants to use up the excess carbon dioxide that's floating around. 

I'll disagree with Cal- I've seen plenty of stuff showing global temperatures are rising- if only slightly. It's enough to cause that glacial retreating, and I'm waiting for the folks in D-Nile about it to start saying there's no basis in fact for the CO2 greenhouse effect either. Or the human race spewing megatons of greenhouse gas into the atmosphere has absolutely nothing to do with it. They may as well join the Flat Earth Society if that's what they think. 

Decades? How about centuries?. You don't have to agree with me. Just watch that vid.

How come we don't hear anything more about this hole in the O zone layer btw?

Oh, come on, Hoorta. You say you can find several? times more information to the opposite?

But you just won't bother? good, because a lot of it is contrived, manipulated to show UN mmgw fraud supporting, because

that tends to be where the money comes from. Or, did you not even watch the video? Methinks thine feet are all wet in Egypt.

5 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Here’s something to chew on, the global temperatures have been higher and lower with C02 levels that have been higher. Show me a correlation between higher temps and higher C02 levels...I’ll wait.

The proof that higher CO2 levels and the Greenhouse effect is real is found on our sister planet  Venus. If it had an Earthlike  atmosphere,  you could live at it's poles. With an atmosphere  that's almost 100% carbon dioxide and the Greenhouse  effect run amok, the surface temperature is hot enough to  melt lead.

PS I don't  have the time to waste to dig up data that some folks  on this forum aren't  going to  believe anyway. Or just attack the source where it came from. :)

9 minutes ago, hoorta said:

The proof that higher CO2 levels and the Greenhouse effect is real is found on our sister planet  Venus. If it had an Earthlike  atmosphere,  you could live at it's poles. With an atmosphere  that's almost 100% carbon dioxide and the Greenhouse  effect run amok, the surface temperature is hot enough to  melt lead.

PS I don't  have the time to waste to dig up data that some folks  on this forum aren't  going to  believe anyway. Or just attack the source where it came from. :)

I think most rational people can agree that CO2 in the atmosphere can have an effect on the climate. I think most rational people can admit that unless the emission levels are not only zero doubt but decreased then whatever problems are being caused will continue and get worse. And speaking of rational people I don't think any one could deny the effect of the chart I just posted.

Screenshot_20190614-115835_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, hoorta said:

And Mars has an atmosphere of 95.3% carbon dioxide...I wonder if that's why its so damned hot there? :) 

16 minutes ago, hoorta said:

and you think the weather on Venus ...was caused by people... gee, I'll have to go dig up that data.... LOL

Meanwhile, back at the ranch - https://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/09/12/a-look-at-carbon-dioxide-vs-global-temperature/

CONCLUSION

Focusing on the most recent hiatus below, both visually and in a 1st order linear regression analysis there clearly is effectively zero correlation between CO2 levels and global mean temperature.

clip_image008_thumb1.jpg

In “statistician speak” the correlation between CO2 and temperature is not significantly different than zero. Specifically for the period 1998-2014 (to date) the XY plot has an R squared of 0.0068. The AR5 climate sensitivity is 2-4.5oC for a doubling of CO2, with most like value of 3oC, whereas these data suggest a value more like 0.4 oC for a doubling of CO2 (which is indeed meaningless given the R squared).

clip_image010

2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Still waaay better than Bill Nye the fake scientist guy...at least in the vids you probably didn't watch real scientists were speaking.

The first guy is the co founder of Greenpeace. While his degree is in Forest Biology, which at least is something, I'm not sure how much he's ever actually been a scientist.

The second guy has been posted here countless times. Meteorology at MIT is again at least something, but this guy is very clearly pushing right wing views. Plenty have called him out on it.

And no, I'm not just taking Bill Nyes word for it. Christ. You can literally close your eyes and throw a rock at any legitimate scientific community or legitimately climatologists and they point to man-made climate change. 

This issue has become so politicized its crazy. People parading as experts to gain clout and funding from those on the right. This is a scientific issue and should be left to the actual experts. I can only hope all of those old folks stalling any meaningful change die out before it's too late to make a difference.

That's more time than I wanted to spend typing on this board. Respond as you will. I'm never getting anywhere with the "Well the Bible says" guy.... Or the guy that once called Trump a con man and now has Trump's dick lodged in his mouth.... Or any alts

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

And Mars has an atmosphere of 95.3% carbon dioxide...I wonder if that's why its so damned hot there? :) 

Or are you trying to be funny?  Growing up, being a professional Astronomer was something I seriously considered. Mars' maximum air density is the equivalent of the Earth's 21 miles up. Even if it was pure oxygen, you'd be dead within a minute. As us mountaineers know, average temperature goes down 4 degrees for every 1,000 feet you gain in elevation. I've seen pilots giving us temperature readouts at 35,000 feet that are way below zero.  It's also why- a little mountaineering trivia for you- the reason people have frozen to death near the top of Mount Everest- which is at the same latitude as Tampa Florida. 

But that was a digression on my part. The maximum temperature we've seen on Mars is 70 degrees- far warmer than it should be- exactly because of all that carbon dioxide. Nah- Greenhouse effect is a myth.  

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

The first guy is the co founder of Greenpeace. While his degree is in Forest Biology, which at least is something, I'm not sure how much he's ever actually been a scientist.

The second guy has been posted here countless times. Meteorology at MIT is again at least something, but this guy is very clearly pushing right wing views. Plenty have called him out on it.

And no, I'm not just taking Bill Nyes word for it. Christ. You can literally close your eyes and throw a rock at any legitimate scientific community or legitimately climatologists and they point to man-made climate change. 

This issue has become so politicized its crazy. People parading as experts to gain clout and funding from those on the left. This is a scientific issue and should be left to the actual experts. I can only hope all of those old folks stalling any meaningful change die out before it's too late to make a difference.

That's more time than I wanted to spend typing on this board. Respond as you will. I'm never getting anywhere with the "Well the Bible says" guy.... Or the guy that once called Trump a con man and now has Trump's dick lodged in his mouth.... Or any alts

One of the problems with all your "experts" is that they have cried wolf for so long and predicted things decades ago that never came to pass and now they have lost all credibility. This idea that climate change is settled science is not true. 

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/physicist-dont-fall-for-the-argument-about-settled-science

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

One of the problems with all your "experts" is that they have cried wolf for so long and predicted things decades ago that never came to pass and now they have lost all credibility. This idea that climate change is settled science is not true. 

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/physicist-dont-fall-for-the-argument-about-settled-science

Sigh

An article that gives examples of faulty "scientific consensus" before the scientific method even existed. Shocker. 

No legitimate scientist is calling for any legitimate disagreeing analysis to be shot down. But the majority are coming from fake experts, those from right wing think tanks, those paid for by oil companies, etc. They're deliberately politicized. That's not constructive. That's delaying necessary scientific changes by manipulating an already scientifically illiterate public. I know you and others on here blindly waving that party flag don't understand the difference

Here, I had a vision that Jesus told me climate change is real. Better?

7 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Sigh

An article that gives examples of faulty "scientific consensus" before the scientific method even existed. Shocker. 

No legitimate scientist is calling for any legitimate disagreeing analysis to be shot down. But the majority are coming from fake experts, those from right wing think tanks, those paid for by oil companies, etc. They're deliberately politicized. That's not constructive. That's delaying necessary scientific changes by manipulating an already scientifically illiterate public. I know you and others on here blindly waving that party flag don't understand the difference

Here, I had a vision that Jesus told me climate change is real. Better?

What visions did all your experts in the 70's have when they predicted all that doom and gloom that was certain to have come to pass way before the year 2019? When you lose credibility it is hard to get it back. 

38 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

What visions did all your experts in the 70's have when they predicted all that doom and gloom that was certain to have come to pass way before the year 2019? When you lose credibility it is hard to get it back. 

Hahaha coming from the "Bible is the literal word of God guy".... Oh man

Your problem is you group anyone that is on the "man made climate change is a real problem" train together. An opinion piece by someone that doesn't know what they're talking about and is trying to generate clicks is wrong so now EVERYONE on that side must be wrong. More of those broad strokes you and others like you on this board are famous for. 

You also love that "God of the gaps" argument so it's no surprise you'd bring something similar into this...

15 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Hahaha coming from the "Bible is the literal word of God guy".... Oh man

Your problem is you group anyone that is on the "man made climate change is a real problem" train together. An opinion piece by someone that doesn't know what they're talking about and is trying to generate clicks is wrong so now EVERYONE on that side must be wrong. More of those broad strokes you and others like you on this board are famous for. 

You also love that "God of the gaps" argument so it's no surprise you'd bring something similar into this...

LOL the bible has done a much better job in forecasting future events than your " climate experts" ever have:

AFTER 30 YEARS, ALARMISTS ARE STILL PREDICTING A GLOBAL WARMING ‘APOCALYPSE’

https://dailycaller.com/2017/11/25/after-30-years-alarmists-are-still-predicting-a-global-warming-apocalypse/

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Hahaha. Yes it's much easier to write about events after they happened...

Wrong-o again-o..The bible is full of prophecies that were predicted beforehand and have come true as well as some that are about to come.. 

In the old covenant they had a way of keeping false prophets and false prophecies to a bare minimum. All it took was one wrong prediction, one false prophesy and they would get the death penalty.

*** Deuteronomy 18:20 But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’ 21 And if you say in your heart, ‘How may we know the word that the LORD has not spoken?’ 22 when a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the LORD has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him. (Deut. 18:20-22)

Now for all the "seers"on the climate change side they would have been in a real predicament if they were held to the same standard. In fact it would be a real bloodbath with all their wrong forecasts about the future. Since there is no consequence for their false predictions they only go on to make more of them.

Fulfilled Prophecies and Other Evidence that the Bible is the Word of God

https://www.matthewmcgee.org/prophesy.html

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Or are you trying to be funny?  Growing up, being a professional Astronomer was something I seriously considered. Mars' maximum air density is the equivalent of the Earth's 21 miles up. Even if it was pure oxygen, you'd be dead within a minute. As us mountaineers know, average temperature goes down 4 degrees for every 1,000 feet you gain in elevation. I've seen pilots giving us temperature readouts at 35,000 feet that are way below zero.  It's also why- a little mountaineering trivia for you- the reason people have frozen to death near the top of Mount Everest- which is at the same latitude as Tampa Florida. 

But that was a digression on my part. The maximum temperature we've seen on Mars is 70 degrees- far warmer than it should be- exactly because of all that carbon dioxide. Nah- Greenhouse effect is a myth. 

I’m sure those greenhouse gasses meant a lot during the several ice ages in past.

695C19C1-A09D-40BF-B1F1-2E6129DC5448.jpeg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

I’m sure those greenhouse gasses meant a lot during the several ice ages in past.

695C19C1-A09D-40BF-B1F1-2E6129DC5448.jpeg

Gotta grasp at straws, huh? Fake news? Fake science.  Sorry that crap is at best a guess. AFAIK, dinosaurs and their amphibian ancestors didn't have accurate CO2 monitoring stations. Did Fagan have- sorry for the expletive-a fucking time machine? It's pretty much why I wont bother with you guys- it's damn easy to pull up unsubstantiated shit (& FWIW, I've had one of my papers published as a contributor) from some hack with an agenda that supports your POV.  Geeze Louise- this goober can say without fail he knows what the Earth's average temperature was 600,000 million years ago? Kindly get real. :D :D :D 

Cal's in D-Nile too. I'd rather go by what my eyes see and plain common sense. Oooohhh we got a multiple regression analysis that says there's not a correlation between CO2 and global warming. There's lies, damn lies, and then statistics. I'm smart enough to realize you can cook your finding on what data you want to use for the outcome. "If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit."  

Regarding the Ice age- PS for all we know that was due to a yet undiscovered  & unproven Chicxulub event- you know- the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs? More "Fake News"  Guess some guys just want to say- "well we really don't know for sure, so fuck all this stuff, I'll be dead anyway if it turns out badly. " 

I'm not a climate change denier (I'm a climate change agnostic) but trying to keep pollution in check is a good thing I support. What I cannot support is the panic driven hysteria from the left that we have to take drastic measures that will wreck our economy to "save the planet" that is is quickly going to be lost unless such drastic measures are taken immediately. The idea that humans are causing climate change is NOT settled science but common sense tells me that humans should work to make the environment as clean as possible regardless. There should be a happy medium here where we can all agree on and take common sense approaches to having  a cleaner environment.

Published on Mar 28, 2018

"So many scientists now question the scope of human-caused global warming, it's time for the public to calm down and deal with common sense issues - like treating waste water instead of dumping sewage and industrial waste into rivers or the ocean; putting emissions management on industrial plants - not spending trillions chasing carbon dioxide or putting up ineffective wind and solar farms. We must care for the planet - but let's put public money in the right place - not in the hands of green crony capitalists. Don't let your tax dollars be dragged under the Climate Catastrophe umbrella anymore. Demand cost-benefit accounting. When people want your agreement because they say it's a 'crisis' - check your wallet."

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Gotta grasp at straws, huh? Fake news? Fake science.  Sorry that crap is at best a guess. AFAIK, dinosaurs and their amphibian ancestors didn't have accurate CO2 monitoring stations. Did Fagan have- sorry for the expletive-a fucking time machine? It's pretty much why I wont bother with you guys- it's damn easy to pull up unsubstantiated shit (& FWIW, I've had one of my papers published as a contributor) from some hack with an agenda that supports your POV.  Geeze Louise- this goober can say without fail he knows what the Earth's average temperature was 600,000 million years ago? Kindly get real. :D :D :D 

Cal's in D-Nile too. I'd rather go by what my eyes see and plain common sense. Oooohhh we got a multiple regression analysis that says there's not a correlation between CO2 and global warming. There's lies, damn lies, and then statistics. I'm smart enough to realize you can cook your finding on what data you want to use for the outcome. "If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit."  

Regarding the Ice age- PS for all we know that was due to a yet undiscovered  & unproven Chicxulub event- you know- the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs? More "Fake News"  Guess some guys just want to say- "well we really don't know for sure, so fuck all this stuff, I'll be dead anyway if it turns out badly. " 

So you hang your hat on the same guys that claimed of the next coming ice age in the ‘60’s & ‘70’s?

I find it hilarious that these same people make outlandish claims that the polar ice caps will be melted by (insert year here), then we get to laugh when the claims were false.

One of the biggest problems today, are the scientists turned into politicians, and the politicians turned into scientists.

• Upvote 1

Hoorta, no need to be defensive - it's just a fact that the ice age(s) melted before there was ever one factory, before people ? while the earth's rain forests were 100% intact.

Every single time mmgw is brought up in the leftwing ranks, including all the way up to the UN - it has to do with

redistribution of wealth. In our America, it also has to do with voting for the dems/liberals/leftists, and manipulating Americans to allow themselves to be controlled at a stupid level.

Fines for campfires and cows farting? THAT is what you want to hang your hat on? Fees for having a non-white heat reflecting roof?

Driving a car anywhere? running any engine? Not having diapers on your chickens? Turning up your thermostat in winter to 72? Lowering your thermostat in summer to air condition to 70? the iist just goes on endlessly.

There are independents who do NOT want gov intrusion - I'm good with that - but they turn around and flippity flippity - and demand that gov squash society and all of us with fines/fees/taxes/regulations/bans on nearly anything.....

cows farting ? lol lol lol

really now.

• Upvote 1