THE BROWNS BOARD

Ocasio-Cortez wants to make it easier to study magic mushrooms, other psychedelic drugs

Vambo

I read a study where psilocibin was given to soldiers with severe ptsd just "one time" and it nearly reversed it or severely lessened their symptoms. I actuslly brought it up to a marine i met and he said he'd read the same study and was desperate to try it csuse the pharmaceutical bullshit fixed one thing but made something else way worse. 

Its the aame thing with weed....these natural substances were out here for a reason. They're not to be abused...but tgey are absolutely therapeutical. As someobe who's done magic mushrooms the right way..ie in a dark room in a meditative state, i get super irritated with our psychadelic culture that thinks tgese are party drugs. I also fasted for well over 24 hours when i did it.

I haveht done the big doses and frankly im not sure i ever will. What little i was exposed to told me that i wasnt mentally disciplined enough yet to handle the full information dump u get when u head to the other side. And u are on the other side if u do psychadelics right. If ur up and moving around or watching a movie like the littke snowflakes think is fun...ur gonna see some visuals, thsts it. Something cool might dawn on u...but u didnt "detach"...so ur always going to get partial info thst can often be badly misinterpreted by our waking minds. 

So good for Aoc...this stuff needs to be made available to soldiers. It rewires their brains back to normal. The nonstop release of combat fight or flight chemicals fucks with these guys brains....whenbthey come back their brains are still wired for combat. Psychadelics  reverse that. 

this is fun....

The story of Santa Claus is pretty odd when you think about it, from magic elves and flying reindeer to Santa's chimney use and his iconic red-and-white suit. According to one theory, many of these quirks come from muscimol mushrooms — or, more specifically, from Siberian shamans who distributed them centuries ago.

A. muscaria has long been valued in Siberia, where human consumption dates back to at least the 1600s. While some of that was likely recreational, Siberian shamans ingested the fungi "to commune with the spirit world," as anthropologist John Rush told LiveScience in 2013. The shamans also gave out shrooms as gifts in late December, he noted, often entering homes via the roof due to deep snow.

Santa Claus collecting mushroomsSanta's distinctive style has drawn comparisons to 17th-century Siberian shamans. (Illustration: Yumiyumi/Shutterstock)

"[T]hese practicing shamans or priests connected to the older traditions would collect Amanita muscaria, dry them and then give them as gifts on the winter solstice," Rush explained. "Because snow is usually blocking doors, there was an opening in the roof through which people entered and exited, thus the chimney story."

Those shamans also had a tradition of dressing up like A. muscaria, Rush added, wearing red suits with white spots. Their vision quests could be shared with spirit animals like reindeer, LiveScience points out, which live in Siberia and are known to eat hallucinogenic fungi. And there are other links, too, like Santa's Arctic home or his placement of gifts under trees (akin to how A. muscaria grows at the base of pines). Yet the Santa story is a blend of many influences over centuries, and mushrooms are only a speculative — albeit intriguing — source of Santa's magic.

amanitas are no magic mushrooms tho.....u take too much or take the wrong ones, bye bye. 

22 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

I read a study where psilocibin was given to soldiers with severe ptsd just "one time" and it nearly reversed it or severely lessened their symptoms. I actuslly brought it up to a marine i met and he said he'd read the same study and was desperate to try it csuse the pharmaceutical bullshit fixed one thing but made something else way worse. 

Its the aame thing with weed....these natural substances were out here for a reason. They're not to be abused...but tgey are absolutely therapeutical. As someobe who's done magic mushrooms the right way..ie in a dark room in a meditative state, i get super irritated with our psychadelic culture that thinks tgese are party drugs. I also fasted for well over 24 hours when i did it.

I haveht done the big doses and frankly im not sure i ever will. What little i was exposed to told me that i wasnt mentally disciplined enough yet to handle the full information dump u get when u head to the other side. And u are on the other side if u do psychadelics right. If ur up and moving around or watching a movie like the littke snowflakes think is fun...ur gonna see some visuals, thsts it. Something cool might dawn on u...but u didnt "detach"...so ur always going to get partial info thst can often be badly misinterpreted by our waking minds. 

So good for Aoc...this stuff needs to be made available to soldiers. It rewires their brains back to normal. The nonstop release of combat fight or flight chemicals fucks with these guys brains....whenbthey come back their brains are still wired for combat. Psychadelics  reverse that. 

Turn on, tune in, drop out...Dr. Cleve

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I don't ever use mushrooms but there really isn't a point to them being illegal if booze is perfectly legal. 

well booze is purely recreational...shrooms are being studied for their ability to repair neurons and give back neural plasticity to the elderly. In fact, I would make micro dosing regimens of shrooms mandatory for the old fart lords here. They've lost all kinds of plasticity. 

512x512bb.jpg

What Makes People on Shrooms Jump Off Buildings and Die?

Researchers are trying to understand why psychedelics make some people trip so hard they think they can fly.

Boy, 15, falls to his death from a third-floor balcony while high on LSD

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4334958/Boy-dies-falling-balcony-high-LSD.html

Ethan Rickman, 14, Dies After Taking Synthetic Drug ‘Acid’

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ethan-rickman-dies-dead-acid_n_4076860

No doubt that any drug capable of causing such a dramatic effect could quite possibly have a benefit for something. Remember the law of unexpected consequences like the over-prescription of terramycin what to Hannah biotic resistant bacteria but I guess there's always going to be that risk.

But in the real world just wait until somebody flips out and does something crazy the Warriors will be all over that like buzzards on a corpse.

WSS

The Real Story of JACOB’S LADDER: Government Drug Tests and “the Ladder”

http://www.the13thfloor.tv/2016/08/08/the-real-story-of-jacobs-ladder-government-drug-tests-and-the-ladder/

In 1990, movie audiences were captivated by director Adrian Lyne’s psychological horror film JACOB’S LADDER. The story of a Vietnam veteran whose combat experience left him suffering from flashbacks and strange hallucinations, the film put a spotlight on the American military’s use of chemical and biological weapons during the Vietnam War. In the film, they talk about a drug referred to as “the Ladder”, a powerful hallucinogen they believe the government was testing on them. Although only a movie, the premise behind the types of chemical warfare and drug tests discussed in the film isn’t all that far from truth, and “the Ladder” bears a striking resemblance to a real chemical weapon/drug known as BZ.

BZ, also known as 3-Quinuclidinyl Benzilate, is a what the military refers to as an incapacitating agent. A strong hallucinogen, BZ was designed to render combatants confused and lethargic, as well as cause severe, but temporary, memory loss. It was originally developed by a Swiss Pharmaceutical company as a possible ulcer treatment. The company quickly decided that it was unsuitable for ulcers due to excessive hallucinations.

Around this same time, the United States military began investigating BZ as a possible non-lethal psychoactive incapacitating agent. For years, the US military had been researching psychoactive, psychedelic, and dissociative drugs in search of the perfect weapon they could somehow administer to the enemy. At the Edgewood Arsenal Army facility in Edgewood, Maryland, there were several military research projects concerning the use recreational and pharmaceutical drugs. Others experiments focused around the use of THC, ketamine, phencyclidine, fentanyl and LSD, There was even a program focused on developing an LSD artillery shell that would rain the drug down on folks below. Though many of the drugs were tested on both civilian volunteers and the military alike, in the end, BZ was the only biological agent to be weaponized.

By 1964, the United States Military had begun building its stockpile of weaponized BZ. The drug was placed in cluster bombs and was designed to spray out as an aerosol when detonated. Although never used in actual combat, the US military held on to their supply of BZ bombs until it was destroyed in 1989. Then in 1998, the British Ministry of Defense accused Iraq of still having a stockpile of BZ.

A class-action lawsuit on the behalf of the military veteran test subjects was filed in 1990. In 2009, another lawsuit was filed by the veteran’s rights groups, Vietnam Veterans of America, along with eight Edgewood veterans and their families against the CIA, US Army, and various other government organizations. The lawsuit stated that US troops were used to test nerve gas, psycho-chemical drugs, and various other chemical and biological compounds. They also cited that the facility failed to secure informed consent and did not follow US and international law when it came to the use of human test subjects and that the facility had deliberately destroyed files documenting their illegal actions. In the end, the court granted a summarily adjudication in favor of the plaintiffs and vacated the trial.

It’s not hard to imagine these clandestine and often nefarious actions being conducted by a US government agency, considering up until the 1960s the powerful and dangerously carcinogenic insecticide DDT was sprayed regularly on military bases. Also, the deforestation compound Agent Orange was dropped repeatedly on Vietnam, sometimes directly on top of US troops. Decades later, the effects of this unfettered use can still be seen in the increased cases of cancer and birth defects in both the veterans and civilians exposed to both the chemicals usage and testing. Although at the end of the movie JACOB’S LADDER, (*SPOILER) the audience learns that Jacob may have died on the battlefield leaving some ambiguity over whether he was dosed with the test drug or not, the film does a great job bringing to light some of the frightening chemical and biological warfare tactics used during the Vietnam War.

16 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I don't ever use mushrooms but there really isn't a point to them being illegal if booze is perfectly legal. 

If you've never tried mushrooms the effect is almost exactly the same as LSD. Or mescaline except for the fact that almost all the mescaline sold in pill or capsule form is just LSD add filler.

WSS

I never once took anything. Never smoked pot. I did smoke a regular Winston cig in grade school once. My cousin and I were up some old guy's orchard apple tree, eating apples, and my cousin lit one up from his parents that he stole, and I took a big puff, gagged, and never smoked again.

I reckon that is why my views on politics are so keen and logical.....and my dance moves rock.giphy.gif