THE BROWNS BOARD

Colin Coward

Gunz41

Say what you will to diss Colin, but he makes more correct predictions than any sports talking head I know of. He DOES try to stir the pot, but who doesn't in that business? You have to if you want to keep on the air and get paid. And I believe Baker will prove to be a very good QB, but let's not act like he is perfect. You can easily see how he rubs some the wrong way.

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

Say what you will to diss Colin, but he makes more correct predictions than any sports talking head I know of. He DOES try to stir the pot, but who doesn't in that business? You have to if you want to keep on the air and get paid. And I believe Baker will prove to be a very good QB, but let's not act like he is perfect. You can easily see how he rubs some the wrong way.

Ah, but Baker doesn't PICK the fights, he retaliates & WINS them after he senses an attack!

Mike

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Ah, but Baker doesn't PICK the fights, he retaliates & WINS them after he senses an attack!

Mike

BINGO!    I don't see Baker starting the fights either Mike.  He just finishes them.  The kid's a winner! 

Just now, Flugel said:

BINGO!    I don't see Baker starting the fights either Mike.  He just finishes them.  The kid's a winner! 

That may be. But the whole crotch grabbing and all that, I'm just saying I understand he's not for everybody. But I can't wait to watch him play in 2019. 

2 hours ago, Icecube said:

That may be. But the whole crotch grabbing and all that, I'm just saying I understand he's not for everybody. But I can't wait to watch him play in 2019. 

Sure, Baker wears his emotions on his sleeve. Or would you rather have an expressionless robot Pat Shurmur type? Did some dumb stuff in the past, but from April of last year he's pretty much been a model citizen.  When asked what did you learn in college? Baker replied- "don't run from cops." :)  

PS- we had a Baker Basher here a few months ago that got a kiddie timeout from the Moderators for being so over the top having the POV only guys eligible for sainthood were good enough to play for the Browns. Though he's been eligible to come on back for quite a while, he hasn't been seen since.   

5 hours ago, Icecube said:

He isn't playing by the same rules. He switches from side to side and makes excuses for his incorrect picks.

What he does seem to do well is pick winner of regular season games.

I wont get into all his stuff with Baker again, but if you read back on here, or even go look at his Twitter it's easy to see

11 hours ago, Icecube said:

That's 50% of the story some people prefer to cling to. Not that 2 wrongs make a right; but the other 50% was the same guys he did that gesture to didn't shake his hand at the pre-game coin toss.  That's very disrespectful too - but which disrespectful act got more juice for Cowherd?  The one from the Heisman Trophy Winner he preferred to dwell on.

When a story broke that Baker visited a terminally ill little girl and later spoke at her funeral - guess who didn't want that getting any attention?  And when Baker and his fiance (at the time) delivered Christmas gifts to kids - guess who stays away from reporting these things?  Colin Cowherd.

If he's only going to report controversies while not reporting the things I mentioned - that tells me and others in here he's a hack with a shadey agenda. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

The kid shotgunned a beer at a Tribe game last night on camera. Watch for the shitstorm from the colon the cowerd

Thank God I was watching the 'Stros throw a 4 pitcher combined no hitter instead in a 9-0 win. Don't want to see any Browns player do that, especially our QB.🙀

2 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

The kid shotgunned a beer at a Tribe game last night on camera. Watch for the shitstorm from the colon the cowerd

Watch for people like you fall for it and get outraged, which is exactly what a hack like Cowherd wants.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Watch for people like you fall for it and get outraged, which is exactly what a hack like Cowherd wants.

Well, he probably  shouldn't have  done it, at least while the  camera was on him. But he's a  man of the  people.  Baker can tailgate with us anytime.  :)

Just now, hoorta said:

Well, he probably  shouldn't have  done it, at least while the  camera was on him. But he's a  man of the  people.  Baker can tailgate with us anytime.  :)

He did it precisely because the cameras are on him. He saw the camera shot of him and he did that on purpose for the camera. 

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

He did it precisely because the cameras are on him. He saw the camera shot of him and he did that on purpose for the camera. 

Well lets hope that's the end of his off season "swan song".😜

• Haha 1

Just now, Flugel said:

That's 50% of the story some people prefer to cling to. Not that 2 wrongs make a right; but the other 50% was the same guys he did that gesture to didn't shake his hand at the pre-game coin toss.  That's very disrespectful too - but which disrespectful act got more juice for Cowherd?  The one from the Heisman Trophy Winner he preferred to dwell on.

When a story broke that Baker visited a terminally ill little girl and later spoke at her funeral - guess who didn't want that getting any attention?  And when Baker and his fiance (at the time) delivered Christmas gifts to kids - guess who stays away from reporting these things?  Colin Cowherd.

If he's only going to report controversies while not reporting the things I mentioned - that tells me and others in here he's a hack with a shadey agenda. 

I know. It's called "ratings." Listeners/viewers don't tune in to hear about x-miss presents. His agenda is to have ratings, and he keeps his job and gets paid more. Baker can prove him wrong by winning and acting decent. I think he's well on his way. And, by the way, I did not agree with Colin on how Baker treated Hue after the Cinci game; I didn't think Bakes did anything wrong, and could have been even a little more unfriendly and not been out of line. Hue was a phony jackass and didn't deserve any respect from Bakes. He was perfectly justified in dissing the fraud, Hue. 

2 hours ago, Icecube said:

I know. It's called "ratings." Listeners/viewers don't tune in to hear about x-miss presents. His agenda is to have ratings, and he keeps his job and gets paid more.

Your point is if his show is about ratings and getting paid more it's okay to just report just the percentage of truth that paints Baker in a negative light. Do I need to be born in the new millennium to understand how wonderful this type of reporting is?  No thanks!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Aaron Rodgers did the same thing. No big deal here 

17 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I think you’re right on this. He knew.  Soooo, was he just having fun and blowing off steam with his new bride..... or... was it the equivalent of flipping the bird to the likes of tony, Mary, Colin , etc?

I say just having fun flipping off the mainstream media hacks. 

Who cares what Collin Cowturd says ever? He is still butt hurt Baker shut him down last year and then Bill Burr came on his show defending Baker and not taking Collins side made him even more hurt, I refused to watch his show since he had Baker on. If you want to watch a funny clip watch Baker with Kevin Hart on "Cold as Balls" made me lol many times 

8 hours ago, Flugel said:

Your point is if his show is about ratings and getting paid more it's okay to just report just the percentage of truth that paints Baker in a negative light. Do I need to be born in the new millennium to understand how wonderful this type of reporting is?  No thanks!

Nice straw man argument.