THE BROWNS BOARD

Colin Coward

Gunz41

2 hours ago, nickers said:

Ignoring is one great way... Another?.. WINNING! cures EVERYTHING!

EDIT:. I expect quite a bit of winning this year... 

You would think your other way would work (winning), but with these guys like Skip, Cowherd, Smith, etc it doesn't. They find some way to justify their incorrect takes, or find something meaningless to continue it.

Baker as the example with CC, from undraftable to well you didn't celebrate with your team 1 time in 3 years, to childish actions with Hue, to being overrated, to it now being a bad thing having a teammates back and having a different personality than Brady or Luck. He even says INTs don't matter to him, especially when talking about 1 of his boys, Darnold or Luck. After the BALT game, he threw INTs.

And while I dislike him, I really have nothing to really dislike with the actual game of LBJ. Its really how he is talked about, things that appear to happen behind the scenes, and in between whistles for me. But look at how Skip talks about him. He doesn't use the same criteria for his guys. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

Dutch,

The 2 folks I referred to, MKC & Grossi, CONTINUE their negative crap during these new, positive times & you're DEFENDING their continuing with the negative BS because of the past? Sad.

It's time to stop looking back & START looking ahead!

Mike

I've seen people bitch and moan about those two (and others who dare report how shitty this organization has been) during 2-14 seasons. 

I want specific instances of the "sad" negative crap they have written regarding these new and positive Browns that was completely baseless and unwarranted Mike. 

Because I've seen Grossi on STO's RedZone for years, and as much as some of you complain about him, he is almost giddy talking about the Browns when they actually win or make smart organizational moves - for someone so many people think loves to shit on the Browns just to shit on the Browns. Hoorta has mentioned this multiple times too. 

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Hopefully that era of futility is over, and the local media can report on the positive future. 

Dutch, i'd like to believe this..but go find the one local media presser with Kareem Hunt in Cleveland. I wanted to truly poke MKC square in both eyeballs👀.. just to save Hunt from doing it.I get he needed to face the music...But not "1" single positive question about playing football again?.From noOne?.Just the same 25 questions, asked differently, on the same video seen. And the guy's trying his hardest to get past it..I truly hope the media can move on from this ANd I bet Hunt can't wait to play in a meaningless pre-season game..(Than re-called back to cell #8, to hear it all over again) Call it deserved..but at some point, our media needs to take the lead on letting this Go!!   

• Thanks 2

You can only rag on people so much before they start to fire back..... This is the story MKC and TG are looking for... They don't give a rats ass if the Browns win or lose... They care more about whose clicking on their blog's....

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

I've seen people bitch and moan about those two (and others who dare report how shitty this organization has been) during 2-14 seasons. 

I want specific instances of the "sad" negative crap they have written regarding these new and positive Browns that was completely baseless and unwarranted Mike. 

Because I've seen Grossi on STO's RedZone for years, and as much as some of you complain about him, he is almost giddy talking about the Browns when they actually win or make smart organizational moves - for someone so many people think loves to shit on the Browns just to shit on the Browns. Hoorta has mentioned this multiple times too. 

What I wrote are my observations & opinions. I'll not defend them to anyone else. You & I obviously see Grossi differently & that's ok.

Have a nice day.

Mike

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

You would have to read the posts to understand what I meant. Yes, they always existed, as nothing but employees went with them to Bal, and I don't think they were saying different, but at that time Cleveland had no team per say so the point was that whether he deserved fired or not, Coward is saying that is how bad this Browns franchise is and pointing to that as one reason why, when in fact it was Baltimore by then.

Just think its funny no matter how you slice it that he has a tell when something stupid he says is disproved that he shuts up, and even with proof he digs in. That is how obsessed he is with his stupid Baker take/fued

Right agree it’s asinine the point to the firing of Bill Belichick as part of the reason why this franchise has sucked for so long. They were in active for three years after he was fired. The cause was poor management poor personnel selection not firing the Bill Belichick. like I said he may have been fired even if the team didn’t. 

14 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Right agree it’s asinine the point to the firing of Bill Belichick as part of the reason why this franchise has sucked for so long. They were in active for three years after he was fired. The cause was poor management poor personnel selection not firing the Bill Belichick. like I said he may have been fired even if the team didn’t. 

Someone brought up a good point the last time I saw that post. By Colin's logic, the Browns have 2 Super Bowl wins lol

22 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

I have never written a word on Twitter, just read

I don't have an account there either....  I may take a look at what Herd Boy is saying to dis the Browns. MHO is he's going to be eating crow all season and backtracking.  

20 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I agree, Grossi can be reasonable when he's on Red Zone, and he did own up that he was dead wrong about Baker. He's not the one to be concerned about anymore, because he likely has zero inside contacts. They could fire MKC for all I care...  

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

I don't have an account there either....  I may take a look at what Herd Boy is saying to dis the Browns. MHO is he's going to be eating crow all season and backtracking.  

I do have an account, but just read. I needed access for something else.

Sad part is it really won't be much of a backtrack. Just his MO. He will find something (just like the BB thing) to use. He will absolutely use a different set of rules to justify something (like playing off INTs for Darnold or Luck, but kill Mayfield).

I'll give you an example from this past year that has nothing to do with the Browns or any Cleveland team. He wasn't sold on Mahomes all year. In the playoffs, I guess he expected his wonder boy Luck to win. His premise  was that Luck was the real MVP. So he declared that the winner of the game should win MVP. Chiefs win, well MVP is a regular season award, and look at the difference when they weren't the starters and Colts are still a rebuilding team, therefore Luck MVP. So he did backtrack, but just to double down on the same thing. 

16 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

I do have an account, but just read. I needed access for something else.

Sad part is it really won't be much of a backtrack. Just his MO. He will find something (just like the BB thing) to use. He will absolutely use a different set of rules to justify something (like playing off INTs for Darnold or Luck, but kill Mayfield).

I'll give you an example from this past year that has nothing to do with the Browns or any Cleveland team. He wasn't sold on Mahomes all year. In the playoffs, I guess he expected his wonder boy Luck to win. His premise  was that Luck was the real MVP. So he declared that the winner of the game should win MVP. Chiefs win, well MVP is a regular season award, and look at the difference when they weren't the starters and Colts are still a rebuilding team, therefore Luck MVP. So he did backtrack, but just to double down on the same thing. 

I did read some of the Booger's tweets- and it's obvious his favorites can do no wrong. But if he doesn't like you- he's not going to let it go. Fer example, must be a Frontrunner Warriors fan. Only reason they're going to lose is "they wuz hurt". Tough s**t. I lost all respect for them after 'Bron and the boys beat them. Poker terminology- "I'll see your Irving and Love, and raise you a Durant".  

PS- why I have zero respect for Durant- flipping off the Thunder to get a cheap ring with the Warriors. 

PPS: EDIT: and now Cowpie will be all over the Warriors "Heroic Effort" in game 5. Hit that shot from the corner, and it's over Grover. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, hoorta said:

I did read some of the Booger's tweets- and it's obvious his favorites can do no wrong. But if he doesn't like you- he's not going to let it go. Fer example, must be a Frontrunner Warriors fan. Only reason they're going to lose is "they wuz hurt". Tough s**t. I lost all respect for them after 'Bron and the boys beat them. Poker terminology- "I'll see your Irving and Love, and raise you a Durant".  

PS- why I have zero respect for Durant- flipping off the Thunder to get a cheap ring with the Warriors. 

PPS: EDIT: and now Cowpie will be all over the Warriors "Heroic Effort" in game 5. Hit that shot from the corner, and it's over Grover. 

I have noticed that, but before recently he was against the Warriors in that way. He was on the Lebron train. So yea flip flops on some things. But the reason he is probably on this Warriors thing right now is because he was all in on Celtics winning it all. I tried to find it and couldn't, but after game 1 when they played Mil, he went on air going really hard. Then he wah wah wah his way through the rest of that series. I would definitely say from what I have seen he is way more on Lebron than the rest of NBA.

As for Durant, I feel really bad for him with the injury, but I don't care for him. Not as much as James for me, and I dislike Harden WAY more than either. But dislike him still. I would prefer Warriors win, but I don't dislike the Raptors at all. I am a Kobe guy, and there are a few guys in the league I like now, Curry, Thompson, Leonard. But the real reason I want Warriors is because of some of the talk about Steph and his "failures" in playoffs. I certainly wouldn't mind Toronto winning, and certainly Lakers as my team. If the Lakers had won though, I would want someone like Kuzma to be MVP, not LBJ haha.

It may seem like its strange the teams I like, but got to remember there is no pro team in my state. And it really just came like a lot of people passed down. So I got teams I like and players I like. And players I dislike and teams I dislike in some of those sports. 

18 hours ago, hoorta said:

I did read some of the Booger's tweets 

BMp5.gif   this homo won't matter either..just waiting on that plate of crow    

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2019 at 7:53 AM, nickers said:

We're giving this asshole way too much attention here...

I'm 51 and honestly had never even heard of the dude until Baker. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, D Bone said:

I'm 51 and honestly had never even heard of the dude until Baker. 

Cowie used to have a radio gig on ESPN. Where most of us originally got exposed to his obnoxiousness. He got fired there (LOL, he claims it's just his contract wasn't renewed) for I believe some racially insensitive remarks.  

I damn near was ready to do cartwheels when he wasn't on ESPN radio anymore. Too bad they gave one of the gigs to Steven A Smith, who in my book is a pretty close second on the ob-nox-o-meter. Steven A may grate on your nerves, but at least usually he keeps the commentary real. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, hoorta said:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000001035056/Myles-Garrett-shows-ABSURD-hops-in-weighted-box-jump-workout

You only need to watch the first minute or so. Jurassic Myles isn't human, part tyrannosaur.  

Yep, think he has to special order those shoes to hold 3 clawed toes each.🦖

• 2 weeks later...

He was saying we have the best duo at wr in the league...loaded at rb.

He is worried our O line wont be able to keep obj and everyone happy by giving baker enough time

3 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

He is worried our O line wont be able to keep obj and everyone happy by giving baker enough time

...and rightfully so.  That is also my main offensive concern.

I bet Dorsey will be watching the cuts that teams make, looking for OL help.....

On 6/25/2019 at 10:53 AM, nickers said:

We're giving this asshole way too much attention here...

True, hated to bump the thread, but reading the ESPN article in the other thread- here's Baker's opinion about you know who.  :) 

"When I want to stir the pot, I'll click to see what [Colin] Cowherd's said lately," he says. In April, after the Fox Sports radio host said his sources had told him that Beckham was unhappy about being traded to the Browns, Mayfield snapped at him on Twitter: "Come to Cleveland and ask O if he actually likes it." In April, he lashed out again when Cowherd listed some of Beckham's off-the-field incidents, calling the host a "clown."

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

So am not a big fan of sirius HOF radio guys (multiple reasons)..So i finally turned this 💩 on the other day.. Give this spin & tool about 10 minutes..

but of course he's still wrong with those predictions,imo..but at least we got'em   

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

So am not a big fan of sirius HOF radio guys (multiple reasons)..So i finally turned this 💩 on the other day.. Give this spin & tool about 10 minutes..

but of course he's still wrong with those predictions,imo..but at least we got'em   

To answer the question that appears here why are the browns favored over the Steelers? the answer is: talent 

55 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

To answer the question that appears here why are the browns favored over the Steelers? the answer is: talent 

We haven't seen Vag around here lately, but you (the Steelers) don't lose the #2 Antonio Brown, and #5 Le'veon Bell off the NFL's top 100 players list and expect you're going to pull talent like that out of your ass as replacement. Sure Bell didn't play, but Connor is no Bell.  Remains to be seen how good Ju-Ju is going to be now that Browns isn't around anymore drawing the other teams #1 CB. 

We're going to win because we've always won is so lame. Just like the departed Ghoolie predicting more suckage out of the Browns because they always sucked. As Ben goes, so go the Steelers. 

• Thanks 1