THE BROWNS BOARD

Colin Coward

Gunz41

I saw the thread about TEs and it just popped in my head, apparently Njoku is the best TE in the NFL 

He has gotten so far into this stuff with Baker that he is actually saying things like this so that when inevitably the Browns lose a game that he can do the I told you so about Baker.

The funniest yet though was saying he never said Baker was like JM, when the week before he did. He cowered when Baker was there.

So I guess things are looking up guys, the Browns now have the best TE in football. 

Oh, I know his persona. It just jumped out at me, not just one of best TEs, but I think his words were and probably the best TE. 

Figured everyone would like to hear that Browns have the best TE.

But I would be willing to bet that if he did his Top 10 TEs that he wouldn't be mentioned in Top 5. He seems to forget things he said in past to support that minutes agenda.

For another Cleveland guy, I distinctly remember him talking about LBJ. Now everyone knows I dislike him. But Colin was one of them James is so great, over the top, Bron can do no wrong guys. Last year in the middle of the series with Indiana 1st round, Cleveland had lost a game. He comes on with his hot take that the league has passed him by, he will never make a huge impact again, etc. Fast forward within the next couple weeks (I don't know how long), Bron is soooooooo great, arguably the best player of all time. 

5 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

Oh, I know his persona. It just jumped out at me, not just one of best TEs, but I think his words were and probably the best TE. 

Figured everyone would like to hear that Browns have the best TE.

But I would be willing to bet that if he did his Top 10 TEs that he wouldn't be mentioned in Top 5. He seems to forget things he said in past to support that minutes agenda.

For another Cleveland guy, I distinctly remember him talking about LBJ. Now everyone knows I dislike him. But Colin was one of them James is so great, over the top, Bron can do no wrong guys. Last year in the middle of the series with Indiana 1st round, Cleveland had lost a game. He comes on with his hot take that the league has passed him by, he will never make a huge impact again, etc. Fast forward within the next couple weeks (I don't know how long), Bron is soooooooo great, arguably the best player of all time. 

LBJ may eventually considered the GOAT, but watching all of the Raptors- Golden State series, it's pretty obvious he's currently not the best player in the NBA anymore. Father time is catching up with him. Yup, he'll pass Kobe in points next year, and barring a crippling injury, Kareem is in sight in total points. Getting into the top 10 in assists on top of that puts him in a category of one. 

Problem is- it's always been about LBJ. Lotsa luck 'Bron trying to recruit a guy like Davis or Leonard to play with ya with the Fakers. You're not catching Jordan in Championships. 

PS- Karma says Durant doesn't play and Thompson is crippled, fair turnaround for Curry and the All-Star crew when the Cavs were minus Love and Kyree when they lucked into a Championship.  

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

LBJ may eventually considered the GOAT, but watching all of the Raptors- Golden State series, it's pretty obvious he's currently not the best player in the NBA anymore. Father time is catching up with him. Yup, he'll pass Kobe in points next year, and barring a crippling injury, Kareem is in sight in total points. Getting into the top 10 in assists on top of that puts him in a category of one. 

Problem is- it's always been about LBJ. Lotsa luck 'Bron trying to recruit a guy like Davis or Leonard to play with ya with the Fakers. You're not catching Jordan in Championships. 

PS- Karma says Durant doesn't play and Thompson is crippled, fair turnaround for Curry and the All-Star crew when the Cavs were minus Love and Kyree when they lucked into a Championship.  

He's certainly the most valuable player in NBA history. Look at the cavs record pre and post LBJ each stint.  

The sheer number of minutes and games he's logged is incredible. Imagine if he was able to learn under Dean Smith and Phil Jackson,  or someone like poppovich 

Not the best scorer ever,  but I'd argue he's the best all around player in NBA history. He certainly lived up to the expectations. 

• Upvote 1

The guy lives for controversy, but praising Njoku makes a lot of sense, as it makes it easier for him to critizise Baker. The better the cast around him, the more you can blame him for anything going wrong.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SD_Tom said:

He's certainly the most valuable player in NBA history. Look at the cavs record pre and post LBJ each stint.  

The sheer number of minutes and games he's logged is incredible. Imagine if he was able to learn under Dean Smith and Phil Jackson,  or someone like poppovich 

Not the best scorer ever,  but I'd argue he's the best all around player in NBA history. He certainly lived up to the expectations. 

That really isn't up for debate anymore. Some Bulls fans will put Jordan ahead- but he was the best scorer. And he had as much help, if not more winning all those titles. 

And OT- thank God it looks like the Raptors are going to win the NBA title. Kicked the Warriors asses again on their home court. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

That really isn't up for debate anymore. Some Bulls fans will put Jordan ahead- but he was the best scorer. And he had as much help, if not more winning all those titles. 

And OT- thank God it looks like the Raptors are going to win the NBA title. Kicked the Warriors asses again on their home court. 

They're beating the Warriors lite. 2/3 less superstars. But I'm still glad they're winning 

1 hour ago, SD_Tom said:

They're beating the Warriors lite. 2/3 less superstars. But I'm still glad they're winning 

Cry me a river when the Cavs were without Love and Kyrie. 

35 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Cry me a river when the Cavs were without Love and Kyrie. 

I know what you mean. 

I think the Cavs championship is more impressive than any championship MJ or Kobe won. They literally beat the best team in the history of the NBA after a 3-1 deficit. Legendary performance under a rookie head coach.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

I know what you mean. 

I think the Cavs championship is more impressive than any championship MJ or Kobe won. They literally beat the best team in the history of the NBA after a 3-1 deficit. Legendary performance under a rookie head coach.  

Warriors are fortunate that the Cavs ran out of gas with about 7 healthy players in 2015, the same way the Cubs are lucky that the Indians ran out of gas in the 2016 World Series with roughly 2 healthy starting pitchers.

I'll just comment on the number of points and not quote anyone. 

What the Cavs and LBJ did to win was very impressive, and while I dislike Bron, and do like GS, really just Curry and Thompson (not my favorite team, but in a bit of a quandary since Bron is a Laker and that's my team), I don't consider them the best of all time. Maybe the most accomplished regular season of all time, but remember a couple years ago when ATL had the best record in the NBA? They weren't the best team that year. 

Cleveland won yes, but it could have went either way. That was with Love and Irving and without Draymond (who deserved it) and someone for 6 and 7. I think both those years that they were about as evenly matched as 2 teams could be. That's just my opinion on it.

The problem with the Warriors now is with the money they shelled out for KD and with age of guys who played bigger back then, that they have no bench now. That was a key to their winning. And Toronto is really good. Doesn't bother me 1 bit that they are going to win.

As for most valuable players ever, I think there are a few that can be considered. James isn't the only guy who left this Cavs team, and I think it was pretty obvious that they were tanking. And James was 28-27 this year with Lakers. If I had to give a definitive answer on MV ever, I probably would say LBJ, but not like it a wide margin. One thing that does knock him down to me is things around him. But certainly one of the best players ever. I don't even knock him for the 3-6 record. Even if he was playing in a weaker conference, that is impressive. The Jordan guys point out 6-0, well how about the other years he played and didn't make it? Those count too. But I certainly don't think his win in CLE is most impressive of all time.

As for Colin and Njoku, that was my point that he is trying to use it as an ah ha in the future. But he only thinks in the moment on a hot take. You can bet at some point in next year a Kelce, Kittle, etc will be called best. My point was the same thing could be accomplished with one of the best, but hey now Cle has the best TE

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Warriors are fortunate that the Cavs ran out of gas with about 7 healthy players in 2015, the same way the Cubs are lucky that the Indians ran out of gas in the 2016 World Series with roughly 2 healthy starting pitchers.

It’s sports, Next man up. The Cavs got “lucky” when Draymond got suspended and Andrew Bogut was out with injury. 

Indians and Cubs WS was great though. I yelled so loud when Rajai Davis hit that game 7 game tying home run.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, hoorta said:

I put no credence in the "he has more championships"  argument over who is the GOAT. Bill Russell and a 3-4 other Celtics have  11 titles...almost double Jordan's count.  Robert Horry had 7. If Magic and Bird hadn't gone at each others throats, they each may have had 6.  Michael Jordan and Kobe...who are basic clones of each other....both won all their titles under the tutelage of Phil Jackson, who should get more of the credit.   But, yes, I agree, everyone talks about how the Warriors may have lost the 2016 Finals because of injuries and suspensions of their players...but never mention that the Cavs were without both Kyrie and Love the previous year.   IMO, the Cavs were the better team those two years.  Of course, that changed when  Durant went to GS.  It looks like they won't get another ring this year....and that it is likely that Durant will be out of there....perhaps, and I am sorry Durant Durant, Steph Curry is the Big Dog on that team...and will be next year even if they lose and you stay.

2 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

It’s sports, Next man up. The Cavs got “lucky” when Draymond got suspended and Andrew Bogut was out with injury. 

Indians and Cubs WS was great though. I yelled so loud when Rajai Davis hit that game 7 game tying home run.

Warriors "got lucky" when  Kyrie and Love were hurt and out for that whole Final series....where it was 4-2. 

And I don't want to talk about  2016...or 1997.  When was the last time any team ever lost 2 World Series by going to extra innings in game 7 both times?  Never...only the Indians give the world that.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I put no credence in the "he has more championships"  argument over who is the GOAT. Bill Russell and a 3-4 other Celtics have  11 titles...almost double Jordan's count.  Robert Horry had 7. If Magic and Bird hadn't gone at each others throats, they each may have had 6.  Michael Jordan and Kobe...who are basic clones of each other....both won all their titles under the tutelage of Phil Jackson, who should get more of the credit.   But, yes, I agree, everyone talks about how the Warriors may have lost the 2016 Finals because of injuries and suspensions of their players...but never mention that the Cavs were without both Kyrie and Love the previous year.   IMO, the Cavs were the better team those two years.  Of course, that changed when  Durant went to GS.  It looks like they won't get another ring this year....and that it is likely that Durant will be out of there....perhaps, and I am sorry Durant Durant, Steph Curry is the Big Dog on that team...and will be next year even if they lose and you stay.

I certainly think that the Warriors benefited from those 2 being out, but I certainly hear more often that they were out over suspension and Bogut. Maybe they were the better team both those years, but I really saw no way to say that. There were obvious questions both years with the 2 things mentioned. And perhaps those could have changed either series, we will never know. But even the decisive game the 2nd time around was decided on 1 shot. 

I certainly don't agree with the opinion that I hear more often than either the Cavs injuries or suspension and injury with GS, the "Curry KNEW he couldn't beat James so he had to get the 2nd best player and give him the team." There was nothing I saw that would give me reason to think that a close series like that couldn't occur, and Cavs were minus Kyrie.

The one thing I will say with the Warriors now that doesn't get mentioned much is how the team changed because of KD, which is now showing big time. They have absolutely no bench that can be consistently relied upon. When KD is in there, it masks that problem. They can even compete (maybe not with Raptors), but take another one out, Klay and Curry has to do it all. People (no one here that I seen) can bring up the still has X number of All Stars, but that doesn't tell the story. Cousins is a shell of himself and has actually been a liability last 2 games, Iggy is just too old, and Draymond is really a system player and unreliable on offense. Just the same way James was by himself that 1st finals. I will say that Curry has some more help than James did, even if I hate to admit that. But James is also an easier player for that situation because he relies on isolation, while Curry relies on movement and space. And James is better.

Since I don't like him and hes on my favorite team, I think Lakers need to trade James to Toronto for Kawhi lol

Anyway, back to the original topic. I just saw on Twitter Colin still dissing the Browns. Go check it out. Saying this is franchise that fired BB. He continues to argue with people that he couldn't have been fired by the Ravens (it was already announced) because he was never an employee of the Ravens. So his argument is he was fired by the Browns WHO DIDN'T EXIST AT THE TIME. 

If you have ever seen his Twitter, once he is proven wrong or called out about something he shuts up. So this tells me he actually believes this HAHA

52 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Anyway, back to the original topic. I just saw on Twitter Colin still dissing the Browns. Go check it out. Saying this is franchise that fired BB. He continues to argue with people that he couldn't have been fired by the Ravens (it was already announced) because he was never an employee of the Ravens. So his argument is he was fired by the Browns WHO DIDN'T EXIST AT THE TIME. 

If you have ever seen his Twitter, once he is proven wrong or called out about something he shuts up. So this tells me he actually believes this HAHA

Well...the Browns certainly DID exist at the time....there has never been a point since 1945 that they did not exist.

But, from what I understand, BB WAS fired after the settlement had been reached that granted Baltimore a franchise, and granted Modell the ownership of that franchise, and granted an assignment of all contracts to the new Baltimore franchise....though it had not yet been named The Ravens.  I guess perhaps you would have to look deep into the details and the paperwork....but it is clear that Modell did not want BB as the HC of his new franchise. Maybe Modell  refused to assign the BB contract to the new team..which meant that BB was technically still an employee of the Browns....maybe. Though the Browns at that time had been placed on "inactive" status.  This all happened in the course of a couple of days, at most.  But, the most likely scenario is that he was fired after the ink was dry on the settlement, and maybe BB contract status was in limbo.  Whatever it was, he was free to pursue other opportunities. 

But hell....even if the "move" had not happened, BB may have deserved firing. He had 4 out of 5 losing seasons, although the last one came with extenuating circumstances. 

17 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well...the Browns certainly DID exist at the time....there has never been a point since 1945 that they did not exist.

But, from what I understand, BB WAS fired after the settlement had been reached that granted Baltimore a franchise, and granted Modell the ownership of that franchise, and granted an assignment of all contracts to the new Baltimore franchise....though it had not yet been named The Ravens.  I guess perhaps you would have to look deep into the details and the paperwork....but it is clear that Modell did not want BB as the HC of his new franchise. Maybe Modell  refused to assign the BB contract to the new team..which meant that BB was technically still an employee of the Browns....maybe. Though the Browns at that time had been placed on "inactive" status.  This all happened in the course of a couple of days, at most.  But, the most likely scenario is that he was fired after the ink was dry on the settlement, and maybe BB contract status was in limbo.  Whatever it was, he was free to pursue other opportunities. 

But hell....even if the "move" had not happened, BB may have deserved firing. He had 4 out of 5 losing seasons, although the last one came with extenuating circumstances. 

You would have to read the posts to understand what I meant. Yes, they always existed, as nothing but employees went with them to Bal, and I don't think they were saying different, but at that time Cleveland had no team per say so the point was that whether he deserved fired or not, Coward is saying that is how bad this Browns franchise is and pointing to that as one reason why, when in fact it was Baltimore by then.

Just think its funny no matter how you slice it that he has a tell when something stupid he says is disproved that he shuts up, and even with proof he digs in. That is how obsessed he is with his stupid Baker take/fued

8 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

You would have to read the posts to understand what I meant. Yes, they always existed, as nothing but employees went with them to Bal, and I don't think they were saying different, but at that time Cleveland had no team per say so the point was that whether he deserved fired or not, Coward is saying that is how bad this Browns franchise is and pointing to that as one reason why, when in fact it was Baltimore by then.

Just think its funny no matter how you slice it that he has a tell when something stupid he says is disproved that he shuts up, and even with proof he digs in. That is how obsessed he is with his stupid Baker take/fued

My simple advice.. "Don't feed the Troll"

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, nickers said:

Simple & to the point, thank you.

I think many on this Board would LOVE to see Cowherd, Grossi, & MKC go away. The only way that will happen is by ignoring them. PERIOD!

Mike

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

I think many on this Board would LOVE to see Cowherd, Grossi, & MKC go away. The only way that will happen is by ignoring them. PERIOD!

Mike

Ignoring is one great way... Another?.. WINNING! cures EVERYTHING!

EDIT:. I expect quite a bit of winning this year... 

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

Mike

Cowherd is a hack who only thrives because people like so many on this board get all riled up over his laughably obvious attempts to piss them off. 

Regarding the local press, how exactly should have this franchise been covered over the last two decades? They have had TWO winning seasons since coming back in 1999, one playoff appearance (an epic choke job to your biggest rival) and have lost roughly 2/3rds of their games. 

Reporting on this franchise in a positive light over all these years would have been ridiculously negligent to their readers. The Browns deserved all the negative press they got. You want someone to shove sunshine up your butt while the Browns flailed along helplessly? Watch Nathan Zegura. 

Hopefully that era of futility is over, and the local media can report on the positive future. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Cowherd is a hack who only thrives because people like so many on this board get all riled up over his laughably obvious attempts to piss them off. 

Regarding the local press, how exactly should have this franchise been covered over the last two decades? They have had TWO winning seasons since coming back in 1999, one playoff appearance (an epic choke job to your biggest rival) and have lost roughly 2/3rds of their games. 

Reporting on this franchise in a positive light over all these years would have been ridiculously negligent to their readers. The Browns deserved all the negative press they got. You want someone to shove sunshine up your butt while the Browns flailed along helplessly? Watch Nathan Zegura. 

Hopefully that era of futility is over, and the local media can report on the positive future. 

Dutch,

The 2 folks I referred to, MKC & Grossi, CONTINUE their negative crap during these new, positive times & you're DEFENDING their continuing with the negative BS because of the past? That's unfortunate as "now" is NOT the last 2 decades. It's a new time & a new culture.

It's time to stop looking back & START looking ahead!

Mike

2 hours ago, nickers said:

I have never written a word on Twitter, just read