THE BROWNS BOARD

Love it, or Shove It

The Gipper

Here are 10 statements.   Tell whether for each one if you Love It, or Shove It:

1.  Freddie Kitchens is extremely mad at OBJ for missing so much OTA time.

2. Duke Johnson will be traded before the start of the season

3. Baker Mayfield will win the NFL MVP award.

4. The Steelers will win the AFCN and be challengers to win the Super Bowl.

5.  Leveon Bell will come back to win the NFL rushing title.

6. Terrelle Pryor will prove to be a bust playing for the Jacksonville Jaguars

7. The NFL  will go to an 18 game season in the next few years.

8. The NBA and NHL playoffs extending until Mid June is fucking absurd.

9. Though they failed to make the playoffs, the Lakers deserve all the media attention they are getting.

10. You are happy that the Jeopardy guy, James Holzhauer lost and came just short of matching Ken Jennings all time money winning record.

Bonus.  It is true what Vagitron says...he is an extremely well liked contributor to this forum.

1.  Freddie Kitchens is extremely mad at OBJ for missing so much OTA time. Nah

2. Duke Johnson will be traded before the start of the season. Nah

3. Baker Mayfield will win the NFL MVP award. Longshot

4. The Steelers will win the AFCN and be challengers to win the Super Bowl. Nah

5.  Leveon Bell will come back to win the NFL rushing title. Nah

6. Terrelle Pryor will prove to be a bust playing for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Old pro finds him

7. The NFL  will go to an 18 game season in the next few years. Nah

8. The NBA and NHL playoffs extending until Mid June is fucking absurd. Already lost interest

9. Though they failed to make the playoffs, the Lakers deserve all the media attention they are getting. Who?

10. You are happy that the Jeopardy guy, James Holzhauer lost and came just short of matching Ken Jennings all time money winning record. Never cared either way

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Here are 10 statements.   Tell whether for each one if you Love It, or Shove It:

Shove it- He knows it's voluntary and now that he is here, he can utilize OBJ and get him up to speed.

Love it- Duke knows his days are numbered. I wouldn't be surprised if this happens late in the season..

Shove it- Baker will have a great season, but Mahomes, Luck, Brady, and Brees will end up with it. 

Love it- Steelers are our arch enemy, even though they have lost some talent, I feel they will edge us out. We sneak in with a wild card birth and take them out in the playoffs

Shove it- Nick Chubb will have something to say about that

Love it- Pryor hasn't done much and I think he's lost a step.. WIll be interesting to see though with Big Dick Nick throwing him the rock.

Shove it- If anything,  it will be 18 games TOTAL, minus 2 preseason games..

Love it- Nothing else to watch besides that and tennis

9. Though they failed to make the playoffs, the Lakers deserve all the media attention they are getting.

Shove it- The Lakers will be mediocre again next season unless they sign another big superstar

10. You are happy that the Jeopardy guy, James Holzhauer lost and came just short of matching Ken Jennings all time money winning record.

Love it- This guy has been incredible and to come within 60k of the mighty Ken Jennings, in half of the time, is incredible. Wish him great fortune and that he invests his money wisely.

1.  Freddie Kitchens is extremely mad at OBJ for missing so much OTA time. NO

2. Duke Johnson will be traded before the start of the season NO

3. Baker Mayfield will win the NFL MVP award. YES

4. The Steelers will win the AFCN and be challengers to win the Super Bowl. NO

5.  Leveon Bell will come back to win the NFL rushing title. NO

6. Terrelle Pryor will prove to be a bust playing for the Jacksonville Jaguars YES

7. The NFL  will go to an 18 game season in the next few years. NO

8. The NBA and NHL playoffs extending until Mid June is fucking absurd. NO

9. Though they failed to make the playoffs, the Lakers deserve all the media attention they are getting. YES

10. You are happy that the Jeopardy guy, James Holzhauer lost and came just short of matching Ken Jennings all time money winning record. YES

Bonus.  It is true what Vagitron says...he is an extremely well liked contributor to this forum. NO

• Haha 1

Shove it. No one cares.

2. Duke Johnson will be traded before the start of the season.

Love it. Hilliard can fill space until Hunt can play and I'd prefer the asset to a guy who doesn't want to be here.

Shove it. Sophomore season. Give him a year or two.

Hahaha... Shove it. Team couldn't make the playoffs last year and won't be better this season. Go ahead and sleep on this loser team.

Shove it. Won't make it through half the year without getting hurt.

6. Terrelle Pryor will prove to be a bust playing for the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Love it. He's useless.

Shove it. Not gonna happen.

Love it. Good lord is it ridiculous to see hockey ending in the summer. These seasons last too long.

Love it. They have the biggest superstar of this era and rumours galore. Don't care for them but they will be interesting to keep an eye on.

Shove it. Can't feel emotionally one way or the other about something you've just made me aware of and that I don't care about.

Bonus.  It is true what Vagitron says...he is an extremely well liked contributor to this forum.

Vagitron? Hahaha... Shove it. His ridiculous takes are funny to rip into though.

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

1.  Freddie Kitchens is extremely mad at OBJ for missing so much OTA time.  Shove it

2. Duke Johnson will be traded before the start of the season  Love it

3. Baker Mayfield will win the NFL MVP award.  Shove it

4. The Steelers will win the AFCN and be challengers to win the Super Bowl.  Shove it

5.  Leveon Bell will come back to win the NFL rushing title.  Shove it

6. Terrelle Pryor will prove to be a bust playing for the Jacksonville Jaguars  Love it

7. The NFL  will go to an 18 game season in the next few years.  Love it

8. The NBA and NHL playoffs extending until Mid June is fucking absurd.  Shove it

9. Though they failed to make the playoffs, the Lakers deserve all the media attention they are getting.  Shove it

10. You are happy that the Jeopardy guy, James Holzhauer lost and came just short of matching Ken Jennings all time money winning record.  Shove it

Bonus.  It is true what Vagitron says...he is an extremely well liked contributor to this forum.  Love it

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

1.  Freddie Kitchens is extremely mad at OBJ for missing so much OTA time. NO

2. Duke Johnson will be traded before the start of the season   NO, BUT AT THE TRADE DEADLINE

3. Baker Mayfield will win the NFL MVP award. SLIGHT CHANCE

4. The Steelers will win the AFCN and be challengers to win the Super Bowl.   NO WAY

5.  Leveon Bell will come back to win the NFL rushing title. UNLIKLEY

6. Terrelle Pryor will prove to be a bust playing for the Jacksonville Jaguars   PROBABLE

7. The NFL  will go to an 18 game season in the next few years. I HOPE NOT, COULD HAPPEN

8. The NBA and NHL playoffs extending until Mid June is fucking absurd. NO MORE ABSURD THAN A 162 GAME BASEBALL SEASON, WITH PLAYOFF GAMES IN THE 30S

9. Though they failed to make the playoffs, the Lakers deserve all the media attention they are getting. NOPE

10. You are happy that the Jeopardy guy, James Holzhauer lost and came just short of matching Ken Jennings all time money winning record. RECORDS ARE MADE TO BE BROKEN, DON'T WATCH JEOPARDY MUCH

Bonus.  It is true what Vagitron says...he is an extremely well liked contributor to this forum. HE'S TOLERATED FOR COMIC RELIEF

My own answers: 

Shove it big time.  Yes, he would have liked to have had him here, but no,  FK understands the rules of the league.

I shove the idea of it having to happen because Duke can be a real asset to this team.  But, yes, it could happen despite my protests.

I love the proposition that it could happen.  So, there IS a chance.

Shove it big time.  The Browns got better, the Ravens won last year, and the Steelers lost several critical components. They may challenge of course for the AFC title, but I don't think they win...and they are not in the picture for the SB

Shove it.  He will just be OK....but there will be likely a dozen others who outgain him in the league.

Shove it.  While he won't be a breakout star, he won't be a complete bust, and will contribute some to the Jags passing game.

I shove that it should/could/would happen,   and I can't say that I love that it may happen...but I think it will happen...because it will bring in more $$$$...and isn't that what the NFL is all about, how to make more money?

I love it.  The playoffs in these sports used to be best 2 out of 3 for the first round, then best 3 out of 5, and only the Finals were best of 7.  Now they have to have  all rounds be best of 7...again, just for $$$$.   I think they should end early to mid May.

Shove it.  Fuck them. They are an absolute joke of a franchise with only dysfunction being anything about them worth talking about except:  where should LeBron demand a trade to.  This league does just fine without the Lakers, Knicks or Celtics or Bulls being worth a shit.  I would love that teams like Toronto and Milwaukee get attention instead of having the media sniff the butt cracks of these has been teams.

Shove it.  I would like to have seen him beat the money record....if not the winning streak record.   Records are made to be broken.  But..he did get whipped fair and square, and I can see this woman who beat him going on an extended win streak herself.  She is very good. (and obviously I am a big Jeopardy fan)

Shove it.  His only real value here is that he is a fly to be tortured by our sadistic minds...and as a reminder how sychophantic and deluded Steeler fans can be.  Though, maybe he makes good hot dogs.  Doesn't he like run a hot dog stand in Delaware OH.?  Catering to the Ohio Wesleyan student?

12 hours ago, The Gipper said:

1.  Freddie Kitchens is extremely mad at OBJ for missing so much OTA time. Shoved It, soon after he saw OBJ was in shape..Plays are on OBJ's Tablet..OBJ passed that test too..

2. Duke Johnson will be traded before the start of the season Sure..don't love it, but Duke did it to himself.the door was left open.than.Duke slammed it shut..I'll go as far as saying.."Duke wants out of a bad contract" 

3. Baker Mayfield will win the NFL MVP award. No..Brees is tired of getting screwed

4. The Steelers will win the AFCN and be challengers to win the Super Bowl. Shove it..Not a Chance.. Browns clinch division before going to Pukesburg.. 

5.  Leveon Bell will come back to win the NFL rushing title. Shove that with the Jets OL..If he don't put his playing weight back on? he may go IR sometime this season 

6. Terrelle Pryor will prove to be a bust playing for the Jacksonville Jaguars never a fan of..don't care & still refuses to block

7. The NFL  will go to an 18 game season in the next few years. Love it if they add to the roster limits & cut 1 pre-season game

8. The NBA and NHL playoffs extending until Mid June is fucking absurd. Shove it..it beats watching tennis or golf in June

9. Though they failed to make the playoffs, the Lakers deserve all the media attention they are getting. Lakers? never heard of them since Magic vs Bird..

10. You are happy that the Jeopardy guy, James Holzhauer lost and came just short of matching Ken Jennings all time money winning record. are you kidding? i'll claim i have never turned on Jeopardy..

Here are 10 statements.   Tell whether for each one if you Love It, or Shove It:

1.  Freddie Kitchens is extremely mad at OBJ for missing so much OTA time........eh,  no.

2. Duke Johnson will be traded before the start of the season........I hope not,  no. 

3. Baker Mayfield will win the NFL MVP award........ 2020 love it. 

4. The Steelers will win the AFCN and be challengers to win the Super Bowl....... Shove it for 10 years. 

5.  Leveon Bell will come back to win the NFL rushing title........ who? 

6. Terrelle Pryor will prove to be a bust playing for the Jacksonville Jaguars.......shove it. 

7. The NFL  will go to an 18 game season in the next few years..... I. Hope not. Shove it. 

8. The NBA and NHL playoffs extending until Mid June is fucking absurd..... Yes.  Shove that one. 

9. Though they failed to make the playoffs, the Lakers deserve all the media attention they are getting...... Zzzzzzzoooooo. 

10. You are happy that the Jeopardy guy, James Holzhauer lost and came just short of matching Ken Jennings all time money winning record....... What is who cares for $1,000

Bonus.  It is true what Vagitron says...he is an extremely well liked contributor to this forum.......eh. 

15 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Are they on drugs?  

click on Rapoport's tweeter feed on this(in post, no login,it's free) most hilarious thing i've read all week 🤩  

On 6/5/2019 at 9:33 AM, The Gipper said:

Shove it - He knew the deal before ota's. Preferred him to be there, but not "extremely mad".....or surprised

Love it - Assuming the Browns find a buyer. Dont think Dorsey will let him go for nothing....unless he becomes a problem child

Shove it - anything is possible, but Im not gonna predict Baker to be the best player in the league in only his 2nd year

Shove it - their reign has ended

Shove it - he doesnt have the mentality to be the best

Love it - 9 years in the league, with no notable accomplishments, pretty much has sealed the deal.....already

Love it - personally, I cant get enough.....

Shove it - really dont care. Not a hockey watcher.....

Love it - not sure they "deserve" it?......but understand it.....Lakers & Lebron = news & attention

Shove it - love to witness excellence. Wish he would have crushed the record......

Love it - He seeks your attention and often gets it......with Gip leading the pack.....

Love it - He seeks your attention and often gets it......with Gip leading the pack.....

My assigned job on here is to hammer the heads of Steeler fans and to put my foot on their necks.  Would you like to take over that assignment?  Or would you rather that their stupidity be ignored, their delusions go uncontested, their arrogance be accepted without challenge?  

21 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

My assigned job on here is to hammer the heads of Steeler fans and to put my foot on their necks.  Would you like to take over that assignment?  Or would you rather that their stupidity be ignored, their delusions go uncontested, their arrogance be accepted without challenge?  

Does this assigned job come with a job title? 401k? Stock options? 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Or would you rather that their stupidity be ignored...

Yes......it's what is needed for them to go away......well fed trolls tend to got a LOT more opportunities and LOVE a good fight.....

So your "self pronounced assignment" is actually what keeps them around......( at least from my perspective).....no worries tho, I read none of it, so keep up the good work!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Mudfly said:

Yes......it's what is needed for them to go away......well fed trolls tend to got a LOT more opportunities and LOVE a good fight.....

So your "self pronounced assignment" is actually what keeps them around......( at least from my perspective).....no worries tho, I read none of it, so keep up the good work!

What makes you think it is self pronounced?

19 hours ago, The Gipper said:

What makes you think it is self pronounced?

Since the mods always seem to close the threads your little debates regularly ruin, I would find it hard to believe they actual asked you to lead trolls on for days on end.....just dont see it....

But, just like those debates, I dont really care if your self pronounced or not. 

Mods....if he's your hench man, here is your chance to say it......

2 hours ago, Mudfly said:

Since the mods always seem to close the threads your little debates regularly ruin, I would find it hard to believe they actual asked you to lead trolls on for days on end.....just dont see it....

But, just like those debates, I dont really care if your self pronounced or not. 

Mods....if he's your hench man, here is your chance to say it......

Nope, Gip just likes to prove he's right (even if he's only partly right, or not willing to accept a different POV).... I'll get in debates with Vag myself, partly because I find it's amusing to poke fun at the Mega Steeler Homer. 

I just have the sense to shut things down when the conversation is going nowhere....  

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, hoorta said:

Nope, Gip just likes to prove he's right (even if he's only partly right, or not willing to accept a different POV)...

By that statement I take it that you agree that I almost universally prove that I am  right...when it comes to facts .  (but think you are wrong about "point of view" i.e. opinion) I think I always "accept" the opinion of others...but acceptance does not mean that I have to agree with others on matters of opinion.  I can accept and still vehemently disagree. 

Just as an example:  Take the proposition that Michael Jordan is the GOAT.  I accept that a lot of people think that way....its just that I do not....and I have made a lot of logical arguments as to why that is not the case.

You see:  advocacy IS my profession.  Maybe you all see my advocacy as intransigence.  It isn't. Its just that I am good at it, even if I am not phlegmatic about it.

But another part of my profession is as an adjudicator. It is also my job to take the arguments on two sides...and to come up with a judgment on which prevails.  There is not necessarily a lot of that that I do here, because it is not asked of me. So much more that goes on here is on the advocacy side.

. I'll get in debates with Vag myself, partly because I find it's amusing to poke fun at the Mega Steeler Homer. 

I just have the sense to shut things down when the conversation is going nowhere....  

That is fair....I guess, noting that as a moderator  YOU  are put in the position as intercessor in these little affairs

By the way...did you see my PMs?

. I'll get in debates with Vag myself, partly because I find it's amusing to poke fun at the Mega Steeler Homer.

And that is all that I am doing, albeit, perhaps I go a little more overboard than others. I guess perhaps I am just a bit less willing to let his inanities pass unchallenged.But...Maybe I should lighten up on him.  After all, "stupid" is not a purposeful condition on his part, it is an inherent one over which he likely has little control. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2019 at 11:00 AM, The Gipper said:

I dont really care if your self pronounced or not. 

Let's add that to the poll then:   Does anyone care that you don't care?

___Love It

___Shove It

I dont think anyone cares what I think(though, I MUST add that I was right Mr. Self Pronounced)....... Id also wager a LOT of folks care that you regularly blow up quality threads that just end up in the waste can.....too many to even remember.....due to your inability to manage emotions over what some anonymous dumba$$  steeler fan said.....

just....can't.....help.....yourself.....(go ahead....get the last word.....Im a big enough boy to handle it.....).....

Love it

Love it

Love it

:lol:

Love it

Shove it!

Dun care.. Shove it!

:rolleyes::lol:.. SHOVE IT!!

On 6/8/2019 at 7:15 PM, hoorta said:

Are they on drugs?  

Yes!!.. I hope they hire him...

1 hour ago, Mudfly said:

I dont think anyone cares what I think(though, I MUST add that I was right Mr. Self Pronounced)....... Id also wager a LOT of folks care that you regularly blow up quality threads that just end up in the waste can.....too many to even remember.....due to your inability to manage emotions over what some anonymous dumba$$  steeler fan said.....

just....can't.....help.....yourself.....(go ahead....get the last word.....Im a big enough boy to handle it.....).....

The only thread that was blown up due to a conversation back-and-forth between a Steeler fan was the thread that was titled stupid Steeler fans what the hell do you think was supposed to go into that thread? Hello. So why are you on here blowing up this thread instead of sticking to the topic so as I see it you’re the one primarily guilty of what your claiming others are doing