THE BROWNS BOARD

Simple question - DO THE INDIANS MAKE THE 2019 PLAYOFFS? 1. YES 2. NO.

mjp28

2019 PLAYOFFS INDIANS IN OR NOT?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. DO THE INDIANS MAKE THE 2019 PLAYOFFS? 1. YES, 2. NO.

I have the pregame on YouTube anyone else watching?

But I might go outside and listen to Hammy on the radio..... game time decision.

GO TRIBE!

12 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I have the pregame on YouTube anyone else watching?

But I might go outside and listen to Hammy on the radio..... game time decision.

GO TRIBE!

i watched - you tube play by play guy and commentators were... meh

Bauer was fantastic

tough loss by the bullpen

On 7/24/2019 at 7:17 AM, FairHooker11 said:

twins lose to Yankees 14-12

INDIANS 4 tor 0 final.  A brilliant 1 hit CGSO by Beiber.

........ meanwhile NYY 9 MIN 7 in the 7th.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chemist said:

2 games back

The INDIANS are 61-42 .592 just 59 games left on pace to win 95.9 games

The Twinkies are not looking at the rear view mirror now they are looking at the side mirror because the INDIANS are ready to pass them if they waiver at all.

GO INDIANS, the hottest team in baseball.

On 5/26/2019 at 6:33 AM, mjp28 said:

I think going into June 2019 their pitching might pull them through  over MIN in a weak division.

Subject to revision July 31, 2019.    :):(

Well I will stick to my original pick YES they will make the playoffs -but- the pitching is a bit unsettled and the hitting just got a big RH bat boost!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After the All Star game the INDIANS were the hottest team in baseball too bad they are in a funk in September.

SO can they still make it?

• 3 weeks later...

The correct answer to the question was 2. NO.

September 28 my birthday and the MLB field is set with only a few H/V questions left, our INDIANS are the last AL team not to get into October baseball.

Nice try despite an injury filled season.

FINAL POST ON THE AL & NL STANDINGS

Screenshot_2019-09-28_111303.jpg

Screenshot_2019-09-28_111313.jpg

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Choked like dogs.   Again.

Won the AFCN three years in a row coming in.

Losing Kluber, Carrasco, Clevinger, Lindor, Ramirez and many others during the year really hurt.....yet they can still win 95. Not a classic choke.

• Thanks 1

On 9/28/2019 at 12:17 PM, mjp28 said:

Won the AFCN three years in a row coming in.

Losing Kluber, Carrasco, Clevinger, Lindor, Ramirez and many others during the year really hurt.....yet they can still win 95. Not a classic choke.

Pretty amazing when you look at the pitching injuries. 94 wins is a good season. They didn’t “choke” at all.  Most considered them out of it in June. So how’s it a choke?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Pretty amazing when you look at the pitching injuries. 94 wins is a good season. They didn’t “choke” at all.  Most considered them out of it in June. So how’s it a choke?

They were leading in the WC race with about a week to go...then proceeded to lose it in that time, by losing to the White Sox etc.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

They were leading in the WC race with about a week to go...then proceeded to lose it in that time, by losing to the White Sox etc.

No.  

The Cleveland Indians have overcome injuries and setbacks throughout season and remained in the playoff race. The outcome will be decided in the final week.

Cleveland moved into a tie for the second AL wild card with a 10-1 win over the Philadelphia Phillies on Sunday night. The Indians matched the Tampa Bay Rays with six games to play. Both teams are 92-64 and two games behind Oakland, which leads the wild-card race.

The Indians, playing their final home game, took advantage of the Athletics and Rays both losing Sunday. Cleveland has an off-day Monday before the final stretch.

13 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Choked.

OK choked.            ;)

Terry Franconia for AL Manager of the Year. Maybe his best work and many agree we'll have to wait for the voting.