THE BROWNS BOARD

Dolphin fans squalling about their title drought? Pshaw

The Gipper

See this article about teams undergoing a title drought:

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/greg-cote/article230738504.html?fbclid=IwAR06OWYisPNwk8Dg7cJf-2_OKDeScWVUmUpKbEfT57crKgmBbV2nMP5MW_c

By category, each featuring top 10 including ties:

Most seasons since previously winning a championship: 65: Cleveland Indians; 61: Detroit Lions; 53: Buffalo Bills (AFL/NFL); 51: Cleveland Browns and Toronto Maple Leafs; 50: New York Jets; 49: Kansas City Chiefs; 48: Milwaukee Bucks; 46: Indiana Pacers (ABA/NBA) and New York Knicks; 45: Miami Dolphins.

Most seasons without ever winning a championship: 58: Minnesota Vikings ; 53: Atlanta Falcons; 52: Denver Nuggets; 51: Atlanta Hawks, Cincinnati Bengals, Phoenix Suns, St. Louis Blues and San Diego Padres; 50: Milwaukee Brewers; 48: Buffalo Sabres, Texas Rangers and Vancouver Canucks.

Most seasons since last appearing in a championship game or finals: 61: Detroit LIons; 51: Atlanta Hawks* and Toronto Maple Leafs; 50: Cleveland Browns and New York Jets; 49: Kansas City Chiefs; 45: Milwaukee Bucks; 43: Denver Nuggets and Seattle Mariners*; 42: Minnesota Vikings. Asterisks indicate no such appearances. (Note: Dolphins’ 34-season gap ties for 16th).

Most seasons since last winning a playoff game or series: 28: Cincinnati Bengals; 27: Detroit Lions and Pittsburgh Pirates; 24: Cincinnati Reds; 23: Buffalo Bills; 22: Florida Panthers; 21: Cleveland Browns and San Diego Padres; 18: Atlanta Braves, Miami Dolphins and Seattle Mariners.

Most seasons since last making the playoffs: 18: Seattle Mariners: 16: Cleveland Browns and Miami Marlins; 13: Sacramento Kings and San Diego Padres; 11: Chicago White Sox and Tampa Bay Buccaneers; 9: Phoenix Suns; 8: Buffalo Sabres, New York Jets and Philadelphia Phillies.

Most seasons since last winning record: 13: Sacramento Kings; 11: Cleveland Browns; 10: Miami Marlins; 9: San Diego Padres; 8: Buffalo Sabres and Philadelphia Phillies; 7: Arizona Coyotes and Chicago White Sox; 6: Cincinnati Reds, Los Angeles Lakers and New York Knicks.

Teams the rest of the country hates (Best-scoring teams in each league by our measure): Golden State Warriors 1; Washington Capitals 3; Boston Red Sox 5 and New England Patriots 5. Booo!

This might not make you feel better about the state of your team, South Florida. Just know that lots of other folks elsewhere can commiserate and feel your pain.

There is one big problem with this authors methodology:   He does NOT take into account any franchises that have moved.  He only is dealing with franchises in their current location:

Examples:  The Football Cardinals,  Chicago/St. Louis/Arizona....have in fact gone longer than the Indians without a title....since 1947.  (though it is true that the Indians have gone the longest in their current city).  He also does not include the Sacramento/Kansas City/Cincinnati/Rochester Kings/Royals...who have not won since  1951. 

He says the Atlanta Hawks have never won a title....true...to a point.  The Hawks have won a title....in ST. Louis.

He ignores the Chargers entire history in San Diego. And he ignores the Washington Nationals history in Montreal, and the Rangers history in Washington DC.

So, while some of this guys information may be valid, a lot of it is bogus.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

No, the bottom of the  ocean. That would be the  Marianas Trench, the anti Everest.

Better yet.. They could just vanish into the vacuum of the Bermuda Triangle , then all will be right in the world.. The Ratbirds can follow suit...

6 hours ago, nickers said:

Better yet.. They could just vanish into the vacuum of the Bermuda Triangle , then all will be right in the world.. The Ratbirds can follow suit...

8QwE.gif        

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The band Phish

I forgot about them.. But I remember they're guitarist Trey Anastasio was pretty good.. Kind of like a Jerry Garcia clone...

13 minutes ago, nickers said:

I forgot about them.. But I remember they're guitarist Trey Anastasio was pretty good.. Kind of like a Jerry Garcia clone...

I don't know much about them really.   Except I know there are a lot of fans of them...and a lot of people that think they suck:

21 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I don't know much about them really.   Except I know there are a lot of fans of them...and a lot of people that think they suck:

Yeah , They didn't do anything for me , either...