THE BROWNS BOARD

"gun crime" is a made up fake word - and it isn't everywhere like the left wants everyone to believe

calfoxwc

3 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I can't access it at work. Did the data parse out suicides? I know they will include those as well which skews the numbers to make it look worse.

There's racism in the article. Proceed with caution.

There are approximately 120,000,000 gun owners in the US. We are the majority of voting adults.

53% of all shootings are by black men under 30. So, 3% of the US population does more than ½ the killing. 83% of all shootings are gang and drug-related.

Only about 7% of all shootings from a rifle or shotgun and less than 40% of that 7% involve Modern Sporting Rifles.

The U.S. ranks 11th in mass shootings for industrialized nations. 50% of the counties in the US will not have a murder within their boundary. 2% of the counties had 53% of all the murders in the U.S.

Both Japan and Korea have much higher suicide rates than the US. Both nations virtually ban private gun ownership. 75% of all gun deaths are attributed to suicide. Guns are not the cause, just the means.

An Obama administration study showed guns are used over 500,000 time a year to save a life or prevent crime or assault.

U.S. Numbers

• Total Number of gun deaths: 38,000
  • Suicides: 28,500
  • Gang and Drug: 7,885
  • Remaining: 1,615

If not for gangs and drugs, the number of murders by guns is below 1,700 in a county of 330,000,000 people. Remove the gangs and drugs, and the US is one of the SAFEST countries in the world.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Gorka said:

There's racism in the article. Proceed with caution.

There are approximately 120,000,000 gun owners in the US. We are the majority of voting adults.

53% of all shootings are by black men under 30. So, 3% of the US population does more than ½ the killing. 83% of all shootings are gang and drug-related.

Only about 7% of all shootings from a rifle or shotgun and less than 40% of that 7% involve Modern Sporting Rifles.

The U.S. ranks 11th in mass shootings for industrialized nations. 50% of the counties in the US will not have a murder within their boundary. 2% of the counties had 53% of all the murders in the U.S.

Both Japan and Korea have much higher suicide rates than the US. Both nations virtually ban private gun ownership. 75% of all gun deaths are attributed to suicide. Guns are not the cause, just the means.

An Obama administration study showed guns are used over 500,000 time a year to save a life or prevent crime or assault.

U.S. Numbers

• Total Number of gun deaths: 38,000
  • Suicides: 28,500
  • Gang and Drug: 7,885
  • Remaining: 1,615

If not for gangs and drugs, the number of murders by guns is below 1,700 in a county of 330,000,000 people. Remove the gangs and drugs, and the US is one of the SAFEST countries in the world.

Those numbers pretty much add up to how they have looked when I read through them previously. 

1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

oh gun crime is a made up thing until we want to smear up the darkies eh?

To be fair, I don't think anyone in the thread has tried to say that gun crime doesn't exist. The numbers are used to paint a picture that simply isn't reality. Suicides represent the vast majority of the deaths. The bulk of the rest are related to gang activity in places that are overwhelmingly in places with stringent firearm laws.

14 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Cal also contradicted himself with the second half of the sentence thus negating the first half haha.

yeah, well, there is no such thing as gun crime. It's people who commit the crime, a gun is the means often...

and referring to the crime with guns.... it isn't everywhere like the left wants America to believe.

I figured most knew what I meant. Except for an incoherent nutjob and a birdbrain.

15 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

oh gun crime is a made up thing until we want to smear up the darkies eh?

"We" ?  Speak for yourself then.

Whenever discussing blacks killing blacks, or black crime in general, "gun crime" is rarely the subject of the discussion.

I wouldn't doubt you pulled that comment off a libtard pajama boy meme and thought it very astute.

3 hours ago, Gorka said:

"We" ?  Speak for yourself then.

Whenever discussing blacks killing blacks, or black crime in general, "gun crime" is rarely the subject of the discussion.

I wouldn't doubt you pulled that comment off a libtard pajama boy meme and thought it very astute.

no it was compketely organic. And besides i even sith lord my own memes now...