THE BROWNS BOARD

I want to believe this but....

htownbrown

20 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

Well one, I never said anything about his flaws, but if you think he is perfect then go ahead. I don't care if you agree with them, I certainly know my knowledge, and it's also not a peeing contest.

And if you think that asking where you would rank him was somehow wrong, then I can't help you. Nobody said you were obligated to. But it is funny you don't know where you would rank him, yet have no issue with ranking others.

And of course there are cases both ways, nobody ever said different. 

I never said that you said anything about his flaws....though you did ask others what his flaws are.  And I never said he was perfect....I just said that it is not my responsibility to point out his flaws.    Why would you want to make it MY responsibility...if you are unable to take on that task yourself.

And I don't think that you asking me where I would rank him is wrong.... its just, again, not my duty to do that. 

But, if you fell that is is absolutely my duty to do so....whether or not I believe what I say...just to satisfy your craving for my opinion, I will say:  OK, just put him where the article puts him.  Why not? 

And no, I didn't really rank others much...I just stated whether I thought they were properly ranked.

On 5/25/2019 at 6:01 PM, The Gipper said:

I never said that you said anything about his flaws....though you did ask others what his flaws are.  And I never said he was perfect....I just said that it is not my responsibility to point out his flaws.    Why would you want to make it MY responsibility...if you are unable to take on that task yourself.

And I don't think that you asking me where I would rank him is wrong.... its just, again, not my duty to do that. 

But, if you fell that is is absolutely my duty to do so....whether or not I believe what I say...just to satisfy your craving for my opinion, I will say:  OK, just put him where the article puts him.  Why not? 

And no, I didn't really rank others much...I just stated whether I thought they were properly ranked.

It was just the smugness it seemed to have when saying you weren't obligated.

You kinda did rank some of them: Cam, Foles, Eli and said so and so would be behind them. 

And if you can't see how people, not just this forum, not just Browns fans, not just football fans, etc tend to ignore the flaws when it is something they like, have, etc then I don't know what to tell you. I'm not even saying it is wrong to do so. Beauty/worth is in the eye of the beholder. A perfect example that you have even referenced is the Steeler guy and how he changed up on Brown. 

2 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

It was just the smugness it seemed to have when saying you weren't obligated.

It wasn't smugness.  It was a mere statement of fact.  I am not obligated to give an opinion if I choose not to....nor if I do not have one.  In this case it was more the latter than the former. We all really have not had enough opportunity to judge how good of a QB Baker will be. We think we know, but we don't really know.

You kinda did rank some of them: Cam, Foles, Eli and said so and so would be behind them. 

I did...because we have had a lot more opportunity to judge those longer term, veteran QBs.

And if you can't see how people, not just this forum, not just Browns fans, not just football fans, etc tend to ignore the flaws when it is something they like, have, etc then I don't know what to tell you.

If you don't know what to tell me, then say nothing about it.  I am not saying I don't see that....I just think it is a natural tendency of people to ignore the flaws or people they are rooting for. Not sure, again, that it is necessary for me to point that out just to satisfy your curiosity about what I think. You just are going to have to accept the fact that sometimes I don't have a definitive opinion on something. I am not trying to be smug or churlish about it. I just sometimes don't have the answers...or even the thoughts about a particular situation

I'm not even saying it is wrong to do so. Beauty/worth is in the eye of the beholder. A perfect example that you have even referenced is the Steeler guy and how he changed up on Brown. 

16 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I don't know how to respond to certain spots like that, so I am just going to reference it.

As for smugness, that may not have been your intention, but it was how it came off. When a question is asked, when the response is "I didn't know I was obligated..." it comes off a certain way.

I said that about ranking them because you said you didn't. So you actually went from "I didn't really rank others much" to yeah I did, but here's why. Those are 2 different things.

And I obviously said that I don't even see anything wrong with having that bias, its certainly understandable. Most things that would be deemed flaws would occur in comparison, thus really can be argued and opinion. The point was that people sometimes wont point out those flaws. Everyone has flaws, its just I have so many less than everyone else lol jk

3 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

I don't know how to respond to certain spots like that, so I am just going to reference it.

As for smugness, that may not have been your intention, but it was how it came off. When a question is asked, when the response is "I didn't know I was obligated..." it comes off a certain way.

I said that about ranking them because you said you didn't. So you actually went from "I didn't really rank others much" to yeah I did, but here's why. Those are 2 different things.

And I obviously said that I don't even see anything wrong with having that bias, its certainly understandable. Most things that would be deemed flaws would occur in comparison, thus really can be argued and opinion. The point was that people sometimes wont point out those flaws. Everyone has flaws, its just I have so many less than everyone else lol jk

It is also not my obligation to figure out how you were going to react to anything I say so what do you think something is smug when it isn’t that’s on you pal.