THE BROWNS BOARD

The 2021 NFL Draft will be held in Cleveland

Vambo

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-2021-nfl-draft-awarded-cleveland-214838977--nfl.html

The league is expected to officially announce the news, and potentially the hosts of other future drafts, on Wednesday, as owners hold spring meetings in Florida this week.

Cleveland, Kansas City and Denver were among the finalists for recent drafts that were awarded to Nashville (2019) and Las Vegas (2020). Multiple outlets reported Tuesday that Denver is not expected to be awarded a future draft this week.

"We're confident in our city and our proposal, and feel Cleveland has a great chance at securing this event," David Gilbert, president of the Greater Cleveland Sports Commission, told Cleveland.com in a statement earlier Tuesday.

The draft began moving around the country in 2015, being held in Chicago for two years before going to Philadelphia (2017), Dallas (2018) and then Nashville last month. Before that, the draft was held annually in New York City from 1965-2014.

--Field Level Media

Congrats C-Town..  https://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001031662/article/nfl-awards-21-23-drafts-to-cleveland-kansas-city  Official about 10 minutes ago..Been to several & can't think of a better place than The Land 👍     

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Good news.

Mike

Good News 😇.. You & Cal & Hoorta will be running in the Nfl Combine experience..We expect recorded 40 times,Verts, broad jumps & 3 cone times :o..What section are your tickets in? Buffalo looks like am in the dawgpound.. Them Steeler tickets are priced as gold, I may go up top? PM me if ya need..And get to some combine training :lol:   

Combine training?.....HELL NO, not at my age! :D

I'm in section 536 & have to climb to row 19...after walking in from our Tailgate, that's my exercise for the week.

40 time...less than 15 minutes, verts...1 1/2"...Broad jumps?...those days are long gone & I'm married anyway, 3 cone times...as long as they're filled with ice cream, who cares?

Mike

• Haha 3

OK so now it is confirmed.   Vegas in 2020,   Cleveland in 2021,   TBD in 2022,   Kansas City in 2023.  

They are saying a "big city" for  2022.   That could mean LA....or back to NYC. Or, Chicago or Houston could be in the mix.  

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/future-nfl-draft-locations-host-cities/1lnc951fyd6yy1vg3g9iwsiugq

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

They dropped Canton from the venue.

That was apparently the hangup in getting the bid for NFL 100.  

19 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Good News 😇.. You & Cal & Hoorta will be running in the Nfl Combine experience..We expect recorded 40 times,Verts, broad jumps & 3 cone times :o..What section are your tickets in? Buffalo looks like am in the dawgpound.. Them Steeler tickets are priced as gold, I may go up top? PM me if ya need..And get to some combine training :lol:   

Combine? You kidding me? Not quite as old as Canton Mike, but this old horse ain't quite what he used to be.  I can't budge 220 on a bench. One of my disappointments in life was back in high school,  I never could get quite enough vertical to dunk a basketball. I could do a tennis ball. (As an aside, my younger brother got all the athletic ability-  white men can't jump?  I'll swear on a stack of bibles at 6'2" George could reverse slam dunk with both hands from a standing start. Got POed at the JV BB coach, and quit the team. Dumbass could have gotten a major college scholarship if he had persevered. Easily was holding his own against guys who were on West Virginia's varsity in a pickup league a few years later.)  

I do my long distance cycling, but I can't approach my average speeds way back when I was in my 30s. About 2 mph slower. (If shooting your age is a goal in golf, I can still ride my age on a bike.) But those Tour de France guys would lap me- and then some, on a 100 mile ride. 

19 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Combine training?.....HELL NO, not at my age! :D

I'm in section 536 & have to climb to row 19...after walking in from our Tailgate, that's my exercise for the week.

40 time...less than 15 minutes, verts...1 1/2"...Broad jumps?...those days are long gone & I'm married anyway, 3 cone times...as long as they're filled with ice cream, who cares?

Mike

Section 111 Row 9.  

16 hours ago, The Gipper said:

OK so now it is confirmed.   Vegas in 2020,   Cleveland in 2021,   TBD in 2022,   Kansas City in 2023.  

They are saying a "big city" for  2022.   That could mean LA....or back to NYC. Or, Chicago or Houston could be in the mix.  

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/future-nfl-draft-locations-host-cities/1lnc951fyd6yy1vg3g9iwsiugq

NFLN said they might not want to hand out the draft to a "big city" that has the ability to host a Super Bowl.  :) 

14 hours ago, gumby73 said:

With my bad knee from when I was a kid, the first time I ever seriously ran was in basic training. My forty time? I'm older now, but I can walk around the back forty of our farm in about two hours. I have a new knee, so my broad jump is about...eh...three feet? but I can do a 3 cone in 1.2 secs....single dips of course. and probably only chocolate.

NFLN said they might not want to hand out the draft to a "big city" that has the ability to host a Super Bowl.  :) 

Well...I am all for that.  I have said all along that I think that the Draft should NOT go to cities that could be possible  Super Bowl hosts, but should go to those cities that would not be in line for that.    And they have done that, a bit:   giving it to the likes of Chicago, Philly, now Cleveland, and KC.  But they did have to lick Jerry Jones's ugly arse and give one to Dallas.  And now they are going to also have it in Vegas ...which I am sure will be heavily considered to be put into Super Bowl rotation.

But I would be fine to not want to hand the draft to a "big city".   (though, aren't Chicago and Philly "big" cities?)  Hell, now that Cleveland has one (and KC), I would be all in for them to give it to Green Bay...the farthest thing from a big city that we have in American (and Canadian) sports.  And Green Bay would certainly deserve it.  Titletown USA,  very loyal and appreciative fans etc. etc.   And to be perfectly fair, Washington DC should also be in consideration...and Buffalo....and even Cincinnati. And I will even demean myself to include both Pittsburgh and Baltimore in there (as much as it hurts to do so)

The one other thing that is good about this is that Cleveland got this thing before any of the other AFCN cities did. Suck on that, Motherfuckers!

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

What do you mean "If"?  It has been announced.  Do you think for some reason it would not happen?

I didn’t realize it was announced. The top portion mentions candidates and I didn’t read the whole thing. 

15 hours ago, Vagitron said:

I didn’t realize it was announced. The top portion mentions candidates and I didn’t read the whole thing. 

Makes sense then why they would give it to Cleveland before Pittsburgh. The NFL is clearly aware that we have smarter fans.

And I notice that you have this under your avatar:

• Interests:Making Gipper so upset his dementia flares up and he forgets where he i

SO...who is in whose head?  I give no thought to you other than when I respond to one of your stupid posts. 

I would consider you a stalker, but you are not that important.  The last stalker I knew (not stalking me...but some friend of mine)  I had a cop friend of mine pay him a visit.  Let's just say that his stalking ended abruptly.

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Makes sense then why they would give it to Cleveland before Pittsburgh. The NFL is clearly aware that we have smarter fans.

And I notice that you have this under your avatar:

• Interests:Making Gipper so upset his dementia flares up and he forgets where he i

SO...who is in whose head?  I give no thought to you other than when I respond to one of your stupid posts. 

I would consider you a stalker, but you are not that important.  The last stalker I knew (not stalking me...but some friend of mine)  I had a cop friend of mine pay him a visit.  Let's just say that his stalking ended abruptly.

Stfu gipper. You come running anytime I post. I have permanent residency in your head. You then mention the police? Lmao. I've got a good buddy in the CIA. Should I have him wire tap your phone so I can hear how much you talk about me? Your problem is you can't shut the fuck up. You always have something to say about everything. Shut. Up. Gipper. You can do it buddy.

Stfu gipper. You come running anytime I post. I have permanent residency in your head. You then mention the police? Lmao. I've got a good buddy in the CIA. Should I have him wire tap your phone so I can hear how much you talk about me? Your problem is you can't shut the fuck up. You always have something to say about everything. Shut. Up. Gipper. You can do it buddy.

Oh, I CAN shut the fuck up.  I just do not choose to do so. You see, I have too many others on here rooting for me to pull the wings off that fly (you). 

And actually...if you read the post that I just made....where Gunz was giving me the business for NOT having an opinion on a particular matter...I told simply that I sometimes just don't have an opinion, and that he should not be upset when I don't express an opinion on everything. 

Besides, if, In fact, if you believe actually that I comment on everything....you must see then how me having some comment about what you say means that you are nothing different than anyone else on here who I have comments towards.  You are just another nameless, faceless extra in the crowd. You are just a red shirt on Star Trek. You are just one  in the hoards of zombies on the Walking Dead.  

And here is another clue, little fly:  no one is coming to help you....except maybe to put you out of your misery:

On 5/23/2019 at 10:36 AM, The Gipper said:

NFLN said they might not want to hand out the draft to a "big city" that has the ability to host a Super Bowl.  :) 

Well...I am all for that.  I have said all along that I think that the Draft should NOT go to cities that could be possible  Super Bowl hosts, but should go to those cities that would not be in line for that.    And they have done that, a bit:   giving it to the likes of Chicago, Philly, now Cleveland, and KC.  But they did have to lick Jerry Jones's ugly arse and give one to Dallas.  And now they are going to also have it in Vegas ...which I am sure will be heavily considered to be put into Super Bowl rotation.

But I would be fine to not want to hand the draft to a "big city".   (though, aren't Chicago and Philly "big" cities?)  Hell, now that Cleveland has one (and KC), I would be all in for them to give it to Green Bay...the farthest thing from a big city that we have in American (and Canadian) sports.  And Green Bay would certainly deserve it.  Titletown USA,  very loyal and appreciative fans etc. etc.   And to be perfectly fair, Washington DC should also be in consideration...and Buffalo....and even Cincinnati. And I will even demean myself to include both Pittsburgh and Baltimore in there (as much as it hurts to do so)

The one other thing that is good about this is that Cleveland got this thing before any of the other AFCN cities did. Suck on that, Motherfuckers!

Pittsburgh didn't even have a proposal for the draft so they made no effort to host it. Did cincy or Baltimore? 

3 hours ago, Vagitron said:

You aren't going to do shit gipper. Further more instead of laughing off my profile you made a fucking post about it. You are the wizard from the wizard of Oz.

I made a joke about your profile because you were up so obsessed with me that you actually had to put me in your profile Jesus you are a stalker. 

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Pittsburgh didn't even have a proposal for the draft so they made no effort to host it. Did cincy or Baltimore? 

Invitations were issued to a variety of cities to make proposals to host the draft. Cleveland got one   apparently Pittsburgh did not

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Invitations were issued to a variety of cities to make proposals to host the draft. Cleveland got one   apparently Pittsburgh did not

The logistics of hosting the draft in Pittsburgh isn't easy. The stadium sits at the confluence of the three rivers that pushes into a triangle. There are already enough issues with parking on the north shore, hosting the draft would be a major undertaking from a geography stand point alone.