THE BROWNS BOARD

Nursing Home Patient being abused

I'm determined to never go to one - if something happens to me, just put me out in a tent in the woods.

Near a lake so  I can fish and just leave me be.

• Upvote 1

One of my parents is currently in a nursing home at the moment, so this really does wonders for my nerves, lol.

On another, yet related note, I highly recommend to the more senior aged members of the board to make it a priority to get Medicare-supplementary insurance. Medicare can be a blessing, but after a certain point, it becomes almost useless. Just found that out in the past week or so.

My mother died in 2016 at the age of 91.  She never went to a nursing home, but stayed at home until the last couple months of her life.  It cost me and my brothers almot 5,000 a month to keep her at home instead of a nursing home.  It would have been almost the same cost, but she didn't want to go to one.  My father died at Southwest General in Middleburgh heights at the age of 68 from lung cancer in 1995.  Never know what the fuck will happen in your life.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

One of my parents is currently in a nursing home at the moment, so this really does wonders for my nerves, lol.

On another, yet related note, I highly recommend to the more senior aged members of the board to make it a priority to get Medicare-supplementary insurance. Medicare can be a blessing, but after a certain point, it becomes almost useless. Just found that out in the past week or so.

I'm on medicare and supplemental insurance - between the two - I think I paid only 290 bucks for a knee replacement.

You'll LOVE medicare plus the right supplemental insurance for you. My Father-in-law is now 96, quit driving two years ago, and reluctantly moved into a brand new assisted living place. He loves it - My Wife worked via the VA and got him registered to get assitstance to help pay for it. They pay nearly half !

13 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I'm on medicare and supplemental insurance - between the two - I think I paid only 290 bucks for a knee replacement.

You'll LOVE medicare plus the right supplemental insurance for you. My Father-in-law is now 96, quit driving two years ago, and reluctantly moved into a brand new assisted living place. He loves it - My Wife worked via the VA and got him registered to get assitstance to help pay for it. They pay nearly half !

stalinist commie pig.