THE BROWNS BOARD

Stupid Steeler fan jokes/memes

The Gipper

50 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I was implying baker is going to be on his back. The Steelers only have the edge on the offensive line? Lmao. I can't wait for this season. I will be handing out the crow sandwiches.

Let's go through this again, as you can tell I try to tell it like it is without blinders on.

Who has the edge?

QB:

RB:

WR:

TE:

OL:

DL:

LB:

CB:

S:

ST:

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I was implying baker is going to be on his back. The Steelers only have the edge on the offensive line? Lmao. I can't wait for this season. I will be handing out the crow sandwiches.

To you and your Steeler friends.   Please...go ahead and justify where else the Squibs have the edge.

If you say at LB...I will agree with you.    Now, where else?  Probably kicker.   (And possibly QB...but that was already admitted.)

If you would bother to go look up my AFC North Unit position ranking thread....you could potentially talk more effectively there (if anywhere is possible for you to do that)

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

Yup, pretty much, if you think otherwise- you're looking through homer glasses.  Outside of your OL, you have two guys superior at their respective positions- Watt, (probably Bush) and Nelson. Otherwise it's a push- or the Browns are way ahead. By my count that's 8\22, with the Steelers on the short end.  Your CBs are comparatively a joke if you think Haden is still better than Ward, he might have been- eight years ago. 

55 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Let's go through this again, as you can tell I try to tell it like it is without blinders on.

Who has the edge? Should I be nice?  

QB: Slight edge Ben, only because of track record

RB: Push, with edge to Chubb

WR: Joke, if they think Ju-ju will be as good as OBJ now that he gets the other teams #1 Cb.  

TE: Browns, Njoku

OL: Steelers 4\5, Bitonio is as good at LG

DL: Browns, across the board superior

LB: I gave them Watt, probably Bush- different defense @ LB

CB: Browns easily 

S: I gave them Nelson, push elsewhere

ST: ? We have two rookies there, but based on preseason I'll go with the Hammer @ punter

42 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Who has the edge?

QB:  Ben R....for now.  Proven HOF.  Baker looks the real deal....but we can''t justify putting him over BR, yet.

RB: Chubb over  Conner.  He is simply better, and the stats proved it. 

WR: Browns all over.  OBJ, Landry, Higgins....each could be better than anyone on the Steelers. Only Juju could possibly break in here. 

TE:  Vance McDonald....or Njoku?   Njoku...more talented....more of a "new wave" TE.  McDonald more old school.  I will say wash.

OL: Steelers for sure.  More proven.  biggest area of concern for Browns.

DL:  Browns...for certain.

LB:  Steelers pretty certain.  (but if Vag thinks it not possible that Wilson could prove better than Bush...the fact is...it is possible. No real  record to go on.

CB:

S:

Browns DBs may be better to a man than anyone the Steelers have.

ST:  Browns K/P in the hands of rookies.  Return duties are up for grabs.  By default the steelers should be given the edge here.

Can anyone answer this?  See my assessment above. 

I think Larry (hoorta) and I have given some pretty object assessments here. ...giving the Steelers the edge in at least 3-4 areas.   Let's here what the Mewling Quims will have to say about that. 

An insult used by people in the Victorian age and by Loki in the Avengers movie which roughly translates into modern English as 'Whining C-U-N-T. .

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

I think Larry (hoorta) and I have given some pretty object assessments here. ...giving the Steelers the edge in at least 3-4 areas.   Let's here what the Mewling Quim will have to say about that. 

An insult used by people in the Victorian age and by Loki in the Avengers movie which roughly translates into modern English as 'Whining C-U-N-T. .

More like players, not necessarily areas. If they can't get pressure on opposing QBs their secondary is toast. If (and of course it's a big IF) the Browns OL holds up- the Browns will score points in bunches. 

Just now, hoorta said:

QB: I'll give a slight edge to Ben in present, but future goes to Cleveland 

RB: I'll say at the moment you could say a push for day 1 starter (I think Chubb is slightly better, but I can see a Steeler fan saying opposite). But with Hunt, Browns favor.

WR- Browns by a good amount 

TE- Browns slight edge

OL: Steelers for sure

DL: Browns overall, but I am not a huge fan of Vernon.

LB: I give Steelers the edge

CB: I think this is a huge advantage Browns

S: Small advantage Cleveland (Edmunds/Randall push, Burnett over Davis

ST: Steelers

So even if I give Pitt the benefit of doubt on a couple

Pitt: 4 CLE: 5 Push: 1

• Upvote 1

The Steeler secondary is ass and they know it. Front 4 isn’t as good as the Browns. LB is a push. 

Steelers have a good (even great) offensive line and it’s why they still contend every year. 

I also think last last year against Pitt is way different if Hue Jackson is fired before the year starts. Browns aren’t far from where Pitt is by any means. The main goal this year is to prove that past history is irrelevant to the teams performance this year ( a tough task)

3 hours ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

The Steeler secondary is ass and they know it. Front 4 isn’t as good as the Browns. LB is a push. 

Steelers have a good (even great) offensive line and it’s why they still contend every year. 

I also think last last year against Pitt is way different if Hue Jackson is fired before the year starts. Browns aren’t far from where Pitt is by any means. The main goal this year is to prove that past history is irrelevant to the teams performance this year ( a tough task)

Exactly- the talking heads saying don't sleep on the Steelers are using Vag's argument- "we're going to be good\great again this year because we've always been great".  None of us here are of the opinion Pittsburgh is going to totally suck- it's just that the rest of the competition in the AFC North has caught up, and in many areas surpassed them. 

It reminds me of the race scene in Start Wars Episode 1 where Watto says "I'm betting on Sebulba". Why? "Because he always wins".   :D  

10 hours ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Steelers secondary is trash if they still need Joe Haden around

The Pisspuke secondary is not that bad when you look ath what some other teams have to work with. Don't get me wrong I hate that entire city and their entire fan base (My gf is a Pisspuke fan) but in all honesty I am willing o bet they finish in the top 10 in ints. Joe is a shell of what he used to be but is still as smart as ever and can show the younger guys some "tools" of what to do in case of....

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yup, same right back at ya....   

Yep, we suck too. Last night was probably the worst game I have ever watched the steelers play in the Ben era. It may have been the worst game period. On to the next one, I guess. 😞

6 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Yep, we suck too. Last night was probably the worst game I have ever watched the steelers play in the Ben era. It may have been the worst game period. On to the next one, I guess. 😞

But on the plus side you got to see one ex-Brownie  get run over by another at the goal line early in the game (1:22 mark)

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

yo, vagitron - your squealers are 0-3, tied with cincy.

have a nice day.

Don't worry... He's somewhere in de-nile suckin down a piss yellow smoothie!

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...