THE BROWNS BOARD

Stupid Steeler fan jokes/memes

The Gipper

16 hours ago, Vagitron said:

The sporting news is NOT one of the most respected institutions in sports writing. They haven’t been for a long ass time too. I don’t feel like responding to the rest.

Me:  If you deny that, then you really are a Retarded Kunt.

Did I or did I not predict it.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

It's obvious he has "selective bias"

47 minutes ago, nickers said:

It's obvious he has "selective bias"

Vag- I only read positive Steeler stuff. I hate the lame POV- we're going to be great again this year because we've always been great. 

That has zero basis in reality. 

9 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Vag- I only read positive Steeler stuff. I hate the lame POV- we're going to be great again this year because we've always been great. 

Yeah.. Like go ahead and rest on your laurels so to speak... Then the rude awakening jumps out and surprises...

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

I don't read the fucking sporting news or bleacher I can tell you that and the Pittsburgh media beats up on pittsburgh sports all the time. I expect the steelers to be better this season, not worse.

10 hours ago, The Gipper said:

What reason do you have to declare the sporting news as a strong authority on anything? They stepped out of relevancy a long time ago.

3 hours ago, Vagitron said:

What reason do you have to declare the sporting news as a strong authority on anything? They stepped out of relevancy a long time ago.

That’s just your opinion. And we know on here that your opinions are vastly vastly holy out of step with anything approaching reality. Again the only reason you say that they’re not relevant is because they didn’t agree with your own particular delusion. Besides I just cited at least three or four other services that do you have the Browns been better than pissed townBesides I just cited at least three or four other services that do you have the Browns been better than pisstown

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

That’s just your opinion. And we know on here that your opinions are vastly vastly holy out of step with anything approaching reality. Again the only reason you say that they’re not relevant is because they didn’t agree with your own particular delusion. Besides I just cited at least three or four other services that do you have the Browns been better than pissed townBesides I just cited at least three or four other services that do you have the Browns been better than pisstown

I don't know a single person that turns to the sporting news for anything other than fantasy football. The news outlets are abundant with Twitter etc that publications like the sporting news are dying breed and or the last bastion for dip shits like you. It's not just my opinion. You also listed mainstream media publications that exist on buzz words and hot topics. No one knows how this season is going to go. I think the over rating of the Browns is hysterical.

9 hours ago, Vagitron said:

I don't know a single person that turns to the sporting news for anything other than fantasy football. The news outlets are abundant with Twitter etc that publications like the sporting news are dying breed and or the last bastion for dip shits like you. It's not just my opinion. You also listed mainstream media publications that exist on buzz words and hot topics. No one knows how this season is going to go. I think the over rating of the Browns is hysterical.

What you’re saying is that every single publication, website, and media outlet out there likes the Browns whether it’s a magazine ,a TV show,  a newspaper,  a website,  a Twitter bomb account or any other fucking thing on earth believe the Browns are the shit and you’re crying about it. 

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

I think over rating the Steelers is even more comical..

5 hours ago, Vagitron said:

I don't read the fucking sporting news or bleacher I can tell you that and the Pittsburgh media beats up on pittsburgh sports all the time. I expect the steelers to be better this season, not worse.

U R in D-Nile. Like 9 out of 10 (pull your head out of your ass) and stop reading that homer Steeler crap. It's warped your thinking. The vast majority of commentators think the Steelers at best treaded water, or are finally on the downward slide. 

15 hours ago, Vagitron said:

And we think you under rating the Browns, and homer over rating the Steelers is equally as comical. 

I already pointed out- some of those mainstream media outlets have guys posting opinions from a POV that's probably 10X more knowledgeable than yours- but you're so damn sure yours is right. 

Already said it- you're coming from a POV of "what was". The rest of the media is coming from a POV of "What is".  Too bad you can't understand that.  Go hug your Terrible Towel, if it makes you feel more secure. 

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

U R in D-Nile. Like 9 out of 10 (pull your head out of your ass) and stop reading that homer Steeler crap. It's warped your thinking. The vast majority of commentators think the Steelers at best treaded water, or are finally on the downward slide. 

He has not bothered to comment on my AFCN position ranking thread maybe because he knows it is not full of sychophancy for the Squibs.  Or maybe he hasn't bothered to read because it contains, you know...substantive football material, and God forbid he does not want to be exposed to any of that. On the other hand he should know that on there, the Steelers fair better than either the Ravens or Bengals.

10 hours ago, Vagitron said:

By all means...link us to those sports media venues that have the Steelers being oh so awesome this year.   Because no one here...or nationwide can find them.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001032472/article/nfls-top-5-passcatching-groups-objs-otas-absence-an-issue

Funny I don't see Bucky even rating the Squealers WRs in the top 5, or 6 if  you count the Chiefs. Vag is floating on that barge on D-Nile.  :D 

We're still waiting for those dozens of unbiased websites saying the Steelers are still Da Bomb. 

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001032472/article/nfls-top-5-passcatching-groups-objs-otas-absence-an-issue

Funny I don't see Bucky even rating the Squealers WRs in the top 5, or 6 if  you count the Chiefs. Vag is floating on that barge on D-Nile.  :D 

We're still waiting for those dozens of unbiased websites saying the Steelers are still Da Bomb. 

Not sure why this author felt compelled to compare NFL receiving corps to NBA teams.  Merely the fact that the NBA playoffs are going on right now?

On 6/2/2019 at 1:29 AM, hoorta said:

Why would they be on the list with everyone after juju unproven? Want me to post links where pundits predict Washington to break out?

49 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Why would they be on the list with everyone after juju unproven? Want me to post links where pundits predict Washington to break out?

No, just show us any link that favors the Steelers as a primary Super Bowl contender this year....as we have asked already a few times.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

No, just show us any link that favors the Steelers as a primary Super Bowl contender this year....as we have asked already a few times.

I never said the Steelers were favored anywhere. If you go on Vegas odds the Steelers are right behind the browns. What I have said is the future success of the browns is overblown. It goes off nothing but past production of players that weren’t on the team last year. Obj already isn’t at ota’s. The only major subtraction for the Steelers has been Antonio brown and he is a cancer, guess what also not at OTAs for his new team. 

41 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I never said the Steelers were favored anywhere. If you go on Vegas odds the Steelers are right behind the browns. What I have said is the future success of the browns is overblown. It goes off nothing but past production of players that weren’t on the team last year. Obj already isn’t at ota’s. The only major subtraction for the Steelers has been Antonio brown and he is a cancer, guess what also not at OTAs for his new team. 

And you're going on wishing and hoping Ju-Ju will be as good as your #1 (unproven) as he was last year as your #2. All those (Washington's) and new guys are going to play like gangbusters. AND hoping Father Time won't start catching up to Ben. 

Continued success of the Steelers is far from a fact. 9-6-1 Steelers record last year. Devin Bush + a lot of other ??? in the draft.  Um, that's probably Pittsburgh's ceiling this year- and lotsa luck getting there with your schedule.  

I never said the Steelers were favored anywhere.

I think you did actually, but we won't concern ourselves with that.

If you go on Vegas odds the Steelers are right behind the browns.

Are they? If that is the case then post what those are, I have not seen them and would be curious to do so.

What I have said is the future success of the browns is overblown.

Maybe...that is just your opinion.  Maybe it will be proven to be underblown.

It goes off nothing but past production of players that weren’t on the team last year.

Oh...that is just a  fairly minor part of it.  A much  bigger part is the expected improvement of Baker Mayfield...plus the same for the likes of Nick Chubb, Jarvis Landry, Antonio Callaway, David Njoku, the continued contributions of Duke Johnson, Greg Robinson, Bitonio and others on the OL.  plus the continued development of Garrett, Ogunjobi, Genard Avery, Denzel Ward, Carrie/Mitchell/Randall. 

In fact, there are really only 3 new starters that would add to this team that were not here last year:  OBJ,  Sheldon Richardson, and Olivier Vernon. Also, Morgan Burnett may have some spot starting duties. 18- 19 of the expected starters were on this team last year (of which at least 5 were rookies last year going into their second year, and other 3-4 more are going into their 3rd year.  Are those 3 new  additions expected to help greatly? Absolutely, that is why they were brought in...but even if they weren't here, there would be a lot of expected improvement.

Obj already isn’t at ota’s.

I think he was in today.  That ain't no big thing. He will not have forgotten how to catch footballs.

The only major subtraction for the Steelers has been Antonio brown and he is a cancer,

Losing Munchak is another major subtraction...and you did lose Bell, but yes, he did not play last year (and the Steelers suffered for it...as they will likely suffer without Brown.  He may have been a "cancer"  to the FO but he also had 104 catches for about 1300 yards and 15 TDs....and don't tell us that Sidney Moncrief and Washington are going to make up for that loss.

guess what also not at OTAs for his new team. 

Bart Starr....because he just died?

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Your coach thinks obj not being there is a big deal. You also can’t mention the continued development of players on your roster and ignore the same development for the players on the Steelers. You have one dlineman on your team that is other worldly and that’s Garrett. Pouncy owns ogunjobi and Richardson is just okay. I can share some gifs of ogunjobi getting pancaked by pouncy if you’d like and Ben is touched less by pressure than Tom Brady (statistical fact). Ben also had more attempts than any other qb in the league, threw for the most yardage too.

as far as munchak is concerned our coaches learned under him and all the players on the line are veterans, as you said yourself obj isn’t just going to forget how to catch. Our offensive line aren’t going to forget how to hand fight, get leverage or read the defense.  I can’t wait for the Steelers to come out killing it so you can be wrong yet again. Enjoy the media attention gipshit,  the Steelers have had it for decades and it isn’t gonna stop anytime soon.

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

And you're going on wishing and hoping Ju-Ju will be as good as your #1 (unproven) as he was last year as your #2. All those (Washington's) and new guys are going to play like gangbusters. AND hoping Father Time won't start catching up to Ben. 

Continued success of the Steelers is far from a fact. 9-6-1 Steelers record last year. Devin Bush + a lot of other ??? in the draft.  Um, that's probably Pittsburgh's ceiling this year- and lotsa luck getting there with your schedule.  

What do you want to bet? 

Either way I’m taking myself a break from the brownsboard. I spend entirely too much time on the internet arguing. I will be back to gloat.

you may come back, but you won't be gloating., just squealer annoying.

5 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Your coach thinks obj not being there is a big deal.

He thinks it is a small deal.  He also knows he will be ready.

You also can’t mention the continued development of players on your roster and ignore the same development for the players on the Steelers.

I certainly CAN ignore it if I choose to.  Nevertheless...I acknowledge that there are some young players on the Steelers that may have good years....but I will leave it up to you to tout their potential.  That is NOT my job.

You have one dlineman on your team that is other worldly and that’s Garrett. Pouncy owns ogunjobi and Richardson is just okay.

Again, I think that is just your biased opinions.

I can share some gifs of ogunjobi getting pancaked by pouncy if you’d like

Then why haven't you?  Or are these going to prove as non-existent as those links showing the Steelers as SB contenders.

and Ben is touched less by pressure than Tom Brady (statistical fact). Ben also had more attempts than any other qb in the league, threw for the most yardage too.

Because that is all they could do....

as far as munchak is concerned our coaches learned under him and all the players on the line are veterans, as you said yourself obj isn’t just going to forget how to catch. Our offensive line aren’t going to forget how to hand fight, get leverage or read the defense.

Well....again,  possibly, we shall see.  Its like when LeBeau retired, you claimed the same thing...yet since that point the Steelers defenses have been overall about average, if that.

I can’t wait for the Steelers to come out killing it so you can be wrong yet again. Enjoy the media attention gipshit,  the Steelers have had it for decades and it isn’t gonna stop anytime soon.

Uhh, Dude, it has already stopped...unless you are talking about media attention for all of the dysfunction and melodrama associated with that franchise. But not a word about the quality of the football to be played. 

3 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Either way I’m taking myself a break from the brownsboard. I spend entirely too much time on the internet arguing. I will be back to gloat.

I read that as:  I am too gutless to defend my views...and to nervous that things may become a disaster for the Steelers.