THE BROWNS BOARD

Personal Conduct

Zombo

It's the free-swinging offseason, time for a primer.

1. Don't hit the "report" button if you are offended by something. It goes directly to Kathy and she will have you banned. (I saved two regulars the other day) She doesn't like snitches and complainers. PM Me, Hoorta or Mark. We probably won't care, but we will likely delete the post and any ongoing argument about the post if it is truly offending. If it is not, we will laugh at you.

2. Don't bring your beefs from the political board on to the football board. We don't care about your politics. It all gets deleted anyway, so don't make us work.

3. This is not a heavily moderated board in any way. Enjoy it. We let you act like adults. You can swear, post pictures of women, beat up Steeler fans ... we don't care. Don't go after a dude's family. Don't be racist. Don't be Ghoolie ... and we'll be fine.

Zombo

GettyImages-1043894928-775x465.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Pavo Joe said:

I'm curious on who determines if a post is actually offensive or not. You ?????? 

Nothing offends me. We just delete shit that makes people cry, OK?

Zombo

--And, yes, I determine that

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

1. Don't hit the "report" button if you are offended by something. It goes directly to Kathy and she will have you banned. (I saved two regulars the other day) She doesn't like snitches and complainers. PM Me, Hoorta or Mark. We probably won't care, but we will likely delete the post and any ongoing argument about the post if it is truly offending. If it is not, we will laugh at you.

2. Don't bring your beefs from the political board on to the football board. We don't care about your politics. It all gets deleted anyway, so don't make us work.

3. This is not a heavily moderated board in any way. Enjoy it. We let you act like adults. You can swear, post pictures of women, beat up Steeler fans ... we don't care. Don't go after a dude's family. Don't be racist. Don't be Ghoolie ... and we'll be fine.

Zombo

GettyImages-1043894928-775x465.jpg

Of course, the best post is where you post a photo that makes fun of women who are Steeler fans, such that the photo itself beats up on Steeler fans to the point that you swear:  goddamn are those some ugly women who are Stiller fans;

fat-steelers-fan-600x347.jpg

And...oh yes:  question:  is there anything actually  that we would say about Steeler fans that  would be considered offensive? (as long as we don't go after their politics/family/race?)

And can I get a ruling:  If I say "Black and piss yellow" sucks....is that "racist"?  :o

4 hours ago, Pavo Joe said:

I'm curious on who determines if a post is actually offensive or not. You ?????? 

Me and Mark also have the ability to delete a post- (or a thread) if we find it offensive. We can also move threads to other forums if we feel they're not Browns related enough. It's been a long time since I deleted something. If you want to resort to name calling- take it to PMs, it adds nothing to the discussion, and just slows down reading through threads. 

The only thing I might add to Zombo's musings is calling a Mod nasty names is not generally looked favorably on, and probably will get you at least a kiddie time out.  Repeat it a few times, and you'll get kicked off permanently.  

The only (former) poster that has a zero tolerance around here is the departed Ghoolie. You may have noticed he was up to his old BS with a new ISP- like we might have changed our minds about his antics. That would be a big negatory. Z used the nuclear button on him as soon as we realized he was still going to pull the same crap for old times sake.  

9 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Me and Mark also have the ability to delete a post- (or a thread) if we find it offensive. We can also move threads to other forums if we feel they're not Browns related enough. It's been a long time since I deleted something. If you want to resort to name calling- take it to PMs, it adds nothing to the discussion, and just slows down reading through threads. 

The only thing I might add to Zombo's musings is calling a Mod nasty names is not generally looked favorably on, and probably will get you at least a kiddie time out.  Repeat it a few times, and you'll get kicked off permanently.  

The only (former) poster that has a zero tolerance around here is the departed Ghoolie. You may have noticed he was up to his old BS with a new ISP- like we might have changed our minds about his antics. That would be a big negatory. Z used the nuclear button on him as soon as we realized he was still going to pull the same crap for old times sake.  

I miss a little time and the guy I love to tell how wrong he is came back? Boo, what name?

8 hours ago, Zombo said:

1.. (I saved two regulars the other day) 

Lol

9 hours ago, Pavo Joe said:

I'm curious on who determines if a post is actually offensive or not.

this guy>> 7YYT.gif    3Rkw.gif    Gunz, that was a Patriots fan Boo Fagley..a well deserved permanent boot 

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Hold up.... there's other people on here besides calfox that run and cry to the mods? 

That's quite the newsflash! 

Put your thinking cap on Dutch. Z said he had to save a couple posters from banishment. Care to take a wild guess who one of them was?  :D 

• Haha 1

“So we must beware of a tyranny of opinion which tries to make only one side of a question the one which may be heard.  Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage.”

-Winston Churchill, the complete quote from the House of Commons in 1943 rather than the altered meme.

All well and good to think someone's wrong.  Un-American to think someone else doesn't have the right to reply - or to not be convinced by your brilliance.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

“So we must beware of a tyranny of opinion which tries to make only one side of a question the one which may be heard.  Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage.”

-Winston Churchill, the complete quote from the House of Commons in 1943 rather than the altered meme.

All well and good to think someone's wrong.  Un-American to think someone else doesn't have the right to reply - or to not be convinced by your brilliance.

Especially when certain people hate you because you are on a...certain side of a ...certain forum....

18 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Especially when certain people hate you because you are on a...certain side of a ...certain forum....

On 5/14/2019 at 8:46 AM, Zombo said:

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

I don't. I'm very good at separating the two. I didn't even use the "p" word in my post.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Well to comment on Sir Winston's quote, there's limits on free speech- you don't yell "he's got a gun" in a theater unless it's for real. And if we allowed absolute free speech on this board- it would devolve into a total mess in short order. You'd have trolls like Ghoolie with plenty of time on their hands posting bullshit just to piss people off.  

That's exactly what happened around 25 years ago when Internet message boards (that couldn't be moderated) were in their infancy- and getting destroyed by trolls, flamers, and anyone who wanted to sell you something. You couldn't block troll posts and other sundry garbage unless you were a total computer nerd. 

Regarding the bold- too often this just devolves into back and forth mudslinging that no one else on the board has an interest in. "I'm right, no I'm right". This is a damn football forum, not a debate society platform. And if you noticed when we were discussing the merits of Greedy Williams with a Pittsburgh fan, it usually just turns into a circular argument.  

Regarding the bold- too often this just devolves into back and forth mudslinging that no one else on the board has an interest in. "I'm right,no I'm right". This is a damn football forum, not a debate society platform. And if you noticed when we were discussing the merits of Greedy Williams with a Pittsburgh fan, it usually just turns into a circular argument.  

But that, at least, was about football.

3 hours ago, WarriorsRpussies said:

I'm a lil curious myself.

Wasn't sure who Gunz was referring to. It was Pats Fan Boo Fagley, permanently banned by Zombo- though personally I didn't find him all that obnoxious.  .  Ghoolie got the long deserved permanent ax after board owner Stan (Atenears) passed away. 

52 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Wasn't sure who Gunz was referring to. It was Pats Fan Boo Fagley, permanently banned by Zombo- though personally I didn't find him all that obnoxious.  .  Ghoolie got the long deserved permanent ax after board owner Stan (Atenears) passed away. 

Someone said he not to be named resurfaced under another name. Just curious what the new name was

On 5/14/2019 at 11:29 AM, tiamat63 said:

Really shouldn't call your mom that.

She flows deep in the heart of Texas (Brazos river near College Station) and on a hillside overlooking an elk wintering valley in Rocky Mountain National Park along with my Dad where we had half their ashes scattered together in each place.

On 5/16/2019 at 7:58 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

She flows deep in the heart of Texas (Brazos river near College Station) and on a hillside overlooking an elk wintering valley in Rocky Mountain National Park along with my Dad where we had half their ashes scattered together in each place.

...Well that took a different turn..