Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Vambo

California Dems’ bid to keep Trump off the ballot should scare all of us

Recommended Posts

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/peggy-grande-california-dems-bid-to-keep-trump-off-the-ballot-should-worry-all-of-us

Just when you think you’ve seen it all in California, there’s another surprise coming out of Sacramento.  This one not only displays unprecedented overreach, but also an absolute disregard for the United States Constitution.  The California state Senate approved a bill earlier this month to require candidates appearing on the 2020 presidential primary ballot — including President Trump — to release five years' worth of income tax returns.

A timely and conveniently biased bill, which if it becomes law, means that Trump’s name may not appear on the California primary ballot during the upcoming presidential election cycle.  And an especially egregious bill since the United States Constitution clearly states that there are only three requirements for holding the presidency.

Article II, Section 1, Clause 5 of the Constitution says to serve as president, one must:

be a natural-born U.S. citizen of the United States;

be at least thirty-five years old;

be a resident in the United States for at least fourteen years.

Although presidential candidates traditionally release their tax returns, President Trump has not done so, stating he is currently under audit.  Tradition, however, is far different than a Constitutional requirement.  And if California, or any other state, starts to add non-Constitutional requirements for office holders, there’s no telling where that would end.  Could they require a candidate to be of a certain gender, or race, sexual orientation, or even size or shape or set an arbitrary limit on a candidate’s age?  Sounds discriminatory to me. Preposterous?  Not exactly.  In fact, the state’s legislature passed a similar bill in 2017, but then-Governor Jerry Brown, a Democrat, who did not release his own tax returns, vetoed the bill.

If this bill passes now, it sets an extremely dangerous precedent by which the rights of the voter are hijacked.  In essence the legislature could determine their preferred candidate and ensure that the selection criteria for inclusion on the ballot excludes everyone except that person.  Sound crazy?  Well California is just crazy enough to do that. And has already started down that path.

The practice of ballot harvesting, illegal in several states, but recently passed in California, allows for individuals to go door to door and collect ballots from voters and submit them in bulk. In California now there’s no limit on the number of ballots that one individual can turn in, nor are they subject to the same verification process as other ballots. We saw six Congressional incumbents in California lose their seats days, some even weeks, after the midterm elections due to this practice which is a breeding ground for fraud.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The left's disregard for our constitution is always a concern for me. What has happened to California is what they would like to see happen to the rest of the country and if they are not fought back hard enough they might just get their way. Ballot harvesting turned traditionally red Orange County blue in the midterms, not Trump as some have posted.... recently we have seen the left go to court to have the courts redraw redistricting maps move favorable to them:

Scott Walker Explains Democrat’s Nefarious ‘Sue to Turn States Blue’ Plan

https://thefederalistpapers.org/opinion/scott-walker-explains-democrats-nefarious-sue-turn-states-blue-plan

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i agree with it and when a democrat witholds his/her taxes ill agree with any state that keeps them off their ballots. I dont know why this isnt mandatory but it oughta be for any politician. All of u chanted drain the swamp here so this should have been something u held trump accountable on but hypocrites do be as they be i guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

i agree with it and when a democrat witholds his/her taxes ill agree with any state that keeps them off their ballots. I dont know why this isnt mandatory but it oughta be for any politician. All of u chanted drain the swamp here so this should have been something u held trump accountable on but hypocrites do be as they be i guess

You may agree with it but the constitution doesn't which is why this bill will get struck down. The IRS is the government agency who monitors our taxes and if there is any wrong doing they are the agency responsible to handle it. What about school records? Should Obama not have been on the ballot for refusing to release his school records?  

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

You may agree with it but the constitution doesn't which is why this bill will get struck down. The IRS is the government agency who monitors our taxes and if there is any wrong doing they are the agency responsible to handle it. What about school records? Should Obama not have been on the ballot for refusing to release his school records?  

The IRS handles tax violations OBF. You know full well that the dems aren't wanting to see Trumps taxes cause he forgot to file a year or two. You know what taxes can show. And for politicians furnishing taxes to show where you're financially vested in should be the first thing you do before you can even register to run for office. Nice try though equating taxes with school records. Btw Trump has also refused to allow his academic records from Wharton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

The IRS handles tax violations OBF. You know full well that the dems aren't wanting to see Trumps taxes cause he forgot to file a year or two. You know what taxes can show. And for politicians furnishing taxes to show where you're financially vested in should be the first thing you do before you can even register to run for office. Nice try though equating taxes with school records. Btw Trump has also refused to allow his academic records from Wharton

What if a state wants a candidate to be at least 40 years old instead of 35? What if another state wants to mandate a president can only serve one term? This will be struck down in federal court. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

What if a state wants a candidate to be at least 40 years old instead of 35? What if another state wants to mandate a president can only serve one term? This will be struck down in federal court. 

they cannot argue that a younger candidate is more prone to corruption than an older. Taxes are about graft and corruption. No.politician should not have to furnish his taxes and if trump was a dem i wouldnt hsve to say those words. Y'all would be in full meme out warthunder mode over it. Which is really aggravating tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Remember guys, the Civil War was about State's Rights

Tell us again how Lincoln loved the Negroes and wanted them to be free and equal members of society. I love that story.

WSS

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate this state.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

I hate this state.

Of Ohio? Of consciousness? Of the Union? Of affairs? Of Grace?

😁

WSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live in Cali.  😓

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Of Ohio? Of consciousness? Of the Union? Of affairs? Of Grace?

😁

WSS

yeah, Steve- below his icon to the left, it says "california" - I had to check to make sure - ... lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Remember guys, the Civil War was about State's Rights

I thought it was to free the slaves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no "states rights" to rig a change in the law, in violation of the Constitution, for purely political purposes.

We're lucky they tried it so early - you'd think if they weren't so high, that they would deviously try it later, when the courts wouldn't have much time to look at it legally, process the stupidity, and over-rule them.

Now, they will over-rule them. It's jsut more clusterfook to cause chaos over losing the election at the worst possible time.

They, the left, nearly OWNED America, the Supreme Court, the House, the Presidency, the FBI/CIA/NSA/DOJ/EPA...

they could have set the wheels in motion to rig our electoral process across the board to never lose a federal election again, only approve leftwing activist judges for...ever?

   But we elected OUR REAL AMERICAN PRESIDENT and slammed the door in their faces and they have been po'd ever since, fight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, now, woody thinks those black gay slaves were the reason the Civil War happened.

"chirp, peck"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Remember guys, the Civil War was about State's Rights

Yes, and the Dems are still pissed that the GOP took away their slaves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Yes, and the Dems are still pissed that the GOP took away their slaves.

Well NFL and NBA tickets are ridiculously expensive... Just saying...

WSS

  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Yes, and the Dems are still pissed that the GOP took away their slaves.

You wonder how many NFL or NBA slaveowne.. er.. I mean owners are democrats though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2019 at 12:24 PM, calfoxwc said:

There is no "states rights" to rig a change in the law, in violation of the Constitution, for purely political 

oh thats interesting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×