THE BROWNS BOARD

Why can I find only resale tickets for Browns home games?

Jericho-79

Hello Cleveland fans. My name is Ken and I'm from New Jersey. I've been a Browns fan for almost two years now. However, I've never been to a Browns game. I've made the decision that this year will be the year when I'd attend my very first Browns game.

I've been on Ticketmaster all this week searching for tickets to any one of the Browns home games for the upcoming season.

However, for all of the Browns scheduled home games this fall, Ticketmaster is offering only resale tickets. There are virtually no regular single-game tickets available.

By contrast, there are tons of non-resale tickets available on Ticketmaster for single NY Giants home games.

Why can I find only resale tickets for Browns home games for the 2019-2020 season?

Where can I find non-resale single-game tickets?

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Thank you everyone.

• Like 1

With all of the 'hype' surrounding the team now, it will probably be harder to get tickets as the fair weather corporate bandwagon jumping fringe fans will be grabbing them.

I've been a Browns fan for almost two years now.

Are you saying that you became a Browns fan during the 0-16 season?  If so, you deserve a ticket to see a game.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, jcam222 said:

You can register to be notified on the Browns website. They will be on sale sometime this summer. If you want anything close to a good view you may want to just start shopping for the best resale deal. 

Exactly. As a season  ticket holder, the Browns recently held the online "Seat Improvement Day". Imagine a StubHub  like seat  map, with any available seats in green. NOTHING available in the 100 level between the goal lines, maybe 50 or so in the corner end zone. Unless you wanted nose bleeds way up, upper level  wasn't  any better. 

That said, doubtless the Browns have a few primo  seats reserved for visiting VIPs.

BTW, even the season ticket holders don't  have access to our tickets- yet. :) So what you're  seeing on the resale sites is season ticket holders promising you their tickets  when they actually get  them. And I've  mentioned elsewhere, there will no longer be any paper tickets. All electronic, NFL mandated due to rampant counterfeiting.

As Mark said, different  teams open up the buying windows for  single games at different times.

The resale market on really primo seats right now is at least double if not triple last years price. If they start winning I expect that to go even higher. I have 2nd row seats on the 15 yard line lower on the aisle. I have seen similar going for 4 times face. 

OP here. Thanks for the info, guys.

I'm completely ignorant as to how buy single-game tickets for home games by NFL teams who are not the NY Giants.

So all the resale Browns home game tickets that I currently see on Ticketmaster are just season ticket holders acting as scalpers?

And actual single-game tickets won't go on sale until this summer?

For the record, I've been a solid NFL fan since 2011. I was a casual Giants fan back then. Then I stopped liking the Giants in 2016, and gravitated towards the Browns. I'm impressed by how hardcore Browns fans are, in contrast to Giants fans, whose team devotion is meh at best.

• Upvote 1

Living in Tallahassee, FL...I still try and attend a Browns game every year that is somewhat close to me. Last year was the great kicker debacle in New Orleans, and while it was largely entertaining, it was still extraordinarily frustrating. That, and I didn't get to see Baker Mayfield play! 

Since there are no geographically close games to me this season, I'm going to my first Browns game in Cleveland and I can't WAIT. The game I have pegged is the Seattle Seahawks match-up, and I'm going to be very pumped to come back "home". 

Congratulations on going to your first game, brother. You picked a good time to become a Browns fan, that's for DAMN sure. Hahahaha. I won't lie, there were times during the last 20 years I almost lost my mind. It feels very strange to have so many people talking about our team now! 

26 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Living in Tallahassee, FL...I still try and attend a Browns game every year that is somewhat close to me. Last year was the great kicker debacle in New Orleans, and while it was largely entertaining, it was still extraordinarily frustrating. That, and I didn't get to see Baker Mayfield play! 

Since there are no geographically close games to me this season, I'm going to my first Browns game in Cleveland and I can't WAIT. The game I have pegged is the Seattle Seahawks match-up, and I'm going to be very pumped to come back "home". 

Congratulations on going to your first game, brother. You picked a good time to become a Browns fan, that's for DAMN sure. Hahahaha. I won't lie, there were times during the last 20 years I almost lost my mind. It feels very strange to have so many people talking about our team now! 

On 5/9/2019 at 5:18 PM, jcam222 said:

You can register to be notified on the Browns website. They will be on sale sometime this summer. If you want anything close to a good view you may want to just start shopping for the best resale deal. 

Is this the website that you're referring to?

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/tickets/single-game-tickets

How does this single-game ticket request process work?

I've never done something like this before.

Are representative gonna contact me with the public on-sale dates for single-game tickets?

On 5/10/2019 at 5:05 PM, Jericho-79 said:

OP here. Thanks for the info, guys.

I'm completely ignorant as to how buy single-game tickets for home games by NFL teams who are not the NY Giants.

So all the resale Browns home game tickets that I currently see on Ticketmaster are just season ticket holders acting as scalpers?

And actual single-game tickets won't go on sale until this summer?

For the record, I've been a solid NFL fan since 2011. I was a casual Giants fan back then. Then I stopped liking the Giants in 2016, and gravitated towards the Browns. I'm impressed by how hardcore Browns fans are, in contrast to Giants fans, whose team devotion is meh at best.

So I was correct in my thinking

On 5/9/2019 at 4:57 PM, Jericho-79 said:

Hello Cleveland fans. My name is Ken and I'm from New Jersey. I've been a Browns fan for almost two years now. However, I've never been to a Browns game. I've made the decision that this year will be the year when I'd attend my very first Browns game.

I've been on Ticketmaster all this week searching for tickets to any one of the Browns home games for the upcoming season.

However, for all of the Browns scheduled home games this fall, Ticketmaster is offering only resale tickets. There are virtually no regular single-game tickets available.

By contrast, there are tons of non-resale tickets available on Ticketmaster for single NY Giants home games.

Why can I find only resale tickets for Browns home games for the 2019-2020 season?

Where can I find non-resale single-game tickets?

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Thank you everyone.

I sent you a PM check your messages.

On 5/11/2019 at 8:38 AM, jiggins7919 said:

Just a suggestion if you're planning on coming to Cleveland. The Board annual reunion Tailgate this year is the opener against the Titans. Besides the local guys, the Brits will be there plus the out of town guys like Zombo, Mark, and me. It's also the Atenears Memorial Margarita Bash. :)

Everyone is welcome, and the details will be on the Tailgate Page.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2019 at 5:23 PM, jcam222 said:

The resale market on really primo seats right now is at least double if not triple last years price. If they start winning I expect that to go even higher. I have 2nd row seats on the 15 yard line lower on the aisle. I have seen similar going for 4 times face. 

Though you can usually find tickets that are more reasonably priced.  

On 5/10/2019 at 5:32 PM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Fuck that.  I'll watch on my 13 inch colored RCA TV.

To each their own. That's the way it works DieHard. In the depths of those losing seasons, you couldn't hardly give tickets away. NFL ticket exchange had to change the rules that you couldn't list a ticket at less than face value, because no one was getting face value for Browns tickets- anywhere. I avoid posting mine on secondary markets, because I hate the idea of opposing teams fans sitting in my seats- and let me tell you- from my 20 yard line 100 level seats, in 2017 I was essentially surrounded by fans from the opposition. (and those fans all got their tickets from Browns season ticket holders who weren't inclined to drive up for the game) My pal was getting 30 cents on the dollar for his primo seats. Supply and demand pal.  :)  Fixed supply, demand way up, prices went way up.  So yeah, a lot of fans who would like to attend games can't afford to. 

If you want to hear something crazy about inflated prices, my pals friend (a doctor) has season tickets to the Cavaliers two rows off the floor. The first time the Cavs made the NBA finals, he made so much loot reselling those seats, he was able to pay for next seasons tickets with the proceeds.  Um, that's 40 times what the regular season seats cost. When the Super Bowl was in Indy, I saw a luxury box up for grabs for you and your friends at the mere cost of $500,000.   

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Jericho-79 said:

Is this the website that you're referring to?

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/tickets/single-game-tickets

How does this single-game ticket request process work?

I've never done something like this before.

Are representative gonna contact me with the public on-sale dates for single-game tickets?

The Browns will announce the day the single game tickets will go on sale. The tickets will be guaranteed to be up in the rafters, and probably will sell out quickly this year.  

If Steve PMed you, he may have better seats he holds on to.  

OP here. Many thanks to everyone here.

I'm aiming to score tickets for the Browns' season opener against the Titans on Sept 8. I prefer to attend an afternoon game instead of an evening game, and Sept 8 is the only afternoon game that month.

I don't wish to go to any home games after September, because I figure that the weather in Cleveland will become very cold very fast.🌬️

My priority is to grab seats in the 500 level closest to the east scoreboard. In that location, I could have a good view down the field.

Will I have a rough time getting tickets for the Sept 8 game since it's the home opener, and since I want seats in a particular section?😖