THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Wednesday MayDay

The Gipper

Here are this week's questions.   Give your answers/opinions:

1. Of the Browns players drafted last week.....which one do you think will turn out to have the best career?

2. Who is your favorite former Browns player?  (feel free to name several)

3. Who, in your opinion, was the best Backup QB in Browns history?

4. So, in honor of one of the Browns draftees, this question:   What do you prefer:  Red Wine or White Wine?

5. Today is May Day, May 1st.  (It is a national holiday in many countries)  Do you have any particular memories about anything that happened to you on May Day?

6. If you could be any Game of Thrones character, who would it be?

1. Of the Browns players drafted last week.....which one do you think will turn out to have the best career?

By rights, it should be  Greedy, given he was their top pick.  But I think it could actually be Redwine. In fact, I think perhaps this guy could border on being Ed Reed like...a fellow Miami Hurricane.

Jim Brown, Bernie Kosar, Gary Collins, Brian Sipe....to name a few.

Well...you could say it was Sipe who backed up Phipps for a couple of years until it was clear that he was much better than Phipps.  But for this question I was thinking about someone who really played backup...and never did become a full time starter.  Some names:   Jim Ninowski, Mike Pagel, Josh McCown

4. So, in honor of one of the Browns draftees, this question:   What do you prefer:  Red Wine or White Wine?

I am partial to white wine myself.  The Reislings or Gerwurztraminers or the Pinot Grigios.  But if our boy Redwine becomes something...I could start drinking more reds......as an homage.

5. Today is May Day, May 1st.  (It is a national holiday in many countries)  Do you have any particular memories about anything that happened to you on May Day?

I have one:  May 1, 1976.  The previous evening I had taken the Boat Train from Victoria Station in London.  I slept on the train overnight, and in the morning when I woke up the train was just pulling into Paris to the Gare du Nord.   It was a beautiful spring morning in Paris, and the city was decorated in its finery because of the holiday. I spent a weekend there visiting a friend. I am not sure that was the day I went up the Eiffel Tower, but it may have been...or the day I visited Notre Dame Cathredral.

Hard to say.  Arya would be good because she is badass.  Jon Snow could be good, because he got to fuck the red headed wilding...and the Dragon Queen (even if he learned later that she was his auntie). But I don't know about that getting stabbed in the heart part.

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

1. Of the Browns players drafted last week.....which one do you think will turn out to have the best career?   Mack Wilson.

2. Who is your favorite former Browns player?  (feel free to name several)   Off the top of my head...Jim Brown, Bobby Mitchell, Leroy Kelly, Don Fleming, Gary Collins, Paul Warfield, Hanford Dixon, Brian Sipe, Dave Logan, Bernie Kosar, Reggie Langhorne, Brian Brennan, Ernest Byner, Josh Cribbs,  Joe Thomas.

3. Who, in your opinion, was the best Backup QB in Browns history?    Frank Ryan, who initially backed up Jim Ninowski, then lead us to our 1964 NFL Championship. Ninowski had the strong arm, but Frank had the strong mind.

4. So, in honor of one of the Browns draftees, this question:   What do you prefer:  Red Wine or White Wine?  Red Wine, but I'm a beer drinker!

5. Today is May Day, May 1st.  (It is a national holiday in many countries)  Do you have any particular memories about anything that happened to you on May Day?  May 1, 1968 was the last "1st of the month" that I spent in VietNam with the 4th Infantry Division.

6. If you could be any Game of Thrones character, who would it be? To quote Country Joe & the Fish in 1968..."Don't ask me, I don't give a damn"

Mike

Mack Wilson because 5 star h. s. players often turn into all-pros

Eric Metcalf even if he did go to that Asstin school

No opinion

Redwine naturally

A visit to the Chicken Ranch-don't really know if it was that day, but close enough to claim.💃😍

Never watch even one minute of it

5. Today is May Day, May 1st.  (It is a national holiday in many countries)  Do you have any particular memories about anything that happened to you on May Day?  May 1, 1968 was the last "1st of the month" that I spent in VietNam with the 4th Infantry Division.

That's a good one.  Glad you made it through the quagmire.

• Upvote 2

Austin Siebert

Clay Mathews, Bernie Kosar , Brian Sipe and Matt Bahr (he was a tough Mf'er)

Jim Ninowski

Dago Red (Chianti)

Nope!

Don't give a sit about GOFT

Greedy and Seibert.

Leroy Kelly, Greg Pruitt, Brian Sipe

George Ratterman

Red.

Nope.

Don't know any.

10 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Never watch even one minute of it

Your loss imo.

I already have a time waster right here, especially the poly board where minds are stuck in reverse.🚑Beep, beep, beep.🤣

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I already have a time waster right here, especially the poly board where minds are stuck in reverse.🚑Beep, beep, beep.🤣

Well...as I have said...if anyone wants my opinions on law and politics, they have to pay for those...because I didn't get degrees in those subjects not to be compensated for it.   I give away too much for free now on facebook etc. If I had wanted to do stuff for free I could have gotten a philosophy or theater degree(like my wife)

So, don't waste your time there. 

Also...I assume that you do do things for entertainment....watch TV, movies, etc.?   GOT is better likely than anything you would see in either of those venues.

9 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well...as I have said...if anyone wants my opinions on law and politics, they have to pay for those...because I didn't get degrees in those subjects not to be compensated for it.   I give away too much for free now on facebook etc. If I had wanted to do stuff for free I could have gotten a philosophy or theater degree(like my wife)

So, don't waste your time there. 

Also...I assume that you do do things for entertainment....watch TV, movies, etc.?   GOT is better likely than anything you would see in either of those venues.

Yesterday I spent reading in the library after going to the VA for a tetanus shot. Long story short I was trying to a find a lost cat in woods with high weeds with dogs barking at the "outback" and I came across some old ranch barbed wire hiding in there with my bare legs. I ran out with shorts on when I heard the neighbor dogs barking past their back fencing looking into the woods. Cat came wandering out from behind a TV armoire about 830 that night after I had already posted cat lost signs, contacted animal shelters with her chip number and posted on two local websites her picture as MIA. She pleaded not guilty with a grin on her face on the way to the food bowl.😸

11 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Yesterday I spent reading in the library after going to the VA for a tetanus shot. Long story short I was trying to a find a lost cat in woods with high weeds with dogs barking at the "outback" and I came across some old ranch barbed wire hiding in there with my bare legs. I ran out with shorts on when I heard the neighbor dogs barking past their back fencing looking into the woods. Cat came wandering out from behind a TV armoire about 830 that night after I had already posted cat lost signs, contacted animal shelters with her chip number and posted on two local websites her picture as MIA. She pleaded not guilty with a grin on her face on the way to the food bowl.😸

WTF?  Is that your May Day story?

On 5/1/2019 at 7:44 AM, The Gipper said:

1.  Greedy Williams

2.  Gregg Pruitt, Brian Sipe, Cleo Miller, Thom Darden, Bernie Kosar, Brian Brennan, Bob Golic, Eric Metcalf.   To name a few.

3.  Mark Miller, Don Strock

4. Red

5.  can't say that I do

6. Never seen an episode.

On 5/1/2019 at 10:44 AM, The Gipper said:

Forbes

Jim Brown

Bill Nelson

Red

?

6. If you could be any Game of Thrones character, who would it be?  Never watched it

Hopefully Williams

Lou Groza, Jim Brown, Ozzie Newsome

No opinion

I think what Socrates said- "Whatever the other guy is pouring me."   Seriously though red. Bordeaux or West Coast reds. I'm warming up to pinot noirs- as long as they're less than $30- that rules out just about every decent red burgundy. Warm weather I tend to drink more whites.  :) They say you should only drink port in months that have an "R" in them, but on my Friday trip to the Pine Club I drink Graham 10 year tawny  (it's more brownish than red) in Mayr, Juner, Jurly, and Argust.  :D  

Nope.

I can honestly say I've never watched an episode of Game of Thrones. I do have a couple episodes on my DVR I haven't gotten around to watching yet when Directv had a   weekend HBO freebie.  The only time I've actually paid money for HBO was last year for a couple months when the Browns were on Hard Knocks. 

1. Takix2

2. Josh Cribbs

3. Kelly Holcomb?

4. Red

5. I got laid

6. Khal Drogo

On 5/1/2019 at 4:44 PM, The Gipper said:

1. I'm not high on either Greedy or Takitaki, so I'll say Mack Wilson. If I had to CHOOSE, I'd prefer that the future HOFer would be Seibert... A good kicker opens up a lot of possibilities.

2. Joe Thomas. I love the man. 

3. Don't know many, so I'll go McCown.

4. Red wine all the way.

5. I don't remember.

6. GoT is the most overrated series as of lately. First 2 maybe 3 season were brilliant, now it is fan food. Everything goes the way fans would love to. A lot of CGI, special effects, fire... It is spectacular? Yes. It is good? Meh. I now only watch it to get to know the ending, and many friends of mine are in the same position. 

My favorite character, thanks to how it developed, is Theon. I think he portrays the most believeable character arc. 

I like him, but Jaime Lannister should be dead a long time ago, either when he got his hand cut or when he fell into a pond with full armor. 

Nobody has a pleasant dead, so I would go with Khal Drogo, who had one of the best lives.

That's tough - a tie between Greedy and Wilson? or Redwine on special teams? crap.

Kosar, Sipe, Clay Mathews, Jerry Sherk, Hanford Dixon, *Leroy Kelly*, and...

*Milt Morin* - I loved how these guys played the game. Milt Morin was amazing.

Bill Nelson - he had those bad knees - only backed up Ryan for a few ? games, I think.

Redwine, of course. I had him in my sights before the draft. I got one right. Except, I don't drink at all.

Visiting Kent State with my best friend - had been working in a machine shop to pay off my '66 Chevy Bel Air. Loved that car. 250 straight six, three on the column....155 hp... 4 door, maroon metallic.... anyways, decided I was going to go to Kent State, on a Friday, and went with him to his classes, and we watched and laughed at the hippies at the big rally. Saturday night, the ROTC building burned down, and Monday, I went again, on the 4th, and we were in his commie prof's sociology class, she was running down America and I figured I wasn't getting a grade, so I stood up and read her the riot act, the rest of the class gave me an ovation, and she got pissed and realized I wasn't even a student there, ordered me out, and just then some long haired kid burst in, and said the National Guard were shooting and kids were shot. I knew a few people who were there early on, and saw the hippies bringing in bags of rocks. And, later,  those rocks were picked up frantically off the commons, to cta. (cover their asses).

Somewhere, I have a dozen pictures of the National Guard and the crowd earlier that morning. While we were walking, quickly off campus after class was cancelled, we saw two big tall hippies picking on a lone National Guardsman guarding some jeeps and trucks in a parking lot. They were giving him crap, dropping wild flowers on his head, etc, and we crossed the street to go put a stop to it, but halfway across, the two hippies tried to put some gravel down the barrel of his rifle, and he whipped that rifle around, and stuck it in their faces, ordered them to back off and they STFU and backed away, apologizing and ran off. Those were two idiots I never saw again.

no idea, never saw it. Never will.

Calfox, the guy who runs to the moderators on here when his snowflake feelings get hurt, trying to portray himself like some badass at Kent State around the shootings. That's adorable. 🤣🤣🤣

LOL

I was just learning my way around - I was going to start there, spent a year working to pay off my car.

Should have kept that car - but the frame rusted out and there was no place to mount shocks anymore.

Wish I had kept that engine though. dammit.

8 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

LOL

I was just learning my way around - I was going to start there, spent a year working to pay off my car.

Should have kept that car - but the frame rusted out and there was no place to mount shocks anymore.

Wish I had kept that engine though. dammit.

I know. You were a hippie wannabe. Never made the grade?🤪

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

I know. You were a hippie wannabe. Never made the grade?🤪

ha. trust me - I was always the anti-hippie. always have been. I never smoked any kind of cigarette.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

What kind of a metallic maroon Will go to classes at the University when he’s not even a student there.

The same kind of pussy who tries to convince people on here he's some kind of hard ass? 

There isn't a word of his bullshit Kent State story that is true... The guy who thought Ben Roethlisberger played for the Miami Hurricanes showed up a college professor in her own classroom? The guy who runs and cries to moderators on this board when he gets his ass handed to him walked across the street to show some hippies whose boss? BULLSHIT 😁 If cal walked across the street on me I'd bitchslap the white off the mouth-breathing moron. 

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/05/sean-taylors-father-says-training-browns-safety-sheldrick-redwine-has-been-therapeutic.html

Sean Taylor’s father says training Browns safety Sheldrick Redwine has been therapeutic

Updated May 4, 2019; Posted May 4, 2019