THE BROWNS BOARD

The Scottish Hammer

PoeticG

46 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

My guess is that the top selling CUSTOM jersey this year will be #7 with HAMMER (not GILLAN) on the back.

Mike

WHile walking to the gate ...#1) Please Keep all CHUBB jerseys at your right shoulder..HAMMER CHUBB (never reverse the order :o) #2) Get that Danny Shelton Lava Lava to a tailor shop & shorten it up to a Hammer style Kilt...good luck & a old leghumper maybe required 🍺

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

WHile walking to the gate ...#1) Please Keep all CHUBB jerseys at your right shoulder..HAMMER CHUBB (never reverse the order :o) #2) Get that Danny Shelton Lava Lava to a tailor shop & shorten it up to a Hammer style Kilt...good luck & a old leghumper maybe required 🍺

Old Leghumper is ALWAYS required!!

Mike

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

I was on Hammer's bandwagon from the get-go. Far younger, stronger, but what really sold me was HIS FABULOUS BEAUTIFUL LONG HAIR I saw in interviews & when he was working. The only concern I had was his holding for the kicker, but that has been answered.

Mike

FIFY. Dont try to hide the truth, Mike :P

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Right after the above photo was taken, Mike's barber called to tell him he forgot something...

image.png.92146d602e7955dc4cfe776aec11a005.png

My HAIR, my HAIR! What happened to my long, beautiful hair??  (boo-hoo)  :rolleyes:

Mike

18 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

I was on Hammer's bandwagon from the get-go. Far younger, stronger, but what really sold me was the ATTITUDE I saw in interviews & when he was working. The only concern I had was his holding for the kicker, but that has been answered.

My guess is that the top selling CUSTOM jersey this year will be #7 with HAMMER (not GILLAN) on the back.

Mike

I just checked Szabo's website, the Hammer T is now available. $20, and part of the proceeds go to the Wounded Warrior project.  Gonna get myself one.....

11 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Thanks, I'm a fan of long hair. :lol: Here I am with Grandson Michael.....

lmNLux-6G8S84frBA4X08dNXVOxLp5_cKmba8JwRH1_TiDT-hJfACZSn22wIddF-JMyGkQweLjq_rupmxsg05daQ2vqS71-xSjeqBRwZLEKgBiTtv6sqVJxuN0g229Rdjh0XdpjTMQC9v6ecXqwNXM9WaFDJXDg8aHIIghFoJ9o-iIKyBnogMws1k0QSfIG4q9DxtgKfbx4mWf3kThUukLoihEjsLJxJNumRzIR8LYHalXjihMZsJy22-S_cLdKydYAijJaRiFXC9ekNg7rXUnN3E945pdATpS9bARaSEkLqb0yZ45bMd47yGsNs3dUWm4oP5vaF61BHXmNTSvtK8EBkehy246v8JBlVCj8SZgyeGw7q5FeExnz7gWzzz9eKz5spry9U7Ei-vmBKN5d1FK3wXVvOCVFM3_9X9AzGLI2sEpCs1MMS_E_LJKhDatmscrnTYAqXJwwhF65Dlt67mqjhm6ITB3E-NII3imVOAUBmfZ1YkR_dqEWU8Bv6DTqthX9ebysTAmt2Rikj1LH64SlQMH6Y0m1DNS7bqWLyqsYK8hkgyJQNP9r--wVqiDZStfDK0KkjzPpz-6MLfpFDFlh9p-arap_YkFz0kvVjx6fhPa_MexP282PB1SnklH313eUnusUSCWIcyhkkvAsKb5UFh-R8vJmZF1bUr9dgBWsjob5_cmzKHg=w804-h603-no

Mike

I only see this:

image.thumb.png.5dc245a376e82dd6e19c14ebf5b489c7.png

I'm stunned at how well Hammer is doing. It should be noted that Colquitt is averaging 47 yards a punt in Minnesota, but Hammer is the freakin AFC Special Teams player of the month, which is nuts, right? The most insane aspect of Hammer's kicks is that virtually all of them don't get returned. He has nice hang time and we somehow have terrific coverage now. Yes! 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I'm stunned at how well Hammer is doing. It should be noted that Colquitt is averaging 47 yards a punt in Minnesota, but Hammer is the freakin AFC Special Teams player of the month, which is nuts, right? The most insane aspect of Hammer's kicks is that virtually all of them don't get returned. He has nice hang time and we somehow have terrific coverage now. Yes! 

Just remember back when it was just about unanimous here that we needed to rid ourselves of such a poor ST coach. Funny how much effect that change has had on that previously sadly lacking aspect of our overall team.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Just remember back when it was just about unanimous here that we needed to rid ourselves of such a poor ST coach. Funny how much effect that change has had on that previously sadly lacking aspect of our overall team.

If I could like this post a dozen times I would. It's obvious to me that special teams are a major focus for our football team (finally) and I'm VERY pleased with the results through one quarter of the season. I still think we're in for some heartache regarding FG's, but I want to be wrong. We're actually due for a big special teams play or even defensive touchdown...wouldn't THAT be nice?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Wish we could find a decent returner. We have not had a good return man since Cribbs. 

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

From Amos Jones to Mike Priefer......Talk about going from "Worst to First".

Mike

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, medicineman said:

Wish we could find a decent returner. We have not had a good return man since Cribbs. 

He can kick, tackle and hold the ball for field goals pretty good. Maybe we should let him try returning some kicks too. Josh could return and cover good but not kick. A triple threat punter........dwell on that for a moment

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Well said!   Meatball on spaghetti, a lot of his punts are pinning opponents inside their 20 yard line...

50 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Draft that kid!  Lol

almost a 49'er? some of the the best fairy tale writers can't make this up....  https://www.bleacherreport.com/articles/2853470-meet-scottish-hammer-jamie-gillan-nfls-long-shot-long-haired-rugby-punter  can ya image popping 3 of 4 official Wilson footballs? 🏈   

27 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

almost a 49'er? some of the the best fairy tale writers can't make this up....  https://www.bleacherreport.com/articles/2853470-meet-scottish-hammer-jamie-gillan-nfls-long-shot-long-haired-rugby-punter  can ya image popping 3 of 4 official Wilson footballs? 🏈   

I have heard more than one football coach say that the punt is the single most important play in the game.  I’m glad they drafted this kid and hope he has a long career here. 

42 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

From Amos Jones to Mike Priefer......Talk about going from "Worst to First".

Mike

YAHTZEE!  It's very refreshing Mike!

The guy before Amos (Chris Tabor) who went to Chicago to throw their last minute playoff rally from a very doable FG into quicksand.  Talk about a buzz kill.   Chicago also finished 32nd (last) in kick returns in a windy city where touchbacks are very infrequent in the cold months of November and December. 

A couple dejavues there. We had that same Cody Parkey miss 3 kicks for us in an OT loss to Miami under Tabor's leadership.  We also remembered how unimpressive our return units were under Tabor with all the repeated blocks in the back and holding penalties we witnessed (even on freakin touch-backs and fair catches). 

I still remember our FG unit with a chance to beat the Rats on Monday or Thursday Night Football - only to watch them block the kick and return it for a TD.  Knowing Harbaugh's very first coaching position after being promoted from the Strength and Conditioning staff in Philly was STs - you woulda thunk STs would have been more disciplined and better prepared for the matchups with Harbaugh's team. Unfortunately, no team tar and feathered our STs units more than Ratville.    And then there's the opener our defense held LeVeon Bell to about 2 yards a carry when the game winning points for Pittsburgh could be found with their blocked punt and recovery in the end zone. 

Lucky for Amos, we were kind of used to the extended football follies on special teams.  Lucky for us, Dorsey didn't want us to remain used to it...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Jim Tressel was one of them.

Speaking of Tressel, yesterday I heard one of the commentators mention a Tressel was the DC of Michigan State.   I didn't catch the first name; but I couldn't help but wonder if it was Jim's son.  It would kind of make sense considering D'Antonio was Jim Tressel's DC when they won the National Championship. 

9 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Speaking of Tressel, yesterday I heard one of the commentators mention a Tressel was the DC of Michigan State.   I didn't catch the first name; but I couldn't help but wonder if it was Jim's son.  It would kind of make sense considering D'Antonio was Jim Tressel's DC when they won the National Championship. 

Certainly could be his son. 

3 hours ago, Flugel said:

Mike is Jim Tressel's nephew. His father is Dick Tressel (Jim's brother) who at one time was the RB coach at Ohio State. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I have heard more than one football coach say that the punt is the single most important play in the game.  I’m glad they drafted this kid and hope he has a long career here. 

We DIDN'T draft him. We signed Jamie Gillan aka HAMMER as a UDFA. Just anotheer great signing by Dorsey & staff.

Mike