THE BROWNS BOARD

The Scottish Hammer

PoeticG

On March 21, 2019, Hogan re-signed with the Broncos.

Broncos have Flacco, Lock and Hogan. That's a pretty good QB room. 

24 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

What is a has-been, a rookie, and a never-was, Alex? 

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Not a QB room I would trade ours for. Not even close.

Mike

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Broncos have Flacco, Lock and Hogan.  

Earth'ed, meet Wind, meet Fire'd...🦄 

• Haha 1

Hammer Time?! 

I love our current punter, but having competition is never a bad thing. The only benefit of having the Scottish Hammer is that every time he punts the ball we could blast "Can't Touch This" through the stadium. 

On 4/30/2019 at 4:49 PM, PoeticG said:

Both he and siebert handled both kicking field goals and punting at their respective colleges. If both make the team we will have some versatility if one or the other gets hurt in a game. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Hammer Time?! 

every time he punts the ball we could blast "Can't Touch This" through the stadium. 

FW4v.gif    careful..never gets old 😂 ...🔨 time !   

• Haha 2

This Video went crazy for months in the Carolinas..Kinda a cool story.. This was Graham Gano doing his job warming up before the 2nd half of week 1 of 2014, down in Tampa Bay.Marquel Ballard was a freshman Trombonist doing his job performing at halftime as a member of the Bethune Cookman band. The Panthers ended up winning the game. But Gano wanted to apologize after the game, but band was gone.Gano contacted the school to find the professor of the band, to contact trombonist. Became somewhat distant good friends with Marquel. Gano found out that the band member Marquel was truly a Atlanta Falcons fan growing up there..Come Week 17 of 2014, the Panthers played in Atlanta. Gano made sure Marquel owned 2 tickets with Field Passes when Gano got to have that face to face apology..    Edit--- Full circle.. Preseason Week 3 is our full dress rehearsal game in Tampa Bay. The Place kicker's war should be at full flame at that time..Marquel Ballard get that band back on the field at every Browns kickers warm-up ;).. Good on you Gano..       

• Upvote 1

Competition is never a bad thing, but I really don't see the point in bringing in another punter when we already have a very good one.  It'd be one thing if Colquitt wasn't any GOOD, but the guy has performed admirably, and he only counts for $2.7 million against the cap.  Now, that might sound like a lot for a punter, but considering the fact that he's probably the guy that holds for FG's in addition to punting duties, I'd be happy to pay that salary.  I just hope we don't cut Colquitt to save a few bucks, that's what concerns me.  

13 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Competition is never a bad thing, but I really don't see the point in bringing in another punter when we already have a very good one.  It'd be one thing if Colquitt wasn't any GOOD,

Agreed.  Except the guy can also kick FG's if needed.  That's kinda' handy.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Since this is the internet where wild speculation and half cocked opinions run rampant, I’m starting to wonder if the Scottish Hammer isn’t a raw yet potentially generational talent? At least whatever the hell a “generational talent” is for a punter. 

It’s almost like he heard Kitchens’ comment about hang time and said, “Hang time? Here’s your hang time...” and hang time there was. Lots and lots of hang time.

And he looks nothing like a typical punter. That guy has the potential to get laid more than any punter has ever ever gotten laid in the history of punter’s getting laid. 

• Haha 1

Nothing against either of the punters but that position is the least of our concerns, Don't we still have Britten or whatever his name is under contract? If it is not broke don't fuck with it, focus on getting us a real kicker and for the Love of God stop showing pictures of Scott Player. 

3 hours ago, medicineman said:

Nothing against either of the punters but that position is the least of our concerns, Don't we still have Britten or whatever his name is under contract? If it is not broke don't fuck with it, focus on getting us a real kicker and for the Love of God stop showing pictures of Scott Player. 

Looks to me like kicker got settled Friday with Seibert's 4 for 4, all right down the middle. This just turned into a no-brainer decision.

56 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

Unless Joseph goes 4 for 4 next week....then what?

If Joseph is the same as last year, some of his GOOD FGs had us Fans holding our breath. Talk about FUGLY!!!  😲

Mike