THE BROWNS BOARD

Game of Thrones Final Season

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I'm not watching any of it until it's available to stream so I can watch an episode every day or two. Week at a time doesn't cut it for me. Right now we're watching Marcella NFL Hall of Game of Thrones is available afterwards we will probably start on that.

WSS

Well....I have done that in the past.....but with this being the Final Season, and there being so many spoilers out there, I decided I would just go ahead and view it when each episode comes out.

On 4/30/2019 at 1:12 AM, The Gipper said:

How do you all think it’s going so far

So far the main story line was unsatisfying-ly wrapped. It may be a big swerve though. I've got some theories about where it goes from here but as Steve basically hamstrung us from any meaningful discussion by not watching I'll refrain. 

9 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

So far the main story line was unsatisfying-ly wrapped. It may be a big swerve though. I've got some theories about where it goes from here but as Steve basically hamstrung us from any meaningful discussion by not watching I'll refrain. 

I don’t really think that the war against the white walkers was the main storyline. The main storyline has always been Cersei versus the Danaeyus or versus Jon Snow or Tyrion or some combination of that. And that is not determined.

On 5/5/2019 at 10:29 PM, The Cysko Kid said:

As the walkers made their debut in season 1 and cersei didn't take the throne at all until season, what, 5 or 6? I don't think that's always been the main story line. 

The Starks versus the Lannister’s was always the main storyline I mean we went whole season without the white walkers showing up at times. 

I am not complaining about the way it ended. 

SPOILER ALERTS:  Do not read further if you do not want the way the story ended to be revealed at this time.

I assumed it possible that Danaerys would bite it because she went Mad Queen there at the end.  It was just a question of who would do it...and what would happen to them. 

Jon Snow ending up in the north above the wall seemed right....as that had been his natural habitat for much of the show.

Because of the distrust that  Sansa had for Danaerys, it was always possible that she would want the North to be on its own, and that happened.

Arya going off on some unknown adventure also seemed logical.  She was not ever going to be "a lady of Westeros"...she said so all along.

Tyrion becoming the Hand of the King....also logical.  It was a job best suited for him, and it for him. 

It was logical for the Dothraki and the Unsullied to go back to Essos once Dany was dead, and not be queen.  Their purpose in Westeros had been served.

Brienne becoming the Leader of the King's Guard: again, logical given her talents as a warrior/knight. Podrick becoming a Kingsguard, also perfectly logical. 

Sir Davos serving on the King's Council.....a no brainer.

Bron's  appointment to the King's Council as the "Master of Coin"....a bit of a surprise, though it is not surprising that he felt that the first order of business should be to get the Brothels of King's Landing up and running again. 

Of course the big surprise was that Brandon was named King.  That is probably the thing that people are most complaining about. I suspect they thought there would be some big battle royale between Jon Snow and Dany.   But if you learned anything from these years of watching GOT...it was to expect the unexpected. Though, apparently, to the Broken Boy who can see the past, present, and apparently the future....it was of no surprise to him. "Why do you think he came all that way"?

Certainly there are other issues that you can ask questions about:

How did Samwell become the Chief Maester...when he had  apparently abandoned the idea of becoming a Maester?

Will Drogon be gone for good as the last remaining Dragon in that world?

Why is The Wall and the Night's Watch necessary since the White Walkers are gone and peace has essentially been make with the Wildings?

And, by the way....one question never really answered:  What WAS the name of the planet that this story all took place in?  They never said. (and I don't think it is in the books). And no one ever really questioned, as I recall, whether or not they lived on a Sphere though I guess in something I read there was some indication that sometime in history someone had sailed to the West of Westeros...and ended up in the east of Essos. 

So, no, you just missed out on a great tale of our times  for not watching....though...if you want, you can go watch the whole thing on DVD.  I kind of did that with Breaking Bad.  I did not watch it when it came out, but binge watched the first 4 seasons, and then only watched the final season as it was currently shown.

11 hours ago, JPPT1974 said:

You all could had written the show much more better than the actual writers itself. Heard it felt also very rushed.

What do you mean you "heard".  Did you not see it? 

I guess the reason it seemed rushed...to me, having seen it, is that they "dealt with" the two major conflicts...the war with the White Walkers, and the War against Cersei in the course of just three episodes.  They didn't really have all the internecine maneuverings between those two major battles the way they have done so in other seasons.  It did kind of seem like they just wanted to "get it over with".

Okay. So last week I backed up to season 7 and watched it again before we binged the final season. Watching one or two episodes per day. 

I had quite a few predictions that did not come true. Some of them I'd have written into the script had I been one of the writers.

I'm assuming these guys aren't all that tied to the rules of classic theater especially what's known as the tragic flaw. That means a character who is committed an evil act must die at the end regardless of redemption. I assumed Cersei Lannister was going to die but I gave Jamie a 50/50 chance. I thought the tragic flaw would certainly take Tyrion down because he killed his father. I did not expect Daenerys to show her true Targaryen colors but she did and had to go. I had Arya Stark doing that deed about 55/45. I would have written the White Walker Dragon seen differently. I'd of had the night King order it to burn Daenerys but the little tiny bit of dragon Humanity inside the undead creature would shine through and it would not be able to do it.

I did not expect to Jon Snow to take the black but actually that's where he was in his element and he seemed happy to be there. Actually I would have guessed he remained King of the North but... he could have wound up on the iron throne and appointed Brianne as Warden of the North oh, maybe 35 / 65. But I did like the idea that the dragon destroyed the iron throne for all time.

I have never thought the character of brand the broken was strong enough character but apparently they did.

My major disappointment with the ending it's not for any particular plot device but the fact that it's over and I thoroughly enjoyed watching the series. 

WSS

I might be the only person to not watch the show

But then again i don’t pay for TV. So there’s that