THE BROWNS BOARD

Gerald McCoy/ Mike Daniels

darren15

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Read a musing today that McCoy just might drag out signing past the upcoming mandatory mini-camps.

I was thinking that may be a possibility. We'll see soon enough.

Mike

From Mayfield Village,Ohio..Bake's Kids Camp(cool video) He's working on McCoy too.. https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/06/baker-mayfield-says-hes-recruiting-gerald-mccoy-eager-for-a-full-house-at-browns-minicamp.html    

• Thanks 1

o26.gif      WFH.gif                                             So the Cat gets out of the bag to my wife, about the McCoy trade possibles.. And the Card night Saturday, turns into why the Panthers will sign McCoy..I say "not a chance, McCoy will be a Brownie if winning enough games is his word". And before the wifes 4th "any updates on McCoy trade"? today.. am off to float the river.. for like several hours 😂..Let's get this done Dorse.. https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/02/panthers-browns-ravens-gerald-mccoy-2019-projections/  🤫   

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

o26.gif      WFH.gif                                             So the Cat gets out of the bag to my wife, about the McCoy trade possibles.. And the Card night Saturday, turns into why the Panthers will sign McCoy..I say "not a chance, McCoy will be a Brownie if winning enough games is his word". And before the wifes 4th "any updates on McCoy trade"? today.. am off to float the river.. for like several hours 😂..Let's get this done Dorse.. https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/02/panthers-browns-ravens-gerald-mccoy-2019-projections/  🤫   

Well...it would NOT be a trade, as he is a free agent.  The Browns would not have to give up anything to get him but money.

13 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well...it would NOT be a trade, as he is a free agent.  The Browns would not have to give up anything to get him but money.

could ya tell i was ready to get out of the house.:lol:.I'd almost bet in your baseball days, they called you the "sacrifice squeezer" ;)..some Panther fans are not that bright 💭..and they owe me about 35 bucks. Playing with some panthers cards on their turf. That i swore i might have seen 5 face cards all night..They come to Cleveland cards next week.. I'll get even, with them squeezers too..

8 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

could ya tell i was ready to get out of the house.:lol:.I'd almost bet in your baseball days, they called you the "sacrifice squeezer" ;)..some Panther fans are not that bright 💭..and they owe me about 35 bucks. Playing with some panthers cards on their turf. That i swore i might have seen 5 face cards all night..They come to Cleveland cards next week.. I'll get even, with them squeezers too..

Maybe your problem is that you have not been giving your wife enough "sacrifice squeezes". 

1 year 4M at signing/3M base/500k Camp Bonus/500k per game on 46 man active/Sack bonus=6.5 sacks =500k. 8 sacks-1.5M ect.ect./250k if he makes the pro-bowl/250k if Panthers make the playoffs(ah nah! see Saints)..Total deal could MAX. 10.25M..Rumors not confirmed*--McCoy took less money than other deals? is rumored, to play the revenge card against Bucs week 2 & 6 while staying in the familiar NFC South..and no issue in Tampa giving McCoy's #93 to Suh Monday with Arians saying "McCoy just don't fit our Defensive scheme"..🤔..guess i will be grilling the wife some tv dinners..all this week;) 

• Haha 1

Eh, don't need him anyway.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

1 year 4M at signing/3M base/500k Camp Bonus/500k per game on 46 man active/Sack bonus=6.5 sacks =500k. 8 sacks-1.5M ect.ect./250k if he makes the pro-bowl/250k if Panthers make the playoffs(ah nah! see Saints)..Total deal could MAX. 10.25M..Rumors not confirmed*--McCoy took less money than other deals? is rumored, to play the revenge card against Bucs week 2 & 6 while staying in the familiar NFC South..and no issue in Tampa giving McCoy's #93 to Suh Monday with Arians saying "McCoy just don't fit our Defensive scheme"..🤔..guess i will be grilling the wife some tv dinners..all this week;) 

So, a couple of questions:

What did the Browns offer him, if known?  (can we assume it was less than this incentive laden deal?  Did the Browns offer an incentive laden deal?) This deal also leaves the Panthers with almost -0- cap space.  Someone above said they would need to cut their other starting DT to make room for McCoy

And does this indicate that the "I want to play for a certain contender"  was just a smokescreen?   The primary cog for the Panthers, Cam Newton, is just coming off serious shoulder surgery...the kind that cause  Andrew Luck to miss a year.  And even with him the Vegas over/under for that team was projected as less than both the Browns and Ravens:

Carolina Panthers

• 2019 Win Total: 8 (over +100 /under -120)
  • 2018 Wins: 7

Bottom line....he wasn't getting the money he wanted from the AFCN teams, and the incentive laden contract was the best he could do....and maybe the other incentive was to play against the Bucs twice a year.  That..I can understand.

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

Eh, don't need him anyway.

Need?  Maybe not.  But the Browns could have used him, for sure, in my mind, given a shallow depth chart at DT:

T 65 Ogunjobi, Larry 17/3 91 Price, Brian SF18 94 Davis, Carl W/Bal 96 Ekuale, Daniel CF18    
DT 98 Richardson, Sheldon U/Min 93 Coley, Trevon SF16 99 Lawrence, Devaroe T/NO

rumor is the Browns offered him 8. They don't know if that was after incentives. And signing with Carolina he gets to play the Bucs twice a year. Ah well, at least he didn't stiff us for the shitbirds. Still tho...i'm not comfortable with our interior D if either Sheldon or Jobi get hurt. I don't want to see Jobi out there playing hurt like he had to last year. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

So, a couple of questions:

1.What did the Browns offer him, if known?  (can we assume it was less than this incentive laden deal?  Did the Browns offer an incentive laden deal?) (let more of the smoke clear from our end.It will & it reads as if the Ravens tossed More Money than us..News to me, but McCoy also has a friendship with Newton.. Newton>Lamar..  This deal also leaves the Panthers with almost -0- cap space.  Someone above said they would need to cut their other starting DT to make room for McCoy No,read below, they took a different path imo

And does this indicate that the "I want to play for a certain contender"  was just a smokescreen? (division familiar, closest to home, but maybe not there next year?)All 3 could contend, but what is believable, am also reading that McCoy likes Ron Rivera as a proven HC, verse Freddie is the unknown)  The primary cog for the Panthers, Cam Newton, is just coming off serious shoulder surgery...the kind that cause  Andrew Luck to miss a year. (reading anybodies believed medical report is a bad idea..I read Cam is throwing, How well? can't tell ya..Panthers media can't either.. 

Bottom line....he wasn't getting the money he wanted from the AFCN teams, and the incentive laden contract was the best he could do....and maybe the other incentive was to play against the Bucs twice a year.  That..I can understand.

To cut Panthers DT Poe would cost 9.3M..Kwan Short 17M:o They choose the other draftable road, in what their seeing in shells & shorts at OTa's..Ron Rivera is a well known gambler..1)Their 1st pick was Brian Burns to replace J.Peppers..2)They are counting big time on their 2nd round pick T Greg Little-Old Miss..Panthers cut T Matt Kalil which took 7.5M off books/a cap hit of 4.9M. Combine this with WR Torrey Smith playing for 2M dollars less at 3M this season.Done over the weekend. 3) Their 3rd pick was QB Will Grier..With McCoy on the books,and related moves, the Panthers own 10K in cap space..Only having to pay two draftee's left A.)T Greg Little B.) DE Brian Burns..they may only squeeze under the cap by what Torrey Smith saved them over the weekend. They will slowly build cap back up getting down to 53..but it's a high risky injury business when jobs become on the line..Da Panthers are living up to Riverboat Ron's calling cards..Just one guys opinion, and they all vary living in Carolina right now.. F'em... Go Browns!! proven by last seasons scoreboard..we own the better talent than the Kitty cats 

On 4/30/2019 at 7:28 AM, Clevfan4life said:

ok, 13m for mccoy right now is maybe too steep unless he's willing to restructure. Heres another thought....the 9'ers are looking to moce soloman thomas..forner #3 pick. 2 years left on his rookie deal. 6'3 280 is a nice rotational DE type who could play inside on certain downs. Maybe we can develop him better than SF, i dunno....just a thought.

But we could send duke to SF for him plus more potentially. 

It's way too steep for a backup. His Replacements only getting 9 and change.

And I'd rather have Suh.

WSS

9 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

rumor is the Browns offered him 8.

Still tho...i'm not comfortable with our interior D if either Sheldon or Jobi get hurt. I don't want to see Jobi out there playing hurt like he had to last year. 

How about Chris Smith?

“Chris Smith can play on the edge, but his value has always been more on the interior over the course of his career. This will be worth keeping an eye on under Steve Wilks as to where they try to utilize him. His box score hasn’t been great there, but his rate for generating pressure has been substantially higher inside.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nflspinzone.com/2019/03/30/cleveland-browns-complete-defensive-line/amp/

1 hour ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

How about Chris Smith?

“Chris Smith can play on the edge, but his value has always been more on the interior over the course of his career. This will be worth keeping an eye on under Steve Wilks as to where they try to utilize him. His box score hasn’t been great there, but his rate for generating pressure has been substantially higher inside.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nflspinzone.com/2019/03/30/cleveland-browns-complete-defensive-line/amp/

Glad somone else is mentioning Smith.  He, much like Zettel, brings great flexibility to this dline in the mold that both are edge defenders with the strength to move inside in sub packages, passing downs and 4end looks. 

5 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

How about Chris Smith?

i prefer smith at DE

from what am hearing from Duke..How much does DT Damon 'Snacks' Harrison want at Lions? Snacks,is sitting it out in detroit.. 

1 minute ago, gumby73 said:

from what am hearing from Duke..How much does DT Damon 'Snacks' Harrison want at Lions? Snacks,is sitting it out in detroit.. 

Wanting a long term contract extension...          Not sure the Browns are willing to offer him that.

7 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Wanting a long term contract extension...          Not sure the Browns are willing to offer him that.

tell the man he's age 30..just looked..he wants more than 6.7M this season & 1 more season, really pending..Nobody enjoys Matt Patricia's boot camp

20 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

i prefer smith at DE

And like Zettel, is his base position.   I'm merely saying they offer flexibility along the front by being able to move around.

4 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

tell the man he's age 30..just looked..he wants more than 6.7M this season & 1 more season, really pending

You can tell whatever you like to some people - doesn't mean they listen.