THE BROWNS BOARD

Gerald McCoy/ Mike Daniels

darren15

Here's my take Cleve..Garrett last season was the only player on D to play over 1000 snaps. Led the league with 1093 85.9% and 82 more on ST..Ogun finished just behind Donald in 7th place with 992/62 more on ST..Coley saw 691 in his worst season he's played..These new coaches can't continue to let their gas pumps, run out of gas late in games..G.McCoy(758) & Frank Clark(734).I've seen Daniels play 3 seasons of all 16 games from 13-2016.I've seen Pettine blow Daniels playing weight up to ala D.Shelton at 310lbs. Daniel had a hip issue in 2017,played 14. Only played 10 games in 2018, due to a left foot injury, suffered last nov. against Seattle. Daniels played 463 snaps last season,than Dec. moved to IR. In May of 2019.The packers announced they planned to scale back Daniels snaps.July 24th they decided to save 8.3M paying Daniels. Am no doctor, but age 30, coming off a bad foot has to raise medical red flags first.imo, We need 2 DT's that can pull 700 good reps behind Richardson & Ogun. Daniels certainly upgrades Price or Coley. The risk is Daniels will want close to McCoy dollars, with a higher risk to re-injury than McCoy. Above my pay scale 🤓 forwarding to the experts..    

5 hours ago, gumby73 said:

The risk is Daniels will want close to McCoy dollars, with a higher risk to re-injury than McCoy. Above my pay scale 🤓 forwarding to the experts..    

He might, but he doesn't have the same luxury as McCoy did in the timing of his release. Teams filled up their cap space a good deal the past 2 months unlike when McCoy was on the market. McCoy wasn't coming off major injury bugs either as you said. He'll get a similar structure deal no doubt, I'd be really surprised if the max equals the same though (McCoy is about $10.5 million if he hits all his bonuses).

We'll see, but he seems like a great upgrade that would come at a price worth the risk of re-injury. We definitely have the short-term cap for him too.

On 7/7/2019 at 6:07 PM, hoorta said:

He'll have to chow down on immense amounts of soy protein to maintain muscle mass- and I don't know if that stuff has all the essential amino acid precursors. OK, I looked- 8 out of 9.  Pro football player and 100% vegan probably doesn't mix. Join PETA while you're at it.  

there are more and better vegan sources of complete protein than soy. And simply adding brown rice to a bean like lentils gives u the full chain that meat does. The issue with vegans is they often dont understand you have to pull protein not just from two seperate sources, but "complimentary" sources. 

ive become a beans and rice guy....ill eat meat occassionaly for taste but its not an every day or even weekly thing, like it used to be. And i still eat eggs so fuck vegans. tgey wont even eat honey or milk. Raw fucking goat milk is prob the best pure source of protein on the planet and nothing had to die for u to.drink it.

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

ive become a beans and rice guy....ill eat meat occassionaly for taste but its not an every day or even weekly thing, like it used to be. And i still eat eggs so fuck vegans. tgey wont even eat honey or milk. Raw fucking goat milk is prob the best pure source of protein on the planet and nothing had to die for u to.drink it.

You must fart a lot. 

And what about the poor poor baby goat for which that milk was intended? Sadly bleating in the corner. Breaks my heart.

there are more and better vegan sources of complete protein than soy. And simply adding brown rice to a bean like lentils gives u the full chain that meat does. The issue with vegans is they often dont understand you have to pull protein not just from two seperate sources, but "complimentary" sources. 

Sheep milk = Roquefort cheese. Yum.  As to vegans, to each their own. 

PS Feta cheese (usually made from goat milk) is one of the few I don't like at all.  

It's not yet official, but it does appear he is signing with the Lions.Apparently he wants to start, which he probably wouldn't here. I wish him well & I applaud Dorsey for not overpaying for a 30 year old backup. We will survive.

Mike

40 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Sheep milk = Roquefort cheese. Yum.  As to vegans, to each their own. 

PS Feta cheese (usually made from goat milk) is one of the few I don't like at all.  

I LOVE a good Greek salad with Kalamata olives & feta cheese, although too much feta CAN overpower an otherwise great salad. John's Bar on Cleveland Ave NW in Canton has a great Greek salad. My standard order there is an order of smelt/cocktail sauce, a Greek salad & a beer or two. Gourmets may thumb their noses at that combo, but I love it!

Mike

• Upvote 1

All 1 year deals. And winning in that 1 year mattered? Suh-TB-9.2M///McCoy-Car.-8M///Snacks-Lions-9.2M///Daniels-Lions-9.1M....sure seems like, top dollar to play..Win or lose? I hope Ogun, kicks ass & takes names later.. for just under 1M.. no harm & keep swinging at your price Dorsey..

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

He may have also wanted to do what McCoy did:   join a foe in the same division as the team that released him in order to get payback. 

But to do that you have to live in Detroit?  Nah,  it's the millions.  

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Is it?  Do we know if the Browns even made an offer?  And if so, was it all that deficient in comparison?

No we don't- and we weren't going to offer him a $9 million one year contract either. He apparently wanted to start, instead of being a rotational player, and the contract the Lions gave him isn't rotational money.  

The tide has turned- and we don't need to overpay to get talent here anymore. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

As odd as it sounds l’m ok with not getting a guy like Daniels. The table is set for some fierce competition amongst the DL, and l kind of look forward to seeing who among the Zettels and Ekaules step up their game and push for playing time. 

well zettel is a DE so unless he put on some considerable mass in the offseason he's not gonna be DT material. We're "set" st DE with Smith and Avery as rotation depth. There might be a spot for Zettel there as garbage time rotation. But DT depth still concerns me. We play Blt twice and thats the best interior OL in football....thsts a heavy lifting game. I dont want sheldon and jobi accumulating too much dmg in that game. Hopefully baker and thst offense can put so much pts on the board esrly that blt has to start passing sooner. 

well zettel is a DE so unless he put on some considerable mass in the offseason he's not gonna be DT material. We're "set" st DE with Smith and Avery as rotation depth. There might be a spot for Zettel there as garbage time rotation. But DT depth still concerns me. We play Blt twice and thats the best interior OL in football....thsts a heavy lifting game. I dont want sheldon and jobi accumulating too much dmg in that game. Hopefully baker and thst offense can put so much pts on the board esrly that blt has to start passing sooner. 

A good number of those backup guys have been with the team about a year now, and were Dorsey pick ups. We traded a 7th for Devaroe Lawrence. We axed Austin Reiter and Carl Nassib to make room for a couple of them, both guys who found some success elsewhere. Presumably Dorsey saw something in these guys so he went out of his way to gets them. Let’s see what they can do.

Also, read today that Smith is practicing with the 3rd team DL most recently. He’s a guy l think we both liked last year, but getting a subtle message to not rest on his laurels. We got good pace setters for competition and betterment as a whole is bound to happen.

Well....this is the Browns depth chart for this year at DT:

DT 65 Ogunjobi, Larry 17/3 91 Price, Brian SF18 94 Davis, Carl W/Bal 96 Ekuale, Daniel CF18    
DT 98 Richardson, Sheldon U/Min 93 Coley, Trevon SF16 99 Lawrence, Devaroe T/NO

Sufficient?  or Insufficient at this point?

I think the Browns still want some help there,otherwise they would 

not have been looking at McCoy and Daniels

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

The tide has turned- and we don't need to overpay to get talent here anymore.

The 30 yr old would've been a nice addition...but for the right price.  (unless you're desperate, which we're not at that position)

On 7/27/2019 at 11:19 AM, Ibleedbrown said:

A good number of those backup guys have been with the team about a year now, and were Dorsey pick ups. We traded a 7th for Devaroe Lawrence. We axed Austin Reiter and Carl Nassib to make room for a couple of them, both guys who found some success elsewhere. Presumably Dorsey saw something in these guys so he went out of his way to gets them. Let’s see what they can do.

Also, read today that Smith is practicing with the 3rd team DL most recently. He’s a guy l think we both liked last year, but getting a subtle message to not rest on his laurels. We got good pace setters for competition and betterment as a whole is bound to happen.

1) Thats interesting about Smith...who's taking 2nd team reps from him? Thomas? 

2) As far as i can tell all those pickups we got from letting meder and nassib go....didnt work out. When jobi was injured they kept him in there pkaying at prob 80%. That speaks volumes about that rotation. And why Sheldon was such a key signing. The fact we were still persuing DT's lije mccoy and daniels means Berea is worried what hsppens if sheldon or jobi get hurt

59 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

2) As far as i can tell all those pickups we got from letting meder and nassib go....didnt work out. When jobi was injured they kept him in there pkaying at prob 80%. That speaks volumes about that rotation. And why Sheldon was such a key signing. The fact we were still persuing DT's lije mccoy and daniels means Berea is worried what hsppens if sheldon or jobi get hurt

the guess works been done. Anybody on this list raise your eyebrows? https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2019/7/27/20730769/possible-tc-cuts-at-dt-that-could-be-of-interest   

1 hour ago, nickers said:

He got on board with the Kitty Kats.. Fuck'um!

Yep!

To quote Freddie, "If you're not wearing orange & brown, you don't matter!"

Mike

• Like 1