Jump to content
darren15

Gerald McCoy/ Mike Daniels

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

the problem is that he apparently is using ancient thinking that the Browns are not a team that could challenge for a title.

2slY.gif      Sure we Can...Zoltar says Dorsey signs his 6th Pro Bowler by close of business Friday.. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the signing of mccoy has fuckall to do with any hedge on ogunjobi or richardson, wtf is myles thinking? Maybe theres a backup tackle that myles really likes that he doesnt want to see his reps drop off with a mccoy signing....cause thats the only peoole mccoy would be taking reps from if he was to be signed. I guess an eventual gm position is not in myles future. Cause signing mccoy would be for rotational depth....would only make jobi and sheldons reps more productive. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, choco said:

Dude played 9 years for a doormat team, who thanked him by releasing him. Once money is made, what's wrong with wanting a ring?

Nothing wrong with wanting a ring - but wanting to go to a team that is already playoff caliber, and ignores the chances of the Browns to be there... he's ignoring that the Browns are very possibly in the playoffs and maybe even the superbowl next year. I take it that he wanted to only go to a proven team, not looking at a team with tremendous talent and coaching, and promise to get there.

    I like the players who love the challenge, and believe they can do it. Not just a guy who wants to join up with a team that has already done it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

Nothing wrong with wanting a ring - but wanting to go to a team that is already playoff caliber, and ignores the chances of the Browns to be there... he's ignoring that the Browns are very possibly in the playoffs and maybe even the superbowl next year. I take it that he wanted to only go to a proven team, not looking at a team with tremendous talent and coaching, and promise to get there.

    I like the players who love the challenge, and believe they can do it. Not just a guy who wants to join up with a team that has already done it.

So...I take it you are not a major Kevin Durant fan.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Nothing wrong with wanting a ring - but wanting to go to a team that is already playoff caliber, and ignores the chances of the Browns to be there... he's ignoring that the Browns are very possibly in the playoffs and maybe even the superbowl next year. I take it that he wanted to only go to a proven team, not looking at a team with tremendous talent and coaching, and promise to get there.

    I like the players who love the challenge, and believe they can do it. Not just a guy who wants to join up with a team that has already done it.

So provided he doesn't go to the Pats basically.   Got it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

So provided he doesn't go to the Pats basically.   Got it.  

or the Eagles... or the Rams, Atlanta also got to the superbowl, basically. Got it now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, calfoxwc said:

or the Eagles... or the Rams, Atlanta also got to the superbowl, basically. Got it now?

Atlanta hasn't been back in a few years and really has been irrelevant since.    Eagles are trending downward since their magical run.   I'll give you the Rams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tiamat63 said:

Atlanta hasn't been back in a few years and really has been irrelevant since.    Eagles are trending downward since their magical run.   I'll give you the Rams. 

got it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2019 at 10:04 PM, gumby73 said:

2slY.gif      Sure we Can...Zoltar says Dorsey signs his 6th Pro Bowler by close of business Friday.. 

Happy Friday!! https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/05/gerald-mccoy-has-browns-and-ravens-on-his-short-list-and-bengals-interested-likely-to-visit-cleveland-soon.html  Let's GO, from dirt,rocks & 1 stud JT, to winning a division!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see some people around the internet thinking McCoy is not a good fit.  Think this would make our d scary as shit if he signs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

I see some people around the internet thinking McCoy is not a good fit.  Think this would make our d scary as shit if he signs.

You'll find that the internet is basically a giant IQ test.   You'll also find most people are failing that test. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2019 at 10:44 PM, Axe said:

If I were McCoy, I'd just wait....

Suh just got over 9 million for 1 year to replace McCoy. I can't imagine McCoy Would sign for Less.

WSS

Edit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LBC mike said:

I see some people around the internet thinking McCoy is not a good fit.  Think this would make our d scary as shit if he signs.

I think McCoy would have to accept the fact that he would be a rotational player here.  Of course, if he were to do that, it could be expected that he would have to take less money.  That is the question:  would he accept that role and a reduced salary.....or is there some team out there that would pay him more a play him more.  If there are, then he may have to go back on his stated intention of wanting to play with a current contender.

Ergo...he must set his priorities:   Money and playing time  vs.  Championship contention.

What do you think his decision would be?  (I think I know)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

id give him a front loaded contract fir 2-3 years...maybe 8-9 this year but falling off significantly the folliwing years. If we can get 2 good years out of him i think its a fair price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im still not sure why the rams parted with Suh. Watching games last year suh was leaner and seemingly stronger/faster than he's ever been. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2019 at 10:11 AM, choco said:

He's ignoring the browns?

Players always ignore the team they visit first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

on the NFL channel - some guy says McCoy is a huge good character/great personality - and wondered if he would be a fit, because he would have to start. But Richardson also has to start.

and Ogunjobi ? coming off his season? He's earned the starting role.

I don't believe McCoy wants to be a rotational guy - he'll go elsewhere - but good that he interviewed with the Browns.

Browns are getting very serious respect..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

highly doubt signs with browns-reason why here he be in a rotation there are teams who will start him not use him in a rotation!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2019 at 8:29 AM, calfoxwc said:

Nothing wrong with wanting a ring - but wanting to go to a team that is already playoff caliber, and ignores the chances of the Browns to be there... he's ignoring that the Browns are very possibly in the playoffs and maybe even the superbowl next year. I take it that he wanted to only go to a proven team, not looking at a team with tremendous talent and coaching, and promise to get there.

    I like the players who love the challenge, and believe they can do it. Not just a guy who wants to join up with a team that has already done it.

Hopefully it happens, but you think you might be getting ahead of yourself? Forget about arguing playoffs or even Super Bowl, as that has been talked about enough (and I can even partially see why), and you did qualify that. But what exactly has anyone seen to call tremendous coaching?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LBC mike said:

He is visiting Ravens next.

Kind'a Odd..1) We have former TB OC Todd Monkin.. 2) Ravens now have our former 2013 Browns DL coach Joe Cullen. Cullen was the DL coach in TB 2014 & 2015..3) The Bengals have the former Bucs LB coach Mark Duffner.. A) The Ravens can park McCoy next to Brandon Williams while they develope two rookies just drafted rotating Daylon Mack or Gerald Willis.B) In Cincy- they park McCoy next to Geno Atkins & they play every down..(cause their DT depth sucks)..  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Hopefully it happens, but you think you might be getting ahead of yourself? Forget about arguing playoffs or even Super Bowl, as that has been talked about enough (and I can even partially see why), and you did qualify that. But what exactly has anyone seen to call tremendous coaching?

just a huge hunch - after the first half? of the season under he who is gone...and the losses, and the inspired play and wins by Baker and the Guys after Kitchens and co took over - I'd say the difference was coaching. Especially with a new special teams coordinator....Just my goofy take on it all.

Although....

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/01/mike-priefer-to-join-browns-staff-as-special-teams-coordinator.html

Gerald McCoy’s visit with the Browns went ‘great’ and he could sign here after visiting Ravens Tuesday, source says

"Updated 6:16 PM; Today 4:32 PM

By Mary Kay Cabot, cleveland.com

CLEVELAND, Ohio — Gerald McCoy’s visit with the Browns went “great” and they tried to sign him before he left town Friday, but he’ll honor a commitment to visit the Ravens on Tuesday, a league source said.

Talks between the Browns and McCoy’s agent, Ben Dogra, continue, and McCoy could end up signing with the Browns next week depending on how his trip to Baltimore goes. McCoy will return to Orlando to spend Memorial Day weekend with his family before heading to Baltimore on Tuesday. He could take one more visit after that, but the Browns and Ravens are currently the frontrunners."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fuck....ravens will throw more money at him even if they hsve to.sit him just to keep him awsy from us. Almost gusrantee this happens as the ravens will give him whatever ge wants just to keep him out of cleveland. Something im sure his agent is well aware of. 

gah....let Blt be some guys sunset contract for once. I just hope the overpay bites them in the ass. He could have put up some old time numbers in cleveland playing with those other 2 DTs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

 

Gerald McCoy’s visit with the Browns went ‘great’ and he could sign here after visiting Ravens Tuesday, source says

"Updated 6:16 PM; Today 4:32 PM

By Mary Kay Cabot, cleveland.com

 heading to Baltimore on Tuesday. He could take one more visit after that, 

That's what great about this time of year..These writers all use un-known "Sources".. Hell, they were only another 11 teams listed for McCoy's services from all 32 teams 😂.. From what i hear in NC..The Panthers still want that one more visit..McCoy's got family? doubt they'd leave TB? but i'd certainly take the streets of Lake Erie life, far before the streets of Baltimore.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

fuck....ravens will throw more money at him even if they hsve to.sit him just to keep him awsy from us. Almost gusrantee this happens as the ravens will give him whatever ge wants just to keep him out of cleveland. Something im sure his agent is well aware of. 

gah....let Blt be some guys sunset contract for once. I just hope the overpay bites them in the ass. He could have put up some old time numbers in cleveland playing with those other 2 DTs

Ravens may sign him ...for a lot more than the Browns, because they have a much more dire need for him on their D Line.  See my thread on the AFCN position rankings.  The Ravens, in my opinion, rank last in the league along the DL.  They do not have the talent there that the Browns, Bengals or Steelers have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Ravens may sign him ...for a lot more than the Browns, because they have a much more dire need for him on their D Line. The Ravens, in my opinion, rank last in the league along the DL.  They do not have the talent there that the Browns, Bengals or Steelers have.

Am not there yet.. 1) the Ravens just dumped 16M in dead cap money to dump Flacco..They only have 14.7M left in cap space. They just drafted 2 decent DT's this draft that won't develope much with McCoy & Brandon Williams getting most the reps..They maybe more in a rotational mode at DT with a McCoy onboard, more than us? They'd be lucky to get McCoy done for 1 year with that cap.. Edit--nothing wrong with signing a Dawg on HumpDay..keep talking Dorse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

just a huge hunch - after the first half? of the season under he who is gone...and the losses, and the inspired play and wins by Baker and the Guys after Kitchens and co took over - I'd say the difference was coaching. Especially with a new special teams coordinator....Just my goofy take on it all.

Although....

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/01/mike-priefer-to-join-browns-staff-as-special-teams-coordinator.html

Gerald McCoy’s visit with the Browns went ‘great’ and he could sign here after visiting Ravens Tuesday, source says

"Updated 6:16 PM; Today 4:32 PM

By Mary Kay Cabot, cleveland.com

CLEVELAND, Ohio — Gerald McCoy’s visit with the Browns went “great” and they tried to sign him before he left town Friday, but he’ll honor a commitment to visit the Ravens on Tuesday, a league source said.

Talks between the Browns and McCoy’s agent, Ben Dogra, continue, and McCoy could end up signing with the Browns next week depending on how his trip to Baltimore goes. McCoy will return to Orlando to spend Memorial Day weekend with his family before heading to Baltimore on Tuesday. He could take one more visit after that, but the Browns and Ravens are currently the frontrunners."

I'm not saying that they cant be, but certainly way too early to make that claim, especially as a pitch for a player.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, beare said:

highly doubt signs with browns-reason why here he be in a rotation there are teams who will start him not use him in a rotation!

He's an older player.  Maybe he likes the idea of not having to play every single play.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×