THE BROWNS BOARD

Gerald McCoy/ Mike Daniels

darren15

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

1) Thats interesting about Smith...who's taking 2nd team reps from him? Thomas? 

2) As far as i can tell all those pickups we got from letting meder and nassib go....didnt work out. When jobi was injured they kept him in there pkaying at prob 80%. That speaks volumes about that rotation. And why Sheldon was such a key signing. The fact we were still persuing DT's lije mccoy and daniels means Berea is worried what hsppens if sheldon or jobi get hurt

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2019/7/26/8932201/cleveland-browns-training-camp-recap-day-2-greedy-for-picks

Found the mention about Chris Smith in that article. Apparently Avery and Zettel have been the number 2 team as of this writing. 

I dunno. Every year it seems some guys come outta nowhere and increase their level of play. Some guys regress too, but it seems there are enough of these bottom of the roster guys who have been with the club since last year and see the chance to be a part of something great, so l’m hopeful a few step up and pan out.  

19 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2019/7/26/8932201/cleveland-browns-training-camp-recap-day-2-greedy-for-picks

Found the mention about Chris Smith in that article. Apparently Avery and Zettel have been the number 2 team as of this writing. 

I dunno. Every year it seems some guys come outta nowhere and increase their level of play. Some guys regress too, but it seems there are enough of these bottom of the roster guys who have been with the club since last year and see the chance to be a part of something great, so l’m hopeful a few step up and pan out.  

tiamats thread suggested chad thomas was seeing alot of reps against the main OL....zettel huh? that dude did not imoress me last year in the slightest. 

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

the guess works been done. Anybody on this list raise your eyebrows? https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2019/7/27/20730769/possible-tc-cuts-at-dt-that-could-be-of-interest   

hell yes to bringing meder back...thats a solid heavy lifter that could come in against the run. Aytaba rubin huh? god damn i had no idea he was still around. Article suggests he was producing as a backup in seattle which has no bums in that d line room. I could be persuaded by a strong showing in camp....do it

On 7/28/2019 at 6:23 PM, Clevfan4life said:

tiamats thread suggested chad thomas was seeing alot of reps against the main OL....zettel huh? that dude did not imoress me last year in the slightest. 

Uhh, no.    

Chad was getting reps in 1 on 1's vs the 1st team tackles, like I said he did vs Hubbard on a couple wins.   I don't recall seeing him get a single first team snap in 11's though.