THE BROWNS BOARD

Gerald McCoy/ Mike Daniels

darren15

looks loke it would be duke going to TB for mccoy if it happens. Well, Dukes been wantin out and u cant blame him....this could be win win. If Mccoy is splitting reps with the other two...u could see a return to his old productivity when he's on the field. 

ummm......if this goes down wtf are we going to do as a collective fan base till sept? im already like cartman waiting for this fucking season....

tenor.gif

• Upvote 1

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

According to the report, the Bucs may have an interest in Browns running back Duke Johnson. #Bucs #Buccaneers @Buccaneers #Browns @Browns @NFLSTROUD @CantonRepdotcom @TB_Times

This would make all the sense in the browns world, why we did not draft a DT.  Not much sense in TB. 1) Bucs did not draft or add a FA DT to replace McCoy. 2) Added 3 LB's in FA period. And grabbed the best LB in the draft Devin White to play behind McCoy to keep off said LB'ers. 3) Bucs drafted zero, much needed RB help either..McCoy is 31..

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

This would make all the sense in the browns world, why we did not draft a DT.  Not much sense in TB. 1) Bucs did not draft or add a FA DT to replace McCoy. 2) Added 3 LB's in FA period. And grabbed the best LB in the draft Devin White to play behind McCoy to keep off said LB'ers. 3) Bucs drafted zero, much needed RB help either..McCoy is 31..

They drafted Vita Vea as DT last year in the firat round I believe.

• Upvote 1

31? That's kind of old eh? Duke and a 3rd for McCoy and a 2nd.

Or- 

Duke and a fourth for McCoy and a 3rd and 5th. 

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

The bold says it all.... 

46 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

31? That's kind of old eh? Duke and a 3rd for McCoy and a 2nd.

Or- 

Duke and a fourth for McCoy and a 3rd and 5th. 

This was discussed on Red Zone tonight Po.  This isn't Madden. Besides the age factor, McCoy is scheduled to make $13 million this year. We're not gonna cough up that much dough for a guy who would be a rotational player.  It would completely blow the cap to trade for him. Looking at Spotrac, the Jags can flat out cut him ($0 dead cap), so if that comes to pass we can make him an offer on a one year deal, keep Duke, and probably pay him less than 1\2 of his current contract.  PS, the bane of Colt McCoy (Ndamukong Suh) is still out there as a FA- apparently he's not willing to work cheap.  :)    

• Upvote 1

ok, 13m for mccoy right now is maybe too steep unless he's willing to restructure. Heres another thought....the 9'ers are looking to moce soloman thomas..forner #3 pick. 2 years left on his rookie deal. 6'3 280 is a nice rotational DE type who could play inside on certain downs. Maybe we can develop him better than SF, i dunno....just a thought.

But we could send duke to SF for him plus more potentially. 

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

It would completely blow the cap to trade for him. Looking at Spotrac,    

maybe it's just me? but i never sweat on the cap money while loading up on paying 90 guys. Cuts to 53 with 10-12 on PS. I watch money guarantees,that could hit cap if cut. We have what's known as "roster money eaters", that only get their salary if not cut..We could take on a 1 year show me deal on McCoy,Chris Harris or a Zach Brown deal..no need to pay a high dollar on Suh or Ansah as non-rotational imo..if were still paying Depot, to do something? it's his money book, not mine.. I'd take the hit on McCoy's age factor, if TB is willing to pay Duke off our books of what's owed on our books for Duke.. Just as Draft..Dorsey sits in the driver's seat. And Coach Kitchen is handling this like a players champ.. 

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

The bold says it all.... 

This was discussed on Red Zone tonight Po.  This isn't Madden. Besides the age factor, McCoy is scheduled to make $13 million this year. We're not gonna cough up that much dough for a guy who would be a rotational player.  It would completely blow the cap to trade for him. Looking at Spotrac, the Jags can flat out cut him ($0 dead cap), so if that comes to pass we can make him an offer on a one year deal, keep Duke, and probably pay him less than 1\2 of his current contract.  PS, the bane of Colt McCoy (Ndamukong Suh) is still out there as a FA- apparently he's not willing to work cheap.  :)    

duke getting 5m this year, so it'd be an offset of 8m to have, literally, the best DL in the league.  even at 31 he graded out very well last year, and as part of a rotation his usage should decrease a bit helping with health and longevity.  ogun played injured for 6 games last year, out of necessity.  that cannot happen again.

11 minutes ago, choco said:

duke getting 5m this year, so it'd be an offset of 8m to have, literally, the best DL in the league.  even at 31 he graded out very well last year, and as part of a rotation his usage should decrease a bit helping with health and longevity.  ogun played injured for 6 games last year, out of necessity.  that cannot happen again.

Are we willing to pay a larger price for a rotational player/part time starter? 

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

ansah still hasnt signed anywhere? well, i was high on ansah before we signed vernon...ansah's starter money so not gonna pay that now. 9'ers are shopping siloman thomas who's got 2 more years left on rookie deal....dorsey oughta look at that. 

Thomas is an interesting name. I know coaches love the redemption card and I'll admit I thought he would be good at the NFL level. Kid flashed all the tools at Stanford.     Having said that,  I don't think the Niners would want a 5th rounder for him and to that point - would he even beat out Zettel for the base end-interior slide guy sub package spot? 

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Are we willing to pay a larger price for a rotational player/part time starter? 

provided the cap implications do not prevent the team from signing one of the core draftees, i dont see why not. as dorsey said recently..."cant have too many good football players".  richardson and ogun cant play every snap...someone else has to play significant snaps, and current options are coley, thomas, price, smith, or davis.  mccoy carries no dead money hit, so they can always cut bait if needed. 

consistent pressure from the front four will make this defense very formidable.  

28 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Ndamakong Suh is still available as a FA......he had a fairly productive year last year with the Rams.   As a rotational DT....he could have value, at the right salary  (and how much can he demand now?)

he'll want a hefty price. He wont come to clev to be a rotation guy either. 

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Thomas is an interesting name. I know coaches love the redemption card and I'll admit I thought he would be good at the NFL level. Kid flashed all the tools at Stanford.     Having said that,  I don't think the Niners would want a 5th rounder for him and to that point - would he even beat out Zettel for the base end-interior slide guy sub package spot? 

I would think he would beat zettle. I was thoroughly underwhelmed by zettle last year...Thomas can develop here for 2 years on his rook contract. Working with myles and vernon might get him there. 

i mean...we could lrob still do the mccoy trade with TB and give the 9'ers some 2nd or 3rd day pick. 9'ers might want to.just part with him on the cheap since they've got Bosa and Ford now. 

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

he'll want a hefty price. He wont come to clev to be a rotation guy either. 

Sorry....but that is what he is at this point in his career....whether he believes it or not.  And he won't get nearly the money he thinks he deserves either. 

I don't know what they get paid....but a rotational DT is what he is.  If he was in such high demand, he would have been signed by now.  Notwithstanding that, he could be a "piece"  in the Browns DT room.  But just that, a piece.   (and that should apply to any NFL team unless there is one out there desperate to take him on as a centerpiece of their defensive line.)

you tell Suh he's rotational gip;) Suh played 1 season with the Rams for 14M..888 defensive snaps, 87.83% of them. Even 80 ST snaps.. Meanwhile, Bucs fans have all sorts of demands on this McCoy deal  https://www.bucsnation.com/2019/4/30/18523785/buccaneers-cleveland-browns-potential-gerald-mccoy-trade (you don't matter)  also C Kyle Friend was cut loose by Browns..so Some BoDy is coming?

Still with all these Duke hefty prices? If Dorsey really wanted to trade him, last weekend was the right time.

Now we have Duke and a lower pick for McCoy and a higher pick. That makes zero sense, but now looking back I see who posted it (and some of the warped values previously).

As for the salary, it does matter when the Browns are already over, which hurts the left over money to sign the players in the next couple years. 

I certainly think that Suh is more than a rotational piece now. He actually had s pretty good year last year. He just wasn't the best DT on their team. He isn't signed because he wants paid. But to say it proves he is just a piece because he hasn't signed, there are players over the years who have signed later because they were holding out to get the most money, really good players. 

Solomon Thomas was a top 3 pick, I seriously doubt that 49ers would give him up for a 5th rounder. He would at the very least be in the rotation like is being talked about here. I could see him being traded, but I would be surprised if it's as low as a 5th

5 hours ago, gumby73 said:

you tell Suh he's rotational gip;) Suh played 1 season with the Rams for 14M..888 defensive snaps, 87.83% of them. Even 80 ST snaps.. Meanwhile, Bucs fans have all sorts of demands on this McCoy deal  https://www.bucsnation.com/2019/4/30/18523785/buccaneers-cleveland-browns-potential-gerald-mccoy-trade (you don't matter)  also C Kyle Friend was cut loose by Browns..so Some BoDy is coming?

Well....he may have been that before.....a mostly every down player....but I do not think he is that going into the future.    But I understand that he will still want to be paid that.  Many washed up players think they should still be getting top dollar.

Bucs and Browns fan here.. Why would anyone trade for McCoy? Just wait... The Bucs need cap space to sign draft picks.. A large salary has to go and McCoy is no where near team facilities .

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Axe said:

Bucs and Browns fan here.. Why would anyone trade for McCoy? Just wait... The Bucs need cap space to sign draft picks.. A large salary has to go and McCoy is no where near team facilities .

Are you saying he may be dumped even without a trade?  

Or how about this....a 6th rounder in 2021?