THE BROWNS BOARD

Any Holes left to Fill?

The Gipper

3 hours ago, PoeticG said:

This team has no holes now. For the first time is a long, long time, our ship is not leaking. They have reinforced the hull and added new sails as well. FULL SPEED AHEAD, WE'VE A LOMBARDI TO CATCH! 

tommyboy.png

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, The Gipper said:
  1. Well....I think that Dorsey recognized some potential holes.....in the LB room and the DB room....which is why he went after a corner, a safety, and  two LBs in this draft.  You say that the Browns did not "upgrade the LB room significantly in the draft".   One Mr. John Dorsey may take issue with that position given that he took Takitaki and Wilson.     Tell us why you think Dorsey is wrong and you think you are right.
  2. My position is that while certainly these draft picks at LB are not proven....they still increase the quality of the depth we have there over what backups are/were otherwise on hand. And maybe they will prove to become quality NFL starters. Maybe.  (everything is a maybe)

1. Did Dorsey say he'd upgraded our LB room significantly??? Link? I'm sure he liked the players he took, but that's not the same thing.

As for my take... this was not a good LB class. Of the eleven positions in the draft Zierlein ranked LB 11th. I do not see how expectations can run high for prospects picked in the 3rd and 5th rounds of a relatively weak class.

BTW... Zierlein ranks the 2019 CB class 10th and Safety class 7th.

2. So basically you agree with me, i.e., any improvement of the team we field depends upon the three vets I discussed. Thanks...

You can never have too much talent. I think that is why the Browns drafted positions such as K. Unless your name is Garrett or Mayfield, no one is really safe on this roster. I wouldn't mind trying to get a little more depth on the DL/DE positions. I think the browns will be active once cut-downs begin to happen in August. Dorsey was extremely active last year at turning over the bottom of the roster and I think he will be again this year. For once, the Browns might also be  a FA destination for the guys who get cut because of salary.

10 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

1. Did Dorsey say he'd upgraded our LB room significantly??? Link? I'm sure he liked the players he took, but that's not the same thing.

As for my take... this was not a good LB class. Of the eleven positions in the draft Zierlein ranked LB 11th. I do not see how expectations can run high for prospects picked in the 3rd and 5th rounds of a relatively weak class.

BTW... Zierlein ranks the 2019 CB class 10th and Safety class 7th.

2. So basically you agree with me, i.e., any improvement of the team we field depends upon the three vets I discussed. Thanks...

3 veteran linebackers?

There are plenty of holes to fill(always will be)......starting line up looks pretty damn good, but depth is what keeps you alive.....

Linebacker...for starters....cuz we are weak here.....upgraded starters and depth needed.....

O line too.....upgrades in starters and depth needed....

Improved QB depth would be nice....

DB's across the board....cant have enough

Maybe some more good WR's......

TE anybody?.....

Do we have any prospective kick or punt returners???