THE BROWNS BOARD

Unfinished Business!!

nickers

Well.. Now that the draft has passed and mini camp about to begin.. We the Cleveland Browns are on the precipice of football greatness by virtue of the moves we made in this exciting offseason.. I'll never forget that dreadful day my younger brother and I were downtown for one of the last games before the browns move and rallied with the fans in a peaceful protest to the move.. What a sad, dark time for Cleveland.. And then only to live through a period of football futility upon its return.. That would've driven most teams to a state of being defunct. We held true to our passion and showed up to the weekly shit show anyway with a token "win" here and there along the way.. Even through Randy Lerners ineptness as an owner (He tried),, we still came through the turnstiles

The Haslams came soon after and came with a very rocky start in theyre tenure as ownership thus far.. The firing of Rob Chudzinski made 0 sense to me.. And there was the flying J's debacle simmering in the background amidst the teams daily activities.. While Pettine tried hard.. He got dealt a shitty hand  and was shackled by the prescence of a one Jonathan Paul Manziel who for my money, goes down as the biggest Browns draft bust ever...I would like to think Haslam no longer takes the advice of hobos on the street anymore (as rumored). Never saw a QB with such a shitty work ethic.. And the QB room we had was awful.. He made Derek Anderception look pallletable.

So now we embark on the upcoming season.. A new gutsy ,savvy QB in Baker Mayfield, a RB in Nick Chubb and a cast of personalities we havent seen since the 80's. Let's also not underscore this amazing WR corps we have now.. Enter John Dorsey into the mix who in my mind has done an impossible task of filling this roster with legit , viable talent... No more old Karlos Dansby's or washed up Devone Bess or the worthless Dwayne Bowe and Kenny Shitt.. Now its guys like Jarvis Landry,Kareem Hunt and other guys like T-Rex (Garrett)

This past season.. While the team saw marked improvement after the release of Hue Jackass.. There were  times the refs blatantly screwed us out of games (Victories) And stupid team decisions by pue.. The team made strides that they made despite the obstacles... Now with legit talent like OBJ, Sheldon Richardson and Olivier Vernon and some of the other depth guys we added.. I fully believe this team can settle unfinished business on the field. And doit in a big way.. I really think Freddie Kitchens has the pulse of the team.. And has the the teams ear... Therefore with all that has transpired.. It's time for the Browns to settle some "unfinished Business".. With all of that said.. I'm predicting a 12-4 record with a trip to the AFC Championship against the Patriots.. I just don't see any other team except maybe Pittsburgh , Chargers and the Pat's getting in our way... or being a tough out.

GO BROWNS!!!!

• Upvote 4

57 minutes ago, nickers said:

So now we embark on the upcoming season.. A new gutsy ,savvy QB in Baker Mayfield, a RB in Nick Chubb and a cast of personalities we havent seen since the 80's. Let's also not underscore this amazing WR corps we have now.. Enter John Dorsey into the mix who in my mind has done an impossible task of filling this roster with legit , viable talent... No more old Karlos Dansby's or washed up Devone Bess or the worthless Dwayne Bowe and Kenny Shitt.. Now its guys like Jarvis Landry,Kareem Hunt and other guys like T-Rex (Garrett)

GO BROWNS!!!!

Good post. I keep going back to the move to trade for and extend Landry as a pivotal move for the Browns. I thought l heard Miami traded him here as some sort of “F you” move, and he could have gone the route of Bowe and Britt and cash his checks and go through the motions, but he didn’t. He really seemed to put the team on his back and attack the challenge head on of making the Browns viable. And his lobbying likely played some part in pulling the trigger for OBJ, so the return on investment continues.

• Upvote 2

To be fair though Dorsey did not bring in Garrett. However he has now set him up to be far more effective with the additions this year of two more viable QB eaters on the other side who can also stop the run. Even if offenses still choose to double team and/or chip Garrett, the others are free to do their best which will be far better than last year. And they added two ILB possibilities to make this a viable 3 and out defense. I've always been the proponent that defense is what gets you deep into the playoffs and now we have one to go with the even higher powered offense. This is gonna be a fun season to watch unfold as this team starts looking like a real winner instead of the perpetual doormat.

• Upvote 1